1. Tetsuo Shima

OP Tetsuo Shima GBAtemp Maniac

Italy
    All my games are single bin + single cue.
    If you have multiple bins you could put them in the hidden category, except for the one that launches the game

RunningSnakes and xLAKITUx like this.
  2. kokokool

kokokool GBAtemp Regular

Chile
    Or....or, download CDImage, open the cue file, and then save the project as a new merged (bin + cue) pair and replace.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

3. Hakaisha

Hakaisha GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Another possible solution. If there are multiple bins for each game, why not just remove bin from the plugin ini's file types and use the singular cue files to load the games instead?

I'm not very familiar with Sega CD's behavior towards accepted file types, but I use a similar method to prevent multiple ISO files from appearing in my PC Engine CD CoverFlow that utilize a list of CUE/ISO/OGG files for each game.

4. xLAKITUx

xLAKITUx GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Y'all are smart. Problem solvers! I like it!

RunningSnakes and kokokool like this.
  5. kokokool

kokokool GBAtemp Regular

Chile
    Teamwork mate
    Thats all

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

xLAKITUx and RunningSnakes like this.
  6. RunningSnakes

RunningSnakes GBAtemp Fan

United States
    This is what i used for multiple bin files for Sega CD. I converted them all to CHD files afterwards, which is not necessary but does save HD space. Had to dig up the post, it was on the main WFL thread.:)

https://gbatemp.net/attachments/cdmage-chdman-zip.212930/

Last edited by RunningSnakes, Sep 16, 2020
  7. Wiimpathy

Wiimpathy GBAtemp Advanced Fan

France
    I've only removed duplicates titles from Satellaview.xml. This database is quite empty so there's likely more info to display with Snes.xml. I've appended the release date in synopsis when possible.

For example, The Firemen would be the same for Snes & Satellaview. The satellaview crcs have been added to Snes.ini. The BSX game is identical anyway.

You can still use a seperate Satellaview plugin for some exclusive games.

(Note there's a always a possible fail when uploading the correct and last edited files.;))

fledge68 likes this.
  8. biggzsizzle

biggzsizzle GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Am I just overlooking this or, do we not have PSP emulation for the Wii yet?

9. xLAKITUx

xLAKITUx GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Someone else may be able to chime in w/ a technical explanation, but to my knowledge - PSP emulation on the Wii in any kind of effective capacity is probably never going to happen .

10. Tetsuo Shima

Italy
    Found another oversight in the pack I didn't notice:
    PrBoom RA-Hexaeco's ini has a wrong dol path... it's pointing to the Retroarch-Wii folder.
    The correct line to use is:
    dolfile=RA-HEXAECO/prboom.dol

I'm also updating some cfg files with better scanlines scale

11. biggzsizzle

biggzsizzle GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I kinda suspected that, just wanted to confirm my thinking on it, lol

12. Jate

Jate Member
    Newcomer

Spain
    I have a question, to see if you can help me.

Would it be possible to use the same emulator but creating two different systems?
    For example, I use the genplugx for megadrive / genesis that has a plugin number assigned, but I want to separate the systems to have the PAL collection (Megadrive) and another NTSC collection (Genesis) and since it is the same emulator (plugin number) no I know if I can do something ...

13. Tetsuo Shima

Italy
    @Jate You can have both, but you'll have to edit the platform.ini file to add an entry for the Genesis:
    - You can either create a new and unique magic number for the Genesis, or use an existing one for the Megadrive (not the one you'll be using for the PAL games, obviously)
    Example:
    - Then in the [COMBINED] section, add the final line in bold, to let them share the games Database
    - Don't forget to rename both the backgrounds exactly as their platform names:
    MEGADRIVE.png
    GENESIS.png

Last edited by Tetsuo Shima, Sep 29, 2020
    OfficialRammy and Jate like this.
  14. Jate

Jate Member
    Newcomer

Spain
    Thanks @Tetsuo Shima
    I have done what you have said and it has been as I wanted.

15. OfficialRammy

OfficialRammy Member
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    Hey all!

Question regarding @Wiimpathy's Database and The Categories within WiiFlow. I don't have ANY categories. How do they work? Do you write them yourself and add every rom manually? Or is there a way to have it link with Wiimpathy's database?

My category is named categories_lite.ini & only has this within the folder:

[4D45404E]
    altered beast=

[57495358]
    alundra=
    r4 - ridge racer type 4 (usa)=

[GENERAL]
    cat1=Category 1
    cat2=Category 2
    cat3=Category 3
    cat4=Category 4
    cat5=Category 5
    hidden_categories=
    numcategories=6
    required_categories=
    selected_categories=

[WII]
    rine08=
    s5betl=

Don't know what has happened here. Also, with the database pack. Was all the missing files everyone added in the thread updated in the final pack? Cause I do have some games carts/screenshots etc missing for quite some games. I downloaded them all, but haven't a clue to go about adding them to the existing pack. Has anyone got a full complete Database & Category.ini?

I've taken some time off this scene for a month. Got a week off so Im going to be cracking on with some stuff. Get this Wii cracked out of its mind LOL

Awesome work with the pack @Tetsuo Shima, It's a master piece :teach:

16. OfficialRammy

OfficialRammy Member
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    Okay.. now I'm really worried. Upon downloading and replacing the plugin pack. WiiFlow loads up but if I click the Home Button or Go on any console, it just stays on the WiiFlow loading screen. PLEASE HELP :'( Any ideas whats causing this? What should I do?

17. Jate

Jate Member
    Newcomer

Spain
    I have problems with the plugin to play videos that are on an external hdd, it recognizes them but if I try to launch a video and it comes out of wiiflow. Also, if I immediately go back to wiiflow, it doesn't recognize what is on the external hdd and I have to turn on the wii.
    I have tried a video on the sd and the plugin does work correctly. The hddd and the sd are in fat32.

By the way, is the plugin properly configured? because the name of the dol file is not the same as the one that comes in the folder (I have corrected it)

If it's worth something, I use wiiflow 5.4.6, I saw in the forum that there is a beta of 5.4.7, is it worth it?

18. Tetsuo Shima

Italy
    @Jate Which plugin exactly is giving you issues? Media Player CE or WiiMC-SS?
    The dol name were wrong in my previous pack revision, but they were corrected in the latest one.
    I admit I never tested the media plugins thoroughly, because I never use the Wii to play videos but just for games.
    @Hakaisha did you ever experienced such an issue?

19. Jate

Jate Member
    Newcomer

Spain
    I've only tried Media Player CE.

Today I downloaded the last pack and the name of the dol does not match with the one in the ini file.

I play video only in crt, I use it to watch some video game shows that they made in the 90s and that I have ripped from my vhs, there are more than 100 programs and I made their own covers for them... :P

20. Tetsuo Shima

Italy
    Ok I've just checked the files in the pack and you're right, the dol name in the .ini is wrong and even the path is not correct.
    I'm sorry for that.
    Here's the correct line to use:
    dolfile=Media/Media-mplayerce-svn-r673.dol

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - adventurers, Plugins™, Wiiflow