Too F'in Blonde
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
One of the things wrong in America is lawsuits...its destroyed their medical system, it has destroyed common decency (afraid to help a stranger who is on fire cause he may sue you?) and it creates fucking morons...lets not work but rather find someone to sue... however I can't help but to want Activision to get hit hard.

Some arguments have been...we are getting free discs sometime after 2008. Big fucking whoopie doo ... if I went to a theater and bought a ticket and the movie was accidentally in black and white.... would the wait till 2008 approach work?

Then some people say "Dude patches have been around forever..." and sure they have however this isn't a fucking patchable console...which means before release date hits you NEED to fix all the bugs....or at least all that might hinder game play. If there is a wall you can occasionally glitch through there is no need for a recall however fucking up the sound in a sound game is a big deal.

Okay Weapon, so the company fucked up...but sued? COME ON!

Well I am a movie producer...I would love to produce a sci-fi post apocalyptic film...actually its all I can think of right now....however BIG BUCKS....but what if I made half the film, marketed the movie...sold it and when people complained "Where is the end?" I said "hey must be a glitch do me a favor and wait till 2008!" Then used the earned revenue from sales to finish my movie.

Conspiracy much? Maybe but I am not to far off ... Activision got my money before they SHOULD have and with that money they could have A) invested it early ... companies do this ALL the time... B) Not had the funds for proper developing and then used the income from sales to finish the job. Either way the customer buys a game at peak value and by the time they get a fix the game DEPRECIATES...I think that may be a key here. Selling a game and patching it a few days later is no big deal...shit mistakes happen... however selling a product for $90 dollars that can't be patched, then having the customer wait months to get a fix at which point his product is worth significantly less.... and the gamer has either A) beaten the game in a sub par experience and will probably never pop in the replacement disc or B) has his guitar sitting for 4 months on a wall waiting for a replacement disc ... knowing that $90 could have been used toward a game he could be PLAYING now.

Bottom line is that developers need to be sent a message....and that is finish the fucking game BEFORE you said it out. I hate stupid American lawsuits but let me say I fully support the one going on against Activision.

shadowboy

:D
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Amen, I got this shit for christmas and am pissed the hell off. Better ****ing have some extra songs or some shit to make up for the delay.
And I had better get something good from this lawsuit, not the usual 2 dollars/2 cupons to buy a pepsi product while the 1st plaintiff and lawyer get fucking 10 million a piece. Class actions are such bullshit.

Golds

Old Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i've never been a big Wii fan, and could care less about the games on the system, but I completely agree with you weapon.

Maybe this lawsuit will make activisions games for all systems better in the future.

D

Deleted User

I have to agree that it was really stupid of them to release the game with mono sound. I was about to buy it and then saw the price tag of EUR 95 over here and afterwards someone mentioned the mono 'bug' in a review (german VG magazine) and I just thought 'No'.

The reviewer even said they contacted Activision and they didn't comment on it being a bug or if it was intentionally.

They should have recognized this sound issue before releasing the game and I can totally understand how upset you are. However, lawuits aren't that easy where I come from but I hope they'll get hit hard for this.

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
A) Unless you have like, a surround sound system or something, I don't think you'd even notice the songs being in mono.

B) They need to get fixed discs out NOW. DVD companies do this. A TV box set is missing the sound track on one of the episodes. Within a week, replacement discs are available.

Awdofgum

Wadofgum
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it really that big of a deal?
Your movie example is not related to the issue at all. The game is almost exactly like the ones on the other consoles but if the had the stereo option but it was defaulted on mono i bet you wouldn't even notice.

Spikey

Your Special Someone
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To those who say it's not that big a deal, or that you wouldn't notice... afaik the PS2 version and the Wii version are basically identical to each other. If the same holds true for their sound quality, then I must say the difference is VERY noticeable. The Wii's sound is most obviously much worse sounding, I must say. Regardless of if this even has to do with the mono issue or not, the Wii version sounds terrible in comparison to the PS2 version, and this just shouldn't be. However when comparing to the 360 version the problem just becomes very much more clear.

Anyways, that's my opinion... which is like all over the place.
laugh.gif

Awdofgum

Wadofgum
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well to all those that think it is such a big deal and it is very much noticeable... no it isn't noticeable unless, mentioned earlier, you have surround sound or you are playing co-op, remember the best thing about a game is the gameplay everything else is just for looks, although everything else is still important.

WeaponXxX

Too F'in Blonde
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well to all those that think it is such a big deal and it is very much noticeable...
If it was not a big deal then why issue new discs? Because it is a big deal, I have a surround sound system and I have a g/f who wants to play Co-Op with me... The insulting thing is the longevity in the wait to get the new discs out... and that they are still selling the game with the defect.

Again to those of you who don't have a surround sound system...okay...fine you may be okay...but my copy of GH3 has been sitting on the wall as I wait to see how this plays out. I may hock it and get the 360 version ... not sure yet ... regardless I bought a game on launch and months later I haven't picked up my guitar because I know it takes about a month or so to "master a game" and if I "beat" GH3...I won't pop in my new disc with the fixed sound issues.

j5c077

some old guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well to all those that think it is such a big deal and it is very much noticeable...

If it was not a big deal then why issue new discs? Because it is a big deal, I have a surround sound system and I have a g/f who wants to play Co-Op with me... The insulting thing is the longevity in the wait to get the new discs out... and that they are still selling the game with the defect.

Again to those of you who don't have a surround sound system...okay...fine you may be okay...but my copy of GH3 has been sitting on the wall as I wait to see how this plays out. I may hock it and get the 360 version ... not sure yet ... regardless I bought a game on launch and months later I haven't picked up my guitar because I know it takes about a month or so to "master a game" and if I "beat" GH3...I won't pop in my new disc with the fixed sound issues.

why didnt you just buy the 360 version in the first place? that would have been the best choice

WeaponXxX

Too F'in Blonde
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
why didnt you just buy the 360 version in the first place? that would have been the best choice
That was a goof on my part, first time GH player and I thought the Wii was the only wireless version *Facepalm* (But I did hear issues with lag on the 360 version .... I think?)

modshroom128

Trophies
Website
modshroom128.imgur.com
XP
Country
United States
geez, why would you support the american lawsuit against activision?
is it because you dont get to play your precious guitar hero 3 EXACTLY when they said you could?

i mean cmon, they made some lil mistakes... and they still made the kickass game for your enjoyment, the least you can do is not be a fat greedy american and sew them for some minor faults.
america makes me sick.

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is it because you dont get to play your precious guitar hero 3 EXACTLY when they said you could?

i mean cmon, they made some lil mistakes... and they still made the kickass game for your enjoyment, the least you can do is not be a fat greedy american and sew them for some minor faults.
america makes me sick.
ok, how about i sell you this bread, i baked it yesterday. it costs about 2x the price of normal bread

except i didnt bake it yesterday, and its full of mold, too bad. since youre not a fat greedy american you're not suing me, right?

Mewgia

drifter
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well...yeah. Linkiboy made a great and funny example of this, but to put it in layman's terms: Activision made a promise and they broke it without telling anyone. Then when people noticed Activision said that they would amend that promise in a few months. They give no reason as to why it will take them a few months, because there is none. The poeple who payed good money for this game are angry about getting lied to about this game. They rightfully sue.

OK maybe it wasn't layman's terms but that's how I see it...kinda.

Also, iirc WeaponXxX is originally Canadian, and you are a resident of American anyway modshroom.

Spikey

Your Special Someone
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well to all those that think it is such a big deal and it is very much noticeable... no it isn't noticeable unless, mentioned earlier, you have surround sound or you are playing co-op, remember the best thing about a game is the gameplay everything else is just for looks, although everything else is still important.
I don't have surround sound and I noticed a clear difference having played the PS2, 360, and Wii versions.

WeaponXxX

Too F'in Blonde
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Actually I am from Greece, my father from Canada...regardless... it comes down to this, money

Money is an object that collects interest if put in the right place... I have a bank that provides me with 6%....

I exploit this as many other people do...I use all credit cards so that way my money stays in the bank and collects interest, then at the end of the month I pay off my bills. I'm collecting an extra 30 days of interest off money I have. That $100 dollars could have stayed in the bank for shit...whats it gonna be now? 4-5 months before I get a proper copy of the game?

Sure it is small potatoes...the cash...but its my right to do what I see with my earnings...shit my uncle owns a big Greek Restaurant in the city, has buckets of cash and yet unplugs the alarm clock to "save money"...sure I think it is silly but its his money to do what he pleases with. If he wants to save 6 cents a day who am I to argue.

So by Guitar Hero not fulfilling their part of the deal ... yes I won't be playing my video game I purchased in a timely fashion...and not only that I will be owning a depreciating game and losing money I could have invested. Did they offer to trade me a 360 version? No, did they offer any quick solution? No!

And regarding the movie reference...if you see a movie that was accidentally in black and white ... you still get to SEE the product...your just not getting the full experience and I feel it is the same with guitar hero... I can hear the music...I just don't get the full experience.

I have enough money so I could really care less about getting financial gain from any lawsuit...I just want games to be finished when hitting the shelves...especially as I am trying to actually buy games now. For my wait...well since Activision won't trade me copies with a 360 version right now? I guess some bonus tracks might make me feel a little better??? But like I said before...I think this shit just needs to be nipped in the butt.

The problem with American lawsuits are they are just plain silly...5 million dollars for a game that has mono is ridiculous...I think a better option would be if a company can not fix an issue in a timely matter (ie...15 days) then the customer gets a refund and gets to keep the item purchased. Those are just my thoughts...of course this is really the first time I have been plagued with this issue...the poor people who buy EA games...Spyro and Lego Star Wars for the DS come to mind...I'm sure they would like better quality control as well.

modshroom128

Trophies
Website
modshroom128.imgur.com
XP
Country
United States

Well...yeah. Linkiboy made a great and funny example of this, but to put it in layman's terms: Activision made a promise and they broke it without telling anyone. Then when people noticed Activision said that they would amend that promise in a few months. They give no reason as to why it will take them a few months, because there is none. The poeple who payed good money for this game are angry about getting lied to about this game. They rightfully sue.

OK maybe it wasn't layman's terms but that's how I see it...kinda.

Also, iirc WeaponXxX is originally Canadian, and you are a resident of American anyway modshroom.
i no, and i still hate this country.

and i guess he made a point if they "promised".

but to flat out sew the company? damn...

betawind

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I hope the lawsuit fails. All the gamers getting butt hurt over a video game need to grow up. America's legal system is going down the hole because of people like them.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.