Hacking The Great Quest for Wiiflow Plugins™ - A call for adventurers!

locomia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Is there a way to definitely set some neogeo roms to automatically use specific cores, aside the two available standard ones?

I am struggling with some erros in some roms as examples below, when running on standard retroarch or hexaeco from the pack:

B7ED1D3B-EAB5-4F46-8C72-65CDC1F062C1.jpeg80BB7436-5D22-443B-9E99-20C438DC9CA6.jpeg

Also another just with the message SYSTEM ROM ERROR on n a black screen

But after pressing home and selecting other cores I have, I could run these games. I just want to customize each of these problematic roms to use its working core in the first run, and - if possible - have only one cover per game instead of two (it shows two when you have both hexaeco and retroarch plug-ins checked and today I have games that work only in one or another)

(neogeo.zip and cache files are all Ok, actually I have these caches duplicated on every retroarch folder I have, including PRIVATE/NGMOD)

Last edited by locomia,

RunningSnakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@locomia

What games are giving you the errors or code dumps. Some time ago i was getting something similar warning but do not remember exactly what i did to fix the issue. I do remember Metal Slug 2 being one of the games.

cheloruiz79

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Is there a way to definitely set some neogeo roms to automatically use specific cores, aside the two available standard ones?

I am struggling with some erros in some roms as examples below, when running on standard retroarch or hexaeco from the pack:

View attachment 315886View attachment 315887

Also another just with the message SYSTEM ROM ERROR on n a black screen

But after pressing home and selecting other cores I have, I could run these games. I just want to customize each of these problematic roms to use its working core in the first run, and - if possible - have only one cover per game instead of two (it shows two when you have both hexaeco and retroarch plug-ins checked and today I have games that work only in one or another)

(neogeo.zip and cache files are all Ok, actually I have these caches duplicated on every retroarch folder I have, including PRIVATE/NGMOD)
same problem here

Reactions: RunningSnakes

locomia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
@locomia

What games are giving you the errors or code dumps. Some time ago i was getting something similar warning but do not remember exactly what i did to fix the issue. I do remember Metal Slug 2 being one of the games.

I had issues with kof2003, all rbff and mslug3, I did not take note of with rom gave each error with each core, but I can do it if you want. I remember the SYSTEM ROM ERROR on a black screen was in retroarch (I assumed that the retroarch is the duplicated cover in right and hexaeco is left and retroarch gives the green bar loading crom). If I well remember the piracy message was in 4:3 layout so I guess it was retroarch but not sure now.

BTW I could run those games using an older 1.7.5 VM or r12 core, in exception of mslug3 (game ran but controls don't work well) I aso did not make a true table of what worked were but I could

I'm still using the 10.1 pack, not sure if 11 will fix this.

RunningSnakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The NEO emulator/cores were not updated from 10.1 to 11 so that isn't where the issue is.

I have just tested KOF 2003, RBFF2, and Metal Slug 3 using Hexaeco NEO VM and all boot and play 100% & see all 3 of these games are using UniBIOS 4.0 by default when booting.

I believe the issue you have can be fixed by ...
1. Load any random NEO game, In game press Home/System Options/Neo Geo UniBIOS = enabled.
2. If you are still having issues, it is likely your BIOS are at fault. You may have to hunt down clean NEO unibios.

Regarding Metal Slug 3 control issues. After boot but before starting game, you must go to "GAME" options and change 1P KEY Configuration.
***Note*** GAME options (NOT Hexaeco Input configuration)

Other games might require in game key configuration also.

Last edited by RunningSnakes,
Reactions: cheloruiz79

RunningSnakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick add. I set up Hexaeco Vectrex and uploaded everything you need besides the roms. You'll need to a rename the roms to match the overlay.png and game.cfg files for the overlays to work in game. I have not been able to get official RA Vectrex to display the overlays (please post if you have this working) but the Hexaeco core does have sound and the overlays look damn good imo. I did include a folder of alternative overlays that you may prefer.

cheloruiz79

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
The NEO emulator/cores were not updated from 10.1 to 11 so that isn't where the issue is.

I have just tested KOF 2003, RBFF2, and Metal Slug 3 using Hexaeco NEO VM and all boot and play 100% & see all 3 of these games are using UniBIOS 4.0 by default when booting.

I believe the issue you have can be fixed by ...
1. Load any random NEO game, In game press Home/System Options/Neo Geo UniBIOS = enabled.
2. If you are still having issues, it is likely your BIOS are at fault. You may have to hunt down clean NEO unibios.

Regarding Metal Slug 3 control issues. After boot but before starting game, you must go to "GAME" options and change 1P KEY Configuration.
***Note*** GAME options (NOT Hexaeco Input configuration)

Other games might require in game key configuration also.
I decided to put the separate roms, the ones that use cache work with hexaeco vm and the ones that do not use cache work with libretro vm and all the games work without problem except kof 97 it has never worked for me

RunningSnakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hexaeco VM should play all NEO games or did you just separate by preference? Either way, glad you have it running smooth. Ill have to test KOF 97 and see if i have issues with that game.

BTW, your theme looks pretty great. Nice work!

@cheloruiz79

Update: After testing KOF 97 with Hexaeco NEO VM through WFL using unibios 4.0, i can confirm it is indeed working correctly. I did not test RA NEO VM. It is very possible you have a bad dump of KOF 97.

Last edited by RunningSnakes,

cheloruiz79

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Hexaeco VM should play all NEO games or did you just separate by preference? Either way, glad you have it running smooth. Ill have to test KOF 97 and see if i have issues with that game.

BTW, your theme looks pretty great. Nice work!

@cheloruiz79

Update: After testing KOF 97 with Hexaeco NEO VM through WFL using unibios 4.0, i can confirm it is indeed working correctly. I did not test RA NEO VM. It is very possible you have a bad dump of KOF 97.
thank you sir
in this new sd install everything from scratch and I decided to put it that way because in the configuration that I had before many of the games that do not use cache did not work with the hexaeco vm but I think it was because of the bios file now that I have the new one I'm going try it again thanks for everything again.

RunningSnakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick add. I set up Hexaeco Vectrex and uploaded everything you need besides the roms. You'll need to a rename the roms to match the overlay.png and game.cfg files for the overlays to work in game. I have not been able to get official RA Vectrex to display the overlays (please post if you have this working) but the Hexaeco core does have sound and the overlays look damn good imo. I did include a folder of alternative overlays that you may prefer.
I have been working to straighten this out and believe it is fixed. I am going to include what i believe is working and if you have issues, please post.

I'll be adding/merging my previous attachments to the WFL Plugins downloads link(s) soon. So anything posted in the last 4-5 days will be included in the downloads.

I removed reference packs. After 4 days of being uploaded, there was not 1 download of any pack, a waste of my time/space. If you would like access to Pack 6-10, please request.

It is July and very likely I will not make any adjustments anytime soon. If or when Tetsuo resumes this project before then, i hope everyone using can enjoy what is in place.

RunningSnakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update to V11, new files merged.

Atari 5200 folder fix @ukigh4ie
Snes9xRX updated to 5.1.0

RA-Hexaeco Vectrex added. I made SD 16:9 default but if you want to use 16:9 USB, 4:3 SD, 4:3 USB, the files are included. Just copy/paste in the appropriate folder.

Thank you @matto21 for your assistance.

Here is the Hex-Vectrex add.

Attachments

• Vectrex Hexaeco.zip
    2.5 MB · Views: 37

gZa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@locomia

I could never get Money Puzzle Exchanger working in Hexaeco thru Wiiflow (it worked fine booted directly) ending up putting it in its own folder and linking the vanilla RA core to that folder.

Last edited by gZa,

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
@RunningSnakes

You told me time ago that on RA Wii 1.10.2 PokeMini core can save and load savestates without trouble.

I just went to get PokeMini from RA 1.10.2 for test them but i got the surprise that the "Save State" and "Load State" aren't here either.

In what part of RetroArch Wii's PokeMini core is the option for load/save states??? D:

Can you help me? Thanks :(

1656977746225.png

1656977875347.png

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They're made with left over pancake/wafle batter, that's been sitting out all day.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    3 hours on a riding lawn mower, my butt is numb and my whole body is still vibrating. Gonna be a long summer. :cry: I just need to buy some goats.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Did you leave your buttplug in?
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I feel like I spent the night with Ancientboi
    +3
  • Flame @ Flame:
    Ancientboi at it again.
    +2
  • Flame @ Flame:
    is it a bird is it a plane... no its Ancientboi banging your ass away !
    +3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Took along time to fit it in?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Snow days $25 on steam may grab it
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Measuring sizes with AncientBoi, I see.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I guess Ancientboi would be Peter
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Loooooool :rofl2:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    So true
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 Snow Day is pretty fun. My only bitch would be the camera controls, when you move around, say down, you have to move the right stick left or right to get camera to turn and get your view, other than that I like it so far.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    From what people say pvp isn't even worth it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just been playing offline, and they give you a few bots here n there on your team to help battle. I don't think it's as funny as the other games tho, more battle oriented than humor, which kinda sucks, but I'm still early in it
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, doesnt the game have a campaign mode?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, and co-op, but you can also start a pvp session and battle just with friends. You get special skill cards (powers) the more you play. And higher value cards, but you can only enable so many cards at a time.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If you can find enough for it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Toilet paper is considered the money, you collect and buy stuff with TP, kinda funny. Graphics are def better than the other games tho, I think they used Unity 5 engine.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Look if I zoom in enough I can see the herpes!!!
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In fact I'm gonna go make a drink, roll a fatty n play some, good night to all!
    +2
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: