Hacking The Great Quest for Wiiflow Plugins™ - A call for adventurers!

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
which waninkoko channel?
@fledge68 the one which uses Waninkoko's NAND Loader, which WAD has this structure of extracted files:

Waninkoko Base Channel WAD
00000000.app ----> Banner file
00000001.app ----> DOL file to use (app, emulator, forwarder, etc...)
00000002.app ----> NAND Loader

You forgot to read this edit too:
EDIT: The DOL forwarder i've made using ModMii tool by @XFlak, which i think it uses v12 of the SD/USB Forwarder DOL by @FIX94.

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@fledge68 the one which uses Waninkoko's NAND Loader, which WAD has this structure of extracted files:

Waninkoko Base Channel WAD
00000000.app ----> Banner file
00000001.app ----> DOL file to use (app, emulator, forwarder, etc...)
00000002.app ----> NAND Loader

You forgot to read this edit too:
download mastershoe's forwarder pack. it contains comex forwarders and waninkoko forwarders. use a waninkoko forwarder and edit it to your liking.

Reactions: SaulFabre

SaulFabre

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
download mastershoe's forwarder pack. it contains comex forwarders and waninkoko forwarders. use a waninkoko forwarder and edit it to your liking.
i've got it from https://gbatemp.net/threads/pre-compiled-tested-v14-forwarder-dols-for-loaders-apps-emus.339944/, but the only thing i find in each folder of Waninkoko's folder in the rar are:

upload_2021-9-8_9-45-26.png

I know hex editing, which it's no trouble, (because @XFlak told me how to edit them correctly in hex), but i'm asking about using the Waninkoko base channel WAD file.
I saw in @Leathl's CustomizeMii tool that i can change the NAND Loader used in the WAD:

upload_2021-9-8_9-47-22.png

But i'm still not sure about how to use in vWii a channel made with Waninkoko's base channel / NAND Loader... :(

So, I just have to edit the DOL and insert into the base WAD or what i have to do exactly?

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i've got it from https://gbatemp.net/threads/pre-compiled-tested-v14-forwarder-dols-for-loaders-apps-emus.339944/, but the only thing i find in each folder of Waninkoko's folder in the rar are:

View attachment 275215

I know hex editing, which it's no trouble, (because @XFlak told me how to edit them correctly in hex), but i'm asking about using the Waninkoko base channel WAD file.
I saw in @Leathl's CustomizeMii tool that i can change the NAND Loader used in the WAD:

View attachment 275217

But i'm still not sure about how to use in vWii a channel made with Waninkoko's base channel / NAND Loader... :(

So, I just have to edit the DOL and insert into the base WAD or what i have to do exactly?
i'm not sure how you tell if the channel is a comex or waninkoko style. but the app boot dol is the program. on a channel its the actual app and on a forwarder its an app that looks for the main app in a specific folder on SD:apps/ and then usb:apps/
best of luck.

SaulFabre

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
i'm not sure how you tell if the channel is a comex or waninkoko style. but the app boot dol is the program. on a channel its the actual app and on a forwarder its an app that looks for the main app in a specific folder on SD:apps/ and then usb:apps/
best of luck.
@fledge68 @mastershoes
I've edited the boot.dol of a Waninkoko DOL in hex, for point to the path apps/wiimednafen/boot.dol, and injected into base WADs with the two NAND Loaders.

It still has the problem of the forwarder WAD to WiiMednafen with the WAD using the comex Nandloader it crashes on code dump error, but in the other forwarder WAD which uses Waninkoko Nandloader it loads perfect as should.

But i want to make a forwarder for WiiMednafen which works on vWii of Wii U, knowing that the forwarder to WiiMednafen for Wii only works when Waninkoko Nandloader is used, because if comex Nandloader is used it will fail to load because of code dump error.

Any help?
Thanks... :(
------------------------------------------------------------------
U didn't insert any extra spaces into the dol, did you? Make sure you're starting with a dol that has a path that is equal or greater than what you want, then just edit replace, and null out any remaining extra characters if the original path was longer than the new one
@XFlak Tried with another dol which las a large path, put my path and nulled the other unnecessary letters, and now it works. Thanks! :)

Last edited by SaulFabre,
Reactions: XFlak

SaulFabre

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
@SaulFabre

I am not sure of this. Im assuming it Will work in vWii on Wii U by reading the post. I did create 5-6 forwarders using Waninkoko but dont believe i ever tried them on Wii U in vWii mode. Ill try to dig up those forwarders and the base forwarders i used and post a link.
have you found them @RunningSnakes? :P
if not, maybe i will send you a PM for help me test my forwarder WADs built with Waninkoko Nadloader on a Wii U in vWii mode.

Reactions: RunningSnakes

RunningSnakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@SaulFabre

I have not found the channels i mentioned but did find the base wads. I am not sure if they will be useful for you. In the upload, i included Convert2vWii to convert normal Wii Forwarders into compatible vWii Forwarders. It may be useful, extract contents into folder, then put forwarder.wad in same folder. Then it is simple as dragging forwarder.wad onto Convert2vWii.bat and reading warning instructions.

Attachments

• Wii Channel Maker.zip
    5.7 MB · Views: 157
Last edited by RunningSnakes,

SaulFabre

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
@SaulFabre

I have not found the channels i mentioned but did find the base wads. I am not sure if they will be useful for you. In the upload, i included Convert2vWii to convert normal Wii Forwarders into compatible vWii Forwarders. It may be useful, extract contents into folder, then put forwarder.wad in same folder. Then it is simple as dragging forwarder.wad onto Convert2vWii.bat and reading warning instructions.
@RunningSnakes ok thanks for this, going to try it...

Since i don't own a Wii U i will send you a PM with the files i made and use for make my forwarder for point a emulator, read a meta.xml and autoload a game.

PD: What is te difference between every WAD (Base 1, 2, 3, ...)?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Message edited @RunningSnakes

SaulFabre

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador

Tetsuo Shima

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
just asking cause if i change wiiflow it will only add disc 1 to the list. disc 2 and so on will not be accessible via wiiflow. unless you add them to the plugins filetypes= line.
I'm not sure about Ps1 multidisks. I don't use them but maybe with resident evil 2 you had the Leon disk and Claire disk. I don't even know if multidisk games are working on wiisx/rx.

Jate

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hi

I have checked the plugins pack to update the wii and I have seen things that I don't know if they are bugs or not. I also make some suggestions.

Fails? Some emulators are in the plugin pack but do not appear in the platform.ini file.

Delete port and emus

WiiSX_R

All -- > RA-HEXAECO

#Bermuda Syndrome
4253594e=DOS
#QRevPack Quake 1
51315250=DOS
#OpenHCL Hydra Castle Labyrinth
4f48434c=DOS
#Exult
45585537=DOS
#Giana's Return
4749414e=DOS
#Open Supaplex
53555041=DOS
#Wolfenstein 3D
574f4c46=DOS
#Spear of Destiny
534f4644=DOS
#Alien Breed Obliteration
414c4252=DOS
#Abuse
41425553=DOS
#Jazz Jackrabbit
4a415a5a=DOS
#Open Tyrian
5459524e=DOS
#Descent
44455343=DOS

#
#FCEU TX
464e5458=NES
46465458=FDS
#
#SNES9X RX
534e5258=SUPERNES
53565258=SATELLAVIEW
#
#SNES9X TX
534e5458=SUPERNES
53565458=SATELLAVIEW
#
#mGBA Wii
4d474241=GBA
#emGBA
45474241=GBA

I didn't understand this change, I think it was better organized before:

Before:

#various
4726574e=GAMEWATCH
#nxengine
56434D6D=NXENGINE
#TyrQuake
5052425D=DOS
#PRBOOM
5052424D=DOS

Now:

#various
4726574e=GAMEWATCH
5052425D=DOS
56434D6D=NXENGINE
#PRBOOM
5052424D=DOS

FUSE emulator is not in platform.ini but in the plugin it is and it has a new magic number.

And I wanted to comment that I use some magic numbers that I invented, because my brother has the roms separated between PAL and NTSC, and I needed 2 versions of the same emulator:

#RETROARCH - libretro
#genplus gx
53454762=MEGADRIVE_NTSC

snes9x_next HEXAECO / snes9x next (now snes9x 2010)
534F5854=SUPERNES_NTSC

Maybe I should check all the plugins and see if they are included in platform.ini, but I have not had time and I wanted to comment first what I have written before.

RunningSnakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Jate

Unfortunately @Tetsuo Shima has been occupied with serious family circumstances. I have spoke with him recently and agreed to help out with updating his WFL plugin pack at this time. I have already made some updates to the pack and will certainly check and include your findings to the pack on a very soon minor update. I will in no way alter the integrity of the layout, only include new updates, new plugins and fixes. I should have an update within the next week for download, and everone please post ASAP anything you think needs to be included and/or fixed.

Tetsuo Shima

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
As @RunningSnakes has pointed out, I cannot continue working on the pack, besides posting from time to time. It's now written in the OP.
Fails? Some emulators are in the plugin pack but do not appear in the platform.ini file.
they are. platform is DOS
If something is not in platform.ini it's because
a) plugin is not working good or not tested
b) I had no interest in that plugin

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@ukigh4ie @Tetsuo Shima and everyone else.

please test wiiflow v5.5.0 beta 4 - https://www.mediafire.com/file/glldjycnrnztzxu/wfl5.5.0beta4.zip/file
backup your apps/wiiflow folder and then replace only the files in the zip.

test to make sure you can have scummvm.ini in your apps/scummvm folder. in the plugin ini you can set the romdir= to the full path -
i.e. romdir=sd:/apps/scummvm/scummvm.ini

test to see if multi disk games show as only one cover with and without the plugin database titles. you will need to go to those covers and then the HOME MENU to do reload cache. also you will no longer need to hide them using the categories menu.

also v5.5.0 beta 4 is compiled with ppc r39-2 and libogc 2.3.1-1
i have not noticed any problems except the one i fixed earlier today.

EDIT:
with scummvm you do not change rompartition. that will still need to be rompartition=1 for USB. the fix was just to be able to have scummvm.ini in apps/scummvm which is what ukigh4ie wanted.

multi disks games - when i looked at amiga roms for downloading they were all game title (disk1 of 2), game title (disk 2 of 2).
so my fix is to use wiimpathy's code which removes everything inside () or [] and just leaves game title. so game title would be found first and if the second and 3rd times were the same then they would be disk 2 and 3 and wiiflow would skip adding those adf files.

note the first game disk can be titled just the game title without anything in () or []. that might make it easier to match with the covers title.

Last edited by fledge68,

SaulFabre

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
unless I find a way to give him access to the OP
@Tetsuo Shima Hi, yeah i know it's off-topic but I found a way for give permission to another user for edit the first message as OP. First login to your GBAtemp account, and go to the first post of this thread, then in the title, click in "Thread Tools", then in "Manage Access List".

upload_2021-9-14_9-37-55.png

Here in this screen, you can add users who have permission to edit the first post as OP by writing its username and clicking in "Add User" (for example, Zorg1996):

upload_2021-9-14_9-39-28.png

Here you can also delete users for restrict permission to edit the first post as OP:

upload_2021-9-14_9-40-38.png

Greetings

Reactions: Tetsuo Shima

ukigh4ie

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi @fledge68
thanks for the beta.

I can confirm that the multidisk support works as described. Interesting approach to solving the problem. Respect!

EDIT:
File name truncation has a negative effect. I have two versions of Zelda with the following names:

Code:
91fa13e9        The Legend of Zelda (Europe).nes
c6cf8fa2         The Legend of Zelda (U) [T-German].nes
431c39e5       Zelda II - The Adventure of Link (Europe).nes
cad61ada        Zelda II - The Adventure of Link (U) [T-German1.0_GTrans].nes

Only one game of Legend of Zelda is displayed, and two games of Zelda II.

To be clear: the game does not fall into the multi disc category. What do I have to do so that both versions are displayed?

EDIT2:
Some cover images are no longer found. Generally, all files are named according to the form "game (region) (disk n).bin". I would now expect that either no more images are found or that all of them continue to be found. However, I can see absolutely no system why the existing images are not found.

As for Scummvm, unfortunately I have bad news. Without changes in scummvm_plugin.ini nothing is found. With the romdir=sd:/apps/scummvm/scummvm.ini you specified, "No games found in sd:/sd:/apps/scummvm/scummvm.ini" is always output, regardless of the value in rompartition. Note the double "sd:".

Last edited by ukigh4ie,

Tetsuo Shima

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
@Tetsuo Shima Hi, yeah i know it's off-topic but I found a way for give permission to another user for edit the first message as OP. First login to your GBAtemp account, and go to the first post of this thread, then in the title, click in "Thread Tools", then in "Manage Access List".

View attachment 275907

Here in this screen, you can add users who have permission to edit the first post as OP by writing its username and clicking in "Add User" (for example, Zorg1996):

View attachment 275908

Here you can also delete users for restrict permission to edit the first post as OP:

View attachment 275909

Greetings
Wonderful! Thank you so much

Reactions: SaulFabre

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse