The Great Ace Attorney - Episode 3+4 English Patch Released

3n4_release_promo_web.png

THIS THREAD IS OBSOLETE, THE COMPLETED PATCH HAS BEEN RELEASED: https://gbatemp.net/threads/update-the-great-ace-attorney-complete-english-patch-released.534767/

The latest patch for The Great Ace Attorney (Episode 1-4) is out for 3DS and Android! You can grab it at the link below.

ENG 2.3.0

Download: https://scarletstudy.gq/download/
Typos and errors can be reported here: https://github.com/ScarletStudy/DGS1-3DS-Release/issues

Notes:

• This includes many fixes for previous Episodes
  • Manual incomplete (but notes for Episode 3+4 added)
  • Home menu banner untranslated (cannot be translated with a game update)
  • New and improved patcher
  • Since the question pops up a lot: there are five Episodes in total and a sequel of the same length we will also translate.
Requirements:
  • 3DS with CFW
  • Full physical or eShop copy of Dai Gyakuten Saiban

Our website
FAQ
Translation Notes
Credits
GBAtemp project thread

Last edited by Uwabami,

Groumpfouh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thank you very much!

... Can't patch the game though. I had dumped my original cartridge last year into an eShop title. Previous patches worked like a charm, I have played through the two first chapters.

This time it doesn't want to patch the (already previously patched?) game. I've got two errors:

- icon.icn
The file being patched does not match its checksum

- V:/autorun.gm9
line 55: apply BPM failed
applybpm V:/DGS1-OtherData.bp...

Should I patch everything from the beginning? And backup my savefile?

silverice1994

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Hi! Is the latest patch includes first and second episode? This is my first time playing with english patch and I don't know how to play it

Uwabami

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thank you very much!

... Can't patch the game though. I had dumped my original cartridge last year into an eShop title. Previous patches worked like a charm, I have played through the two first chapters.

This time it doesn't want to patch the (already previously patched?) game. I've got two errors:

- icon.icn
The file being patched does not match its checksum

- V:/autorun.gm9
line 55: apply BPM failed
applybpm V:/DGS1-OtherData.bp...

Should I patch everything from the beginning? And backup my savefile?
This is an issue we have observed with bad dumps. Either dump it again or patch using your GameCard.
They come out on android too? When?
Read the OP, it's out!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hi! Is the latest patch includes first and second episode? This is my first time playing with english patch and I don't know how to play it
The latest version always contains everything. Previous Episodes were updated as well.

Reactions: lincruste

MarkDarkness

Nocturnal
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
A question if anybody can answer me before I play: does this patch ignore Capcom USA's bastardization of the setting entirely or is there some attempt to bridge it with the "Western" version like the Miles Edgeworth team unfortunately did?

Last edited by MarkDarkness,

Uwabami

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
A question if anybody can answer me before I play: does this patch ignore Capcom USA's bastardization of the setting entirely or is there some attempt to bridge it with the "Western" version like the Miles Edgeworth team unfortunately did?
We didn't "americanize" the game. The only thing that references the Western version was already in the Japanese version which we left unchanged (it's an easter egg).

Nice job, guys! Keep up the good work! You're at the home stretch! Just one more episode to go!
*six more episodes to go :ph34r:

Groumpfouh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
This is an issue we have observed with bad dumps. Either dump it again or patch using your GameCard.

Read the OP, it's out!

The latest version always contains everything. Previous Episodes were updated as well.

I see... Don't know what happened. I'll backup my savefile and start over. What a bother... Thank you very much :)

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wouldn't have mind an "americanize" translation. Simply because I'm use to Japanifornia. Not that I know the full nature of the story, to know how "americanize" it would need to be to makes sense with English version. Anyway...

Like I said, not trying to spoil myself, apparently there's dlc. Will that be translated too?

Reactions: orangpelupa

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night