Hacking The Great Quest for Wiiflow Plugins™ - A call for adventurers!

Iamerror80

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
@Tetsuo Shima Thanks a lot for the plugin pack update.

I've noticed the new NEOPOCKET_BW and WONDERSWAN_BW entries in your platform.ini are combined the wrong way under the [COMBINED] domain.

NEOPOCKET=NEOPOCKET_BW
WONDERSWAN=WONDERSWAN_BW

should be :

NEOPOCKET_BW=NEOPOCKET
WONDERSWAN_BW=WONDERSWAN

Anyway nice update !

Reactions: mastershoes

Tetsuo Shima

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
@Tetsuo Shima Thanks a lot for the plugin pack update.

I've noticed the new NEOPOCKET_BW and WONDERSWAN_BW entries in your platform.ini are combined the wrong way under the [COMBINED] domain.

NEOPOCKET=NEOPOCKET_BW
WONDERSWAN=WONDERSWAN_BW

should be :

NEOPOCKET_BW=NEOPOCKET
WONDERSWAN_BW=WONDERSWAN

Anyway nice update !
Ugh! You're right, sorry for that.
Thank you for reporting

Tetsuo Shima

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
hey everyone, I just found out that the Fba_neogeo_vm from my latest RA-Hexaeco upgrade is broken.
When you launch a game the screen is a pixel mess, then after a while it code dumps.
I'll downgrade it to the previous version, which perfectly worked*
Edit:*it's not working if I put it alongside the new dols.
I'll use fba_neogeo.dol which works For the VM version there's always regular Retroarch

edit: Here's how to fix it
Edit 'neogeo_vm_RA-HEXAECO.ini' in wiiflow/plugins/Arcade/FBA_VM

[PLUGIN]
arguments={device}:/{path}/|{name}|{device}:/roms/0_HEXAECO_cfg/fba_neogeo.cfg
bannersound=Arcade/FBA_NeoGeo-libretro.ogg
consolecoverid=
covercolor=000000
coverfolder=neogeo
displayname=NeoGeo (RA-HEXAECO)
dolfile=RA-HEXAECO/fba_neogeo.dol
filetypes=.zip
magic=4e475648
romdir=roms/fba/neogeo
rompartition=-1

Last edited by Tetsuo Shima,

Exidous

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I frankenstein'ed together rev5 and rev6 to use fba-neogeo hexaeco alongside neogeo_vm (lr) because I couldn't get RA-Hexaeco neogeo vm to work at all, and I prefer to use Hexaeco where I can. I deleted the ini for fba neogeo lr (not vm) to solve the same-magic-number between rev5 and rev6 problem. It works but I'm glad you found a more... elegant solution.

Last edited by Exidous,

Tetsuo Shima

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I've packed a fix update for rev6
Changes:
- Ra-Hexaeco Neogeo replaces Neogeo_VM
- Fixed database support for Neopoket_BW and Wonderswan_BW in platform.ini
- Fixed roms folders for Neopoket_BW and Wonderswan_BW, separate from the Color versions.

Link added in the OP
It only contains the updated files

Last edited by Tetsuo Shima,
Reactions: Hakaisha

Wiimpathy

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I've packed a fix update for rev6
Changes:
- Ra-Hexaeco Neogeo replaces Neogeo_VM
- Fixed database support for Neopoket_BW and Wonderswan_BW in platform.ini
- Fixed roms folders for Neopoket_BW and Wonderswan_BW, separate from the Color versions.

Link added in the OP
It only contains the updated files
This is a bit confusing. Why not use one single vm core for every NeoGeo games.
It seems obvious but it can play large games needing a cache but also the other games.

And by the way, the RA-HEXAECO/fba_neogeo.dol doesn't seem to contain the vm code so it won't be able to load large games.

Well, to be fair, there could be one reason to use a non vm core for 1 of the smaller games. Sengoku 3 has a bug, there's no life/score bar.

Reactions: erket

PaulR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Benin
It seems obvious but it can play large games needing a cache but also the other games.
Do you have to do any extra step to run one of the smaller games with vm core?

PaulR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Benin
Nothing special. You just load the game.
I asked because when I tried with the vm core included in Ra-Hexaeco, the game loaded. But only parts of it, like it was missing textures or something. The other core (without vm in the name) loaded just fine that same game.

Tetsuo Shima

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

And by the way, the RA-HEXAECO/fba_neogeo.dol doesn't seem to contain the vm code so it won't be able to load large games.

Well, to be fair, there could be one reason to use a non vm core for 1 of the smaller games. Sengoku 3 has a bug, there's no life/score bar.
The problem is that the latest hexaeco neogeo vm core is completely broken.
Apparently it seems that I can't mix older Hexaeco cores with the new ones, it's crashing, so my only option was to remove the neogeo_VM core from Hexaeco. The non-VM core that replaces it is the only way to play Neo-Geo with the Hexaeco interface, even if it can't play the bigger games. Personally I just use the regular Retroarch VM core as you say, but it seems that 99% of people can't live without Hexaeco.
As soon as SuperSonic releases a new Hexaeco I will update the pack.

Winkado

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sorry to bother you- mind providing a Google Drive link? My firewall won't let me access MediaFire, but I'd love this for WiiFlow. Thanks and sorry for the trouble.

SuperrSonic

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
For RA-Hexaeco:

- Added: fceumm-mod by Tippek, adds support for an advanced romhack called SMB 1/3, you may need to go to input settings first and change the type to gamepad.
- Removed: sonic2.dol, this one got released separately.
- Bugfix: the optional button combo for GC controllers to call the menu was not working if a wiimote is connected.
- Bugfix: make sure vsync is always enabled on the menu (fixes mistake from the previous release, only affected a few cores.)
- Added: mgba_yscale, a test version that makes use of a GX function that allows scaling vertically without losing much quality, combined with the VI options one can produce a 2.375x scale that looks sharper than normal2x without any performance impact. Of course this isn't too useful when we have access to better ports like emgba, but using RA does solve that small stutter when saving in Pokemon games.
To use it select a screen resolution like 530x480 and set a custom ratio with the viewport for 480x320 (or 480x160 if 240p) using 530 as the width allows the setting "Set Screen Width" to scale further, set it to something like 696 to assume the pixel ratio and you're done. If you're on a widescreen TV you'll want to set the width scale differently.

I'm not sure why this hasn't been tried before, typically this function is used to support going from 480 lines to 576 cheaply. I've tried this on an HDTV and CRT so it can't be that it has compatibility issues. It would've been useful for VBAGX back in the day.

nekomain

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey I am wondering what each of the cores are? I have been trying to find out but I am getting nowhere. I am also kinda confused if there is FBA on this plugin list or not since it seems to not be fully clear

Exidous

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey I am wondering what each of the cores are? I have been trying to find out but I am getting nowhere. I am also kinda confused if there is FBA on this plugin list or not since it seems to not be fully clear
I'm not sure if there's a comprehensive list of what all the plugins are in this pack featured in this topic. What you can do is look in the wiiflow/plugins folder in the pack and read the various ini files in the subfolders there, they each refer to a plugin.

If you were asking about RA-Hexaeco, by now it has most every core that the mainline RA Wii build has, including FBA (arcade), which is also in this plugin pack (wiiflow/plugins/Arcade/FBA 2012)

Reactions: Tetsuo Shima

Tetsuo Shima

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
this plugins pack is a comprehensive collection of all the plugins released for the Wii (or at least it tries to be) so yes, of course FBA is included.

Reactions: gburgue

Okko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I may have missed some posts, but it looks like Quake II, Heretic and Hexen games are not included in this plugins pack.

So, to whom may be interested, please find attached an addon to this plugins pack, prepared by myself, including those three games.

@Tetsuo Shima : feel free to add it or not to your next plugins pack release.

Attachments

• Wiiflow Plugins Pack - rev6 addon.zip
    9.1 MB · Views: 167
Last edited by Okko,
Reactions: gZa

Okko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
To whom may be interested, I've found a way how to have a single Eduke32 wiiflow plugin for all Duke Nukem 3D games, instead of having four (one for the main game, and one per addon) as in the Tetsuo Shima's plugins pack.

The trick also allows you to put the games data files wherever you want on the device.

See https://gbatemp.net/threads/eduke32-wiiflow-plugin.500124/#post-9529139 for more details.

Last edited by Okko,
Reactions: Tetsuo Shima

Okko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
For everybody's information, I've tested through Wiiflow, the RA-HEXAECO update uploaded by SuperrSonic on July 11th 2021, and everything works fine, including the "fba_neogeo.dol" and "fba2012_neogeo_vm.dol" applications, which were broken since SuperrSonic's August 2020 update for me.

@SuperrSonic : thanks a lot for your update!

Last edited by Okko,

gZa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Reactions: Okko

Tetsuo Shima

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Can I assume the Heretic and Hexen emulators included are SD only. I've never got those working with USB.

I use the ones supplied here as they work with USB as well...

[RELEASE] Wii-DOOM / Wii-HERETIC / Wii-HEXEN / Wii-STRIFE (ALL-IN-ONE) *PROPER* | GBAtemp.net - The Independent Video Game Community

A quick edit of your *.ini files had them working a treat.

Quake II plays great although it has a drift issue on my Classic Controller Pro works fine on my non Pro model though. Cheers!
The source ports you are talking about are not included because they can't auto launch the games. I've tried in multiple ways but they never auto launch, so if you managed to get them working can you please post your argument line?

Reactions: RunningSnakes

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: @SylverReZ hello.