Hacking The GREEN SCREEN

roup

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm trying a game out using BackupLauncher and it starts up in black and white. The game ISO was PAL and my unit is NTSC, however, I've successfully played PAL games in the past by forcing NTSC. When I do this with this game the screen turns all Green and just sits there until I turn off the power on the Wii. I've tried recopying the game at a lower burn speed but same thing happens....any Ideas? If I force PAL being a PAL game will this work?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
If the game is black and white with PAL and freezes with NTSC, the game doesn't contain any info how to output NTSC video. Oh, and this means your tv is bad and doesn't support PAL playback. Try force NTSC and vidpatch, and if this doesn't work you need to patch the main.dol.

Egonny

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
That's a region error. Some games don't get affected by Force NTSC(as some NTSC games don't get affected by Force PAL sometimes).
You should patch the game with WiiFrii before burning.

roup

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Egonny said:
That's a region error. Some games don't get affected by Force NTSC(as some NTSC games don't get affected by Force PAL sometimes).
You should patch the game with WiiFrii before burning.

Thanks for the info guys. Is WiiFrii available somewhere through this site. I've done a couple of searches with no luck finding a link to the file.

Thanks again!

roup

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Playing with the link you posted Egonny....doesn't seem to work even after I've created an account.

roup

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
WiiPower said:
If you were an experinced user, you could use my toy in combination with the generic wii patcher and skip the reburning:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=122125&hl=newest

thanks...but no thanks....A little too technical for me but I appreciate the info. Never hurts to read all this great information to become more educated on the in's and out's of this stuff!

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
roup said:
WiiPower said:
If you were an experinced user, you could use my toy in combination with the generic wii patcher and skip the reburning:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=122125&hl=newest

thanks...but no thanks....A little too technical for me but I appreciate the info. Never hurts to read all this great information to become more educated on the in's and out's of this stuff!

With this toy you can both dump the main.dol to sd card and load the main.dol from the sd card instead of loading it from the disc. As the video mode is patched in the main.dol, this is very handy and simple to use. Run the toy, press - to dump. Then open the main.dol with the generic wii patcher and patch the video mode. and then play the game with the toy and press +.

bugaveli

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This TOY does not work for games that show green screen when forced ntsc. crash of the titans and big brain academy PAL still show green screen. wiifrii does nothing either

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
bugaveli said:
This TOY does not work for games that show green screen when forced ntsc. crash of the titans and big brain academy PAL still show green screen. wiifrii does nothing either

Did you test with a clean 1:1 copy? If you killed the disc with wiifrii my toy can't help.

roup

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Egonny said:
You can find it here.
For the common-key, you'll have to search it yourself, because i can't say that here.

Well....I'm still playing around with this issue. I've seen a couple people make reference to the fact that they can't give "common-key" info here....why's that?

Is the common-key specific to the game you want to use it with? I can't seem to find these common keys or bin files anywhere I've got WiiFrii now but I'm stuck...can someone at least point me in the right direction! (I may have to resort to "The TOY"
wacko.gif
)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: