1. Ryccardo

Ryccardo watching Thames TV from London

Italy
    @Spencer Everly Studios, thanks for writing this yourself - thought the name was familiar and it turns out you're the one who posted on youtube the nintendogs soundtrack! :D

For whoever was afraid of me not having written the article - Yes, I have downloaded them and will post hashes tomorrow

By the way here's Marcan's (of Team Twiizers fame) reaction:

ZipMartin likes this.
  2. aadz93

aadz93 GBAtemp Official Psychonaut

Korea, North
    remember this is a public forum, website,

stuff you post here can be read by anyone, even if they don't have an account

if anything it makes nintendos job easier and cheaper, let us figure out all the flaws and exploit them, and do most of the tedious stuff, post all the info on how it works online (forums/github), so they just can just bulk patch with software updates...

now they can save cost by only having to pay their devs to make patches.......

Last edited by aadz93, Dec 22, 2020
    ZipMartin and ELY_M like this.
  3. Darkworld92

Darkworld92 Member
    Newcomer

Argentina
    lol.. can't believe this is real, the best thing about the leaks is that they simply show Nintendo's true colors.

4. Izual Urashima

Izual Urashima GBAtemp Regular

Belgium
    I'm from Belgium. This attack on a Belgian "hacker" is dubious on many, many, many levels.

The first move will be to simply stop using, buying or condoning any Nintendo products in the present or near future, at least until I'll get more information on this. The second one will be to dig a bit to see if Neimod isn't actually someone close to me (which may be, according to Nintendo's information) and to see if he fares well, for obvious reasons. Then I'll act accordingly.

Dick move, Nintendo. VERY dick move.

Henx likes this.
  5. DarkCoffe64

Italy
    Fuck you shittendo. Just... go fucking die in a hole. You're just the worst.

Subtle Demise and RobXcore like this.
  6. cashboxz01

cashboxz01 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
  7. Deleted User

Deleted User Newbie

A device now known as the "Switch ST" from early on in development was made during production and was going to be backwards-compatible with the Nintendo 3DS.

I wanted that add-on and even thought Nintendo would release since it felt right for the Switch.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Fuck... Fake Switch game cards about to inundate the market.

That's why I stopped buying GBA carts. Too many fakes out there.

8. linuxares

linuxares I'm not a generous god!

Sweden
    They don't work...

9. aadz93

aadz93 GBAtemp Official Psychonaut

Korea, North
    Time for switch flashcards!

Deleted User and cashboxz01 like this.
  10. monkeyman4412

monkeyman4412 Gbatemp's ™ master

United States
  11. RacsoSakuraba

RacsoSakuraba GBAtemp Regular

Venezuela
    Try to see it from this point: They are investigating a possible case of technology theft where a Chinese company could be doing their thing (not wanting to offend users there if they read me <3).

Obviously exaggeration, but it can be a case or something like that, suspicions of creating devices that violate and allow the software to run and make a profit (ahem OS SX ahem), all corporations do things (and much more...) like that and Nintendo is a holding company, so at the end of the day it will not be the exception.

Scary? ABSOLUTELY YES. Abnormal? for nothing in such a case.

I said it more as a curious fact but it all depends on the legislation in which it is.

Last edited by RacsoSakuraba, Dec 23, 2020
    dpad_5678 likes this.
  12. cashboxz01

cashboxz01 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    nothing wrong with buying fake ones imo, as long as the game is no longer in production, and the price is relatively cheap, and you know you're not getting authentic. you can easily store carts in case something happens to the console (which is likely considering the switch build quality isn't that great to begin with)

Subtle Demise likes this.
  13. raxadian

raxadian GBAtemp Addict

Argentina
    The Keys don't work. Evidently even older model Switchs got that changed. Also the old keys would still be on a blocklist from firmware 1.X on anyway.

14. Ecchi95

Ecchi95 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    A 2015 Switch SDK would practically be no different than the final Wii U SDK. Not interested.

This gigaleak is shit. I want source code leaks for GameCube games as a followup to the Nintendo 64 game source code.

Last edited by Ecchi95, Dec 23, 2020
    DarkCoffe64 likes this.
  15. MurraySkull

MurraySkull Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    And I would like more protos, including from Summer CES 1992.

DarkCoffe64 likes this.
  16. Lightyose

Lightyose True Light

United States
    Plot Twist: This Nintendo employee is pretending to be loyal to Nintendo, but they're actually spying on Nintendo for their next move and do what's called: a pro gamer move.

17. ZachyCatGames

ZachyCatGames GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    (It's completely different, they rewrote pretty much everything.)

peteruk likes this.
  18. ChicoPancho

ChicoPancho enjoys tech too much

United States
    I wonder how many folks in the switch scene are being investigating currently.

The switch lite should have been the Switch ST with the ability of playing switch games but at lower res.

[​IMG]

19. wiiuepiccpu

wiiuepiccpu vanCFW tester

United States
    stalking, sounds about right

20. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer
    Reporter

United Kingdom
    Read like a boring and basic PI background report to me.
    Finances, living arrangements, personal relationships, skills, employment, routine, deviations from routine...
    Less ninja and more some local ex policeman got paid £50 an hour to sit in their car with a camera and notepad, and scan through public records and social media.

Whether it was warranted or not is a matter for debate. Active threat as far as Nintendo was concerned... maybe.

Re: Imagine hiring the hackers to work for you.
    As mentioned earlier schools don't necessary crank out the hackers, indeed most education is all about stifling the kind of mindset that really works here.

Though there are longer forms of this

Bit of a puff piece for their activities but does cover a lot.

Re: Nintendo browsing here.
    Nintendo likely have two main interests in following here
    1) Occasionally some of the hackery news gets released and collated here. Some of the hackers doing it also maintain generally active accounts which can also be useful.
    If they care about cheats (there was that pokemon wifi peeking program*) and ROM hacks (debatable) then might have something more.
    2) While hackers are scary when a person I know to have minimal technical abilities (mainly because I get tapped to do their IT) wanders up to me and mentions a little device they got for their kid's DS that they copied a bunch of games onto so they don't have to buy any new games all with zero prompting from me (the only people I have properly spoken to about flash carts in real life were other members of the site when we met up to go to that Switch launch event, and that was maybe three sentences at best while we were waiting to go in) then you know that represents a percentage of their bottom line at some level, or a least something to curb.
    The average person following this thread probably pays little attention to the guide followers other than when they breach containment from the noob paradise threads but Nintendo surely do.

*Nintendo/gamefreak had seemingly not made it past page 2 of the big book of security and broadcast pokemon selections in plaintext while the other player could still select theirs. One little program to basically act as a glorified packet filter later (and hundreds, which itself is dozens of times what anything else ever got, of reports on filetrip from concerned/no fun pokefiends about how the program was "illegal") and yeah.

Ryccardo likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Documents, Gigaleak, Internal