Hacking The Great Quest for Wiiflow Plugins™ - A call for adventurers!

AdamCatalyst

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I like not64 since their zip compatibility. Wii64 has not
Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Me too, but unfortunately there are some games that are more playable (sometimes much more playable) with Wii64 RICE. I haven't been able to shake keeping both around. If there was a not64 version with RICE, I would replace my Wii64 with RICE as well. Perhaps there is. I have already learned so much lurking in this thread. I am very curious to see what comes out at the end of this tunnel!

--------------------

FWIW, I have been using a more recent unreleased build of Wii-medafen (wiimednafen-0_3-SNAPSHOT-202008031539) for PCE and PCE-CD games:

https://github.com/raz0red/wii-mednafen/issues/88

So far it's been perfect for these platforms, both as a standalone and as a plugin, and seems like it has more features than the old 0.2 version.

Reactions: Tototi

kokokool

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Me too, but unfortunately there are some games that are more playable (sometimes much more playable) with Wii64 RICE. I haven't been able to shake keeping both around. If there was a not64 version with RICE, I would replace my Wii64 with RICE as well. Perhaps there is. I have already learned so much lurking in this thread. I am very curious to see what comes out at the end of this tunnel!

--------------------

FWIW, I have been using a more recent unreleased build of Wii-medafen (wiimednafen-0_3-SNAPSHOT-202008031539) for PCE and PCE-CD games:

So far it's been perfect for these platforms, both as a standalone and as a plugin, and seems like it has more features than the old 0.2 version.

Completely pcecd/mednafen is gorgeous

OfficialRammy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Honestly, from trying all Emulators for the popular systems on Wii. If it has a core & runs in wiimednafen, use it. I think it's slept on mainly by the community as not many people actually use WiiFlow. They select the wad on the home, launch the emulator with the nice UI and play. Where as if you have a wad for mednafen, the layout is as good as command prompt on windows :rofl2: but with having the custom ini file to just auto boot into wiimednafen from WiiFlow is a dream! The compatibility is far better, the graphics & full screen doesn't even lose any quality as I find with all the typical emulators.

As it stands I use mednafen for

FDS
NES
Game Gear
Genesis
Master System
GB. GBC, GBA
All PCE related
Virtual Boy
Atari Lynx
NeoGeo Pocket & Color
Wonderswan & Color

If anyone has the best Emulators for Retro Computers I'd love to know, I'm scared to even try all these, I know I'm going to rip my hair out :creep:

Last edited by OfficialRammy,
Reactions: kokokool

davejsp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

--------------------

I tried downloading that version to give it a go, but is saying the page doesn't exist, any other location i could get it?

kokokool

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Honestly, from trying all Emulators for the popular systems on Wii. If it has a core & runs in wiimednafen, use it. I think it's slept on mainly by the community as not many people actually use WiiFlow. They select the wad on the home, launch the emulator with the nice UI and play. Where as if you have a wad for mednafen, the layout is as good as command prompt on windows :rofl2: but with having the custom ini file to just auto boot into wiimednafen from WiiFlow is a dream! The compatibility is far better, the graphics & full screen doesn't even lose any quality as I find with all the typical emulators.

As it stands I use mednafen for

FDS
NES
Game Gear
Genesis
Master System
GB. GBC, GBA
All PCE related
Virtual Boy
Atari Lynx
NeoGeo Pocket & Color
Wonderswan & Color

If anyone has the best Emulators for Retro Computers I'd love to know, I'm scared to even try all these, I know I'm going to rip my hair out :creep:

In my case I use:

Nes and FDS : Fceugx
Snes, SatellaView, MSU1 : snes9xgx
Gba, gb and gbc : mgba ( since you can boot the system splash screen)
NEC systems : Mednafen
VB: mednafen
Lynx: mednafen
NGPocket: mednafen

Retrocomputers I only use what Abz set before, no issues at all

Tetsuo Shima

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Thanks @AdamCatalyst for digging that new mednafen update. Nice find :)
Too bad there's no changelog on what's changed, but I'll surely try it and include it in the pack.
I agree, Wiimednafen is a great and often overlooked emulator.

The plugin pack is coming...:ph34r:

Last edited by Tetsuo Shima,

Hakaisha

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried downloading that version to give it a go, but is saying the page doesn't exist, any other location i could get it?

I also had some problems getting this link to work, with the linked page claiming to not exist.

Strangely enough, I got the link to work on my phone. Uploading it here for posterity: http://www.mediafire.com/file/raxyq30f9m4wte0/file

It works quite well. I'm glad to see FX Unit Yuki finally works on this release. It even has Wii-U Pro controller support! I'm sure @niuus will be happy to hear about this.

Thanks for this finding, @AdamCatalyst . Most of us have been using the prehistoric Abz wiimednafen plugin for ages.

Last edited by Hakaisha, , Reason: proper credit

OfficialRammy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Noooo @Tetsuo Shima, @Hakaisha I didn't find this, credit goes to @AdamCatalyst for that. Apparently this Mednafen 0.3 is a patch fix due to people having issues with booting a game in WiiFlow but still having to manually select the ROM? This definitely is NOT an issue, right? as stated above I use Mednafen for everything and they all boot flawlessly. For anyone having this issue you must be using an outdated plugin/ the arguments is wrong.

arguments={device}:/{path}/|{name}|{loader}

This is what all my plugins has for Mednafen & works perfect.

Does anybody have the latest version of snes9gx that actually works & is compatible with WiiFlow? I installed the latest version a few weeks back & it just gave me a black screen. I just want to update this 2012 version I have so I'll take any:rofl2:

Last edited by OfficialRammy,

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks @OfficialRammy for digging that new mednafen update. Nice find :)
Too bad there's no changelog on what's changed, but I'll surely try it and include it in the pack.

The plugin pack is coming...:ph34r:
actually credit goes to @AdamCatalyst for posting the link.

davejsp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I also had some problems getting this link to work, with the linked page claiming to not exist.

Strangely enough, I got the link to work on my phone. Uploading it here for posterity: http://www.mediafire.com/file/raxyq30f9m4wte0/file

It works quite well. I'm glad to see FX Unit Yuki finally works on this release. It even has Wii-U Pro controller support! I'm sure @niuus will be happy to hear about this.

Thanks for this finding, @AdamCatalyst . Most of us have been using the prehistoric Abz wiimednafen plugin for ages.

Many thanks!

Reactions: Hakaisha

Tetsuo Shima

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Apparently this Mednafen 0.3 is a patch fix due to people having issues with booting a game in WiiFlow but still having to manually select the ROM?
Well, it's an update nonetheless, and it works. So it's not a problem at all.
I also use mednafen for various systems, and it's always perfect, but for the PC engine CD I had sound issues with it (garbled sounds and loud noises) and video "freeze/jump", like with most of the emulators out there, including Retroarch. However, I've found a Retroarch version that is free from those issues.
If you read through the first pages of this thread you'll find more info about that.

I'm curious to try the beetle pce fast from wiimednafen 0.3, to see if it fixed the issues.

Last edited by Tetsuo Shima,

Tetsuo Shima

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
It's really great! All the issues I had with video / audio stutterings are gone in pce CD.
And, totally unexpected, in this version the 'game-specific settings' are correctly saved.
Now Atari Lynx and Wonderswan vertical games are automatically rotated!
I'm replacing the previous version with this one.

kokokool

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
It's really great! All the issues I had with video / audio stutterings are gone in pce CD.
And, totally unexpected, in this version the 'game-specific settings' are correctly saved.
Now Atari Lynx and Wonderswan vertical games are automatically rotated!
I'm replacing the previous version with this one.

Wow, automatically. Need to see that!

niuus

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Oh, that is indeed pretty cool, though those changes were already there since November 2019. You can even see in some of the issues i reported some things directly to raz0red, including the proper support for PCE CD which was momentarily broken.

Having Wii U Pro in Wiimednafen was indeed one of my most wanted features since ever.

For those that can't get the nightly build from the mediafire link for whatever reason, it is available as always directly from his github.

I Hope GenplusGX unlocked sega 32x compatibility.
Sega 32X is not 'locked' on any Wii emulator. But it just won't happen, either.

You can check the commits since Nov 7, 2019 so you can see all the new changes and get an overall view of it.

Never seen it like being overlooked. It is actually the best in his class, only surpassed with the consoles that already had incredibly good emulation like the SNES, everything Sega related, Game Boy family, and NES. :grog:

raz0red and Wiimednafen are god-sents for emulation of the PC Engine, Virtual Boy, Neo Geo Pocket, Lynx, Wonderswan, even PCFX! (which i wish was faster, that's about it)

Tetsuo Shima

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Ok guys, I think it's time for this pack to be released.:toot:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/9e26212c6isk4h7/Tetsuo's+Plugins+Pack+for+Wiiflow.rar/file

Everything should work, I only had some problems with a couple of old computer emulators, but maybe I did something wrong with the bios files.
It's been months of working, testings, re-checks, sudden incompatibilities, pulled hairs and, believe it or not, I've almost accidentally eaten my SD card (I'll tell you the story if you want to know).
Please don't be too hard on me in case I forgot something... I think not, but there is simply too much stuff here for me to keep track of everything.
Please report any issues you have here, and I will update the pack if necessary.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll see the 19.0 update that blocks use ability to it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol newegg+
    Screenshot-20240423-053504-Gmail.jpg
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    does update 19 really block it
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.