Hacking The Great Quest for Wiiflow Plugins™ - A call for adventurers!

gZa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
All worked really well with upgrade to v11. I like the new folder structures for the ROMS etc. I needed to use my old Neo Geo INI files though. Much prefer Hexaeco, so swapped to those dols instead of the vanilla RetroArch ones.

Thanks for the TIC-80 stuff (@chrondelta) have added that as an option to my handhelds.ini file along with Pico8.

Reactions: RunningSnakes

josepijolo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Does anyone know why when I check my collection of NeoGeo games none of the supersidekicks games appear, they are not 1,2,3,4 and I am not referring to the covers, can you check if these 4 games appear in your NeoGeo selection ?

Reactions: SaulFabre

chrondelta

Wii hacker
Trophies
Website
gofund.me
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know why when I check my collection of NeoGeo games none of the supersidekicks games appear, they are not 1,2,3,4 and I am not referring to the covers, can you check if these 4 games appear in your NeoGeo selection ?
open \apps\wiiflow\wiiflow_lite.ini

Scroll down to the line that begins filename_skip_regex=

Overwrite the line with

filename_skip_regex=((dis[ck]|tape|side|track)[ _-]([b-l][^a-z]|0*[2-9]|0*[1-9][0-9]))|(disc2\.iso)|(neogeo.zip)|(FUNBOOT.ROM)

HEY TO THE REST OF THE THREAD: This is slightly modified from my last regex. I added the 0* in front of [1-9][0-9] so that it can catch like... "track 010" and stuff.

josepijolo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain

Overwrite the line with

filename_skip_regex=((dis[ck]|tape|side|track)[ _-]([b-l][^a-z]|0*[2-9]|0*[1-9][0-9]))|(disc2\.iso)|(neogeo.zip)|(FUNBOOT.ROM)

HEY TO THE REST OF THE THREAD: This is slightly modified from my last regex. I added the 0* in front of [1-9][0-9] so that it can catch like... "track 010" and stuff.

I have tried it and everything works perfectly, now the 4 games are recognized, thank you very much friend chrondelta for your quick response.

Reactions: SaulFabre

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Overwrite the line with

added this to the next release as the default for new users or a new wiiflow_lite.ini .

gZa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks for the TIC-80 stuff (@chrondelta) have added that as an option to my handhelds.ini file along with Pico8.

Tested a handful of TIC-80 games this weekend. These are working 100% on the Wii and really worth your time.
  1. Cauliflower Power (really addictive Sokoban clone with a great difficultly curve, so addictive. I lost 3 hours to this)
  2. Shadow Over Twelve Lands (Bard's Tale clone) This suffers from slowdown at times but still playable, I set up a Fast Forward to speed things up, also I lost my saved game file during a crash, so worth backing the .srm file up from time to time. Despite all this I'm still loving it.
  3. Secret Agents (Gauntlet shooter with a bit of Metroid back and forth ) very addictive. Also two player!
  4. Balmung (Zelda clone)
  5. Stele (Celeste clone) finished it pretty quickly but has good replay value.

Reactions: RunningSnakes

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I added this as the default

#define CONFIG_FILENAME_SKIP_DEFAULT "((dis[ck]|tape|side|track)[ _-]([b-l][^a-z]|0*[2-9]|0*[1-9][0-9]))|(disc2\.iso)|(neogeo.zip)|(FUNBOOT.ROM)"

but the compiler thinks '\.' is an escape sequence. what is the purpose of the backslash anyways? do we need it?

@chrondelta

Reactions: cheloruiz79

chrondelta

Wii hacker
Trophies
Website
gofund.me
XP
Country
United States

#define CONFIG_FILENAME_SKIP_DEFAULT "((dis[ck]|tape|side|track)[ _-]([b-l][^a-z]|0*[2-9]|0*[1-9][0-9]))|(disc2\.iso)|(neogeo.zip)|(FUNBOOT.ROM)"

but the compiler thinks '\.' is an escape sequence. what is the purpose of the backslash anyways? do we need it?

@chrondelta
hrm, i believe the purpose is to avoid the . being interpretted as "any character". I may have to test what the right way to do that is because i obviously didn't include the \. in funboot.rom and neogeo.zip. You might be able to get away with doing disc2.iso instead of disc2\.iso, i'll have to test how it interprets that a bit later.

Reactions: fledge68

ukigh4ie

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Could you please give me a list of the filenames you use to check the regex. As far as I understand the C++ regex library, a few round brackets are unnecessary.

chrondelta

Wii hacker
Trophies
Website
gofund.me
XP
Country
United States

@chrondelta

i do know that you should rename the N64 game "NBA Courtside 2 ft. Kobe Bryant" to simply be "NBA Courtside2", without the space, so the fileskip regex passes over it. Anyway, i fixed the problem you were having and in doing so made the fileskip regex behave the way it's supposed to. Here's the updated one:

filename_skip_regex=((dis[ck]|tape|side|track)[ _-]([b-l][^a-z]|0*[2-9]|0*[1-9][0-9]))|(disc2[.]iso)|(neogeo[.]zip)|(FUNBOOT[.]ROM)

For the record, i actually checked my old code, and simply including like "disc2\.iso" or "neogeo.zip" made it to it also skipped over, e.g., both "disc2piso" and "neogeopzip" since it interprets the . as "any character", so i was wrong in both respects. Not that there's gonna be probably like any ROMs on any console that fit that name scheme, but still, i wanted to make it right. Surrounding the period with brackets did the trick.

Last edited by chrondelta,
Reactions: fledge68

chrondelta

Wii hacker
Trophies
Website
gofund.me
XP
Country
United States
Coming in hot with one more fix to the fileskip regex. This just adds a few more BIOS files to pass over and also asserts exact matching conditions for said special conditions more explicitly.

filename_skip_regex=((dis[ck]|tape|side|track)[ _-]([b-l][^a-z]|0*[2-9]|0*[1-9][0-9]))|(^disc2[.]iso$)|(^neogeo[.]zip$)|(^FUNBOOT[.]ROM$)|(^ecs[.]bin$)|(^grom[.]bin$)|(^exec[.]bin$)

@fledge68 if you wanna incorporate it, hopefully there's no problems with it like including the slashes did?

ukigh4ie

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
filename_skip_regex=((dis[ck]|tape|side|track)[ _-]([b-l][^a-z]|0*[2-9]|0*[1-9][0-9]))|(^disc2[.]iso$)|(^neogeo[.]zip$)|(^FUNBOOT[.]ROM$)|(^ecs[.]bin$)|(^grom[.]bin$)|(^exec[.]bin$)

Please don't use upper case in the regex. The matching function does not care.

AFAIK regex this is shorter and should also match: (^(ecs|grom|exec)\.bin$)
There's even more room for optimization.

If one doesn't take advantage of combing expressions, it will take longer to parse all the files.

Last edited by ukigh4ie,

chrondelta

Wii hacker
Trophies
Website
gofund.me
XP
Country
United States
Please don't use upper case in the regex. The matching function does not care.

AFAIK regex this is shorter and should also match: (^(ecs|grom|exec)\.bin$)
There's even more room for optimization.

If one doesn't take advantage of combing expressions, it will take longer to parse all the files.
i know it doesn't care, so it's fine if i use uppercase. The grouping them together is helpful, but \. won't work for fledge's compiler or whatever, so it has to be [.]. I'm fine with shortening it, but since it won't actually have an impact on the regex, will it matter? Unless the regex has a character limit?

Edit: Nevermind, i will correct funboot since it seems it isn't caught by the fileskip regex

Here's the corrected regex:
filename_skip_regex=((dis[ck]|tape|side|track)[ _-]([b-l][^a-z]|0*[2-9]|0*[1-9][0-9]))|(^disc2[.]iso$)|(^neogeo[.]zip$)|(^funboot[.]rom$)|(^(ecs|exec|grom)[.]bin)$)

Last edited by chrondelta,

ukigh4ie

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The grouping them together is helpful, but \. won't work for fledge's compiler or whatever, so it has to be [.].
@chrondelta [.] means any character and not only a dot.

@fledge68 Sounds like a bug when reading values from the wiiflow_lite.ini. May be \ is interpreted as an escape character and has to escaped itself \\.
Could you please investigate.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: