Hacking The Great Quest for Wiiflow Plugins™ - A call for adventurers!

RunningSnakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@fledge68

I wanted to post this for you and anyone who uses Nintendo FDS (probably all plugins are affected). I've noticed WFL does not like anything with the name Disk as a title or folder. I am not positive when this began but my cache files are dated 05/12/2021 so this is fairly new, since all games with Disk in the title have cache files created as of this date.

I'm going through my FDS setup updating translations and when finished had a total of 203 games in the folder. However WFL only sees 197 so I tried everything I could imagine until I narrowed which games were not being displayed. Those 6 games were the Famimaga Disk Vol. 1-6 and after excluding "Disk" from each title I had 202 games displayed and thought wtf is going on. Then noticed Vol. 6 has an extra disk in the title Janken disk Jou and quick edit, now displaying all games.

A similar issue is present in the ZX Spectrum plugins rom path which was changed recently because of this issue. A few of us here were having problems and noticed "Tapes" cannot be used as a rom folder path.

I don't know if this behavior is a known issue but wanted to make it known just in case it was not.

Reactions: gZa and cheloruiz79

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@fledge68

I wanted to post this for you and anyone who uses Nintendo FDS (probably all plugins are affected). I've noticed WFL does not like anything with the name Disk as a title or folder. I am not positive when this began but my cache files are dated 05/12/2021 so this is fairly new, since all games with Disk in the title have cache files created as of this date.

I'm going through my FDS setup updating translations and when finished had a total of 203 games in the folder. However WFL only sees 197 so I tried everything I could imagine until I narrowed which games were not being displayed. Those 6 games were the Famimaga Disk Vol. 1-6 and after excluding "Disk" from each title I had 202 games displayed and thought wtf is going on. Then noticed Vol. 6 has an extra disk in the title Janken disk Jou and quick edit, now displaying all games.

A similar issue is present in the ZX Spectrum plugins rom path which was changed recently because of this issue. A few of us here were having problems and noticed "Tapes" cannot be used as a rom folder path.

I don't know if this behavior is a known issue but wanted to make it known just in case it was not.
Obviously related to the regex feature added by @ukigh4ie to make wiiflow only show the first disk of multi disk games.

Deleted member 547976

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Yes, I have the same black screen, I hear sounds at the beginning and nothing happens, maybe it would be advisable to post a short easy description of the correct installation of plugs and files where and what should be moved to sd / usb so that everything is properly configured, many users know who have and may have problems.

Reactions: RunningSnakes

Cods

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Paullo39
@gZa
@Cods

Have you tried booting KOF through Homebrew Channel first to see if it boots properly.

The King Of Fighters_Flames Of Courage.rar you downloaded needs to be extracted to apps/KOFF folder...example of path...

apps/KOFF/kof
I figured out my problem, for some reason the file was corrupted or something, i went to website in description of KOF on homebrew channel and downloaded this file from the website and put it in the apps folder.

(account to new cant send links, sorry)
Hope this helps!

Deleted member 547976

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I figured out my problem, for some reason the file was corrupted or something, i went to website in description of KOF on homebrew channel and downloaded this file from the website and put it in the apps folder.

(account to new cant send links, sorry)
Hope this helps!
So now The King Of Fighters Flames Of Courage turns on properly and everything is ok, maybe earlier files were actually corrupted? Cods thanks for your help

Deleted member 547976

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
@Paullo39
@gZa
@Cods

Have you tried booting KOF through Homebrew Channel first to see if it boots properly.

The King Of Fighters_Flames Of Courage.rar you downloaded needs to be extracted to apps/KOFF folder...example of path...

apps/KOFF/kof
So now The King Of Fighters Flames Of Courage is working fine and everything is fine thanks

RunningSnakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I finally have got around to testing WiiXL and Atari800 RetroArch. It has been many (8-10) years since I have booted WiiXL, and have never tested Atari800.

I thought WiiXL required keyboard but I am wrong, it works great with just the Wiimote. After testing Atari800 RA, I cannot believe how well this plays 5200, XL, XEGS, I thought this core was throw in garbage, my ignorance.

So after some testing I've come to to conclusion WiiXL does not support .rom images for XL/800 or XEGS. If it does please correct me and inform me why I get the test screen.

Atari800 RA (IMO) needs to have a plugin for all 3 (5200-XEGS-800), I think it is par with WiiXL and superior in many aspects.

My testing is minimal at this point, so my opinion could change in the next day. If you have experience with these emulators, please share your opinion.

matto21

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I finally have got around to testing WiiXL and Atari800 RetroArch. It has been many (8-10) years since I have booted WiiXL, and have never tested Atari800.

I thought WiiXL required keyboard but I am wrong, it works great with just the Wiimote. After testing Atari800 RA, I cannot believe how well this plays 5200, XL, XEGS, I thought this core was throw in garbage, my ignorance.

So after some testing I've come to to conclusion WiiXL does not support .rom images for XL/800 or XEGS. If it does please correct me and inform me why I get the test screen.

Atari800 RA (IMO) needs to have a plugin for all 3 (5200-XEGS-800), I think it is par with WiiXL and superior in many aspects.

My testing is minimal at this point, so my opinion could change in the next day. If you have experience with these emulators, please share your opinion.
I am using Wiixl plugins to start the atarixegs roms
and I use the classic controller and the covers I see them

RunningSnakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am using Wiixl plugins to start the atarixegs roms
and I use the classic controller and the covers I see them
Is the classic controller required? Please confirm your XEGS files are .rom.

My .rom files play through Atari800 RetroArch but WiiXL will not play these files.

matto21

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Is the classic controller required? Please confirm your XEGS files are .rom.

My .rom files play through Atari800 RetroArch but WiiXL will not play these files.

Attachments

• 2022-04-03_114540.jpg
    2022-04-03_114540.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 30

matto21

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
@matto21

Is the gamelist.xml required? Or maybe my files are not not sufficient, my files look similar to what you have.

Thank you for your help.
both the wiimote and the classic controller work
i deleted the gamelist.xml file i started a rom and it starts
in the folder I also have these files

Attachments

• 2022-04-03_120241.jpg
    2022-04-03_120241.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 28

chrondelta

Wii hacker
Trophies
Website
gofund.me
XP
Country
United States
@fledge68

I think i mentioned this a few pages back. If you want a better regex pattern, i suggest this one specifically, which i came to after some testing, but specifically requiring a spacer between "disk" and "#/letter" instead of leaving the possibility of there being none helped a lot, and didn't mess with any of the romsets i have.

For those of you having problems with this, i recommend using the following regex in \apps\wiiflow\wiiflow_lite.ini:
Code:
((dis[ck]|tape|side|track)[ _-][b-l2-9])|(dis[ck])[2-9]
However, even this allows some things to slip through, like "NBA Courtside 2 featuring Kobe Bryant.z64", but that can be remedied by simply removing the space betwen "side" and 2 in the file name, so it's "NBA Courtside2 featuring Kobe Bryant.z64"

Last edited by chrondelta,

Deleted member 547976

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I don't understand what could be wrong !! because as before I had the Plugin pack V8, when I moved the covers to the boxcover and in wiiflow I chose the plugin, e.g. pcdos, after refreshing, the covers of the games showed up, now on V9 is: Wiiflow - boxcover - DOS I moved the covers and after refreshing nothing shows, nothing is just empty boxes ? Unless you have to move it to: wiiflow - covers - DOS or, for example, PlayStation? because in Playstation the covers are not shown either, although the names are the same as the game
ew someone who has wiiflow and plugins configured and working could post an easy step-by-step instruction on what and how to and where to transfer to sd and usb
Ps. in wiiflow - PCDOS where you choose wii / gamecube and emulators show me some double names of the same games? What's wrong, I have a card with a modification then I copy wiiflow 5.5.3 - Shima's rhapsodii - I transfer files from Plugin Pack V9 to sd and usb :lol:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM