Penguin accelerator
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

The Gigaleak 3, featuring Pokémon Emerald & Wii Startup Disc

Untitled.png

After little more than a month, a new undescribed archive has been uploaded to anonfiles and posted on 4chan, called "emeralds.7z" and having a SHA-1 hash of D27A9CE1455F825C9169D40DCE362C6A9C472F11. It in turn contains multiple archives.

The contents can be broadly divided in three categories:
  • More CVS repositories of internal-use Wii titles, including retail and developer versions of the infamous Wii Startup Disc
  • The source code for all language versions of Pokémon Emerald, including the long-teased "pokeviewer" map previewer for Windows, and the MIDI files from which the game's soundtrack was converted.
  • Wii archives attributed to ATI (yet having an owner group name of "routefree", suggesting the archive originated from BroadOn), including Verilog files, schematics for NDEV systems and plans for the canned "tako" handheld GameCube on which the "vegas" Wii GPU and coprocessor, better known as Starlet, is derived.

[GAME=/game/pok-mon-emerald.1517]Pokémon Emerald[/GAME] [PLATFORM=/platform/wii]Nintendo Wii[/PLATFORM]

Last edited by Ryccardo,

Silent_Gunner

Crazy Cool Cyclops
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hopefully, there's more than just Pokemon stuff.

IDK about anyone else, but I'd love to see the early build of Super Metroid leak out where, when Samus died, it was revealed that she was baring all underneath the suit, and her scream was more orgasmic. I'm not making this up, the devs said as much in an interview somewhere! XD

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
has nintendo responded about gigaleak its been long time
They haven't and most likely won't, because the responsible for the leak is already behind bars for different reasons, and they can't do jackshit about the leaks other than cry about it.
They deserve the leaks tho, for being such assholes to the fanbase.

KokoseiJ

GBAtemp VOCALOID Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
WII STARTUP DISC????????

HOLY FUCJ IS THIS SHIT REAL??????????

--EDIT--

Hmm, I've been searching through /v/ archive and found nothing. not even a single anonfiles link- Did that leak actually happen? Was it not on /v/?

--EDIT--

Nvm, it was somehow on /vp/, WHY DID THEY UPLOAD WII LEAK TO /vp/????

Last edited by KokoseiJ,
Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

Duncan Idaho

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
WII STARTUP DISC????????

HOLY FUCJ IS THIS SHIT REAL??????????

--EDIT--

Hmm, I've been searching through /v/ archive and found nothing. not even a single anonfiles link- Did that leak actually happen? Was it not on /v/?

--EDIT--

Nvm, it was somehow on /vp/, WHY DID THEY UPLOAD WII LEAK TO /vp/????
I hope I'm not necroing, but, I hope this can rez dead wii's or partially dead ones.

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I hope I'm not necroing, but, I hope this can rez dead wii's or partially dead ones.
Nope (unless by "partially dead" you mean having the Insert Startup Disc wii menu stub installed, lol)

The gold standards for Wii recovery (Priiloader if installed and working, restoring full nand backup with bootmii as boot2 or hardmod) have been the same for over a decade;

and even assuming the unlikely-but-possible case of (wii menu only booting to recovery mode, trucha enabled wii menu IOS, modchip or ODE) not only this disc would still be useless for that purpose, but there are better homebrews you can make a bootable DVD of

Duncan Idaho

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Nope (unless by "partially dead" you mean having the Insert Startup Disc wii menu stub installed, lol)

The gold standards for Wii recovery (Priiloader if installed and working, restoring full nand backup with bootmii as boot2 or hardmod) have been the same for over a decade;

and even assuming the unlikely-but-possible case of (wii menu only booting to recovery mode, trucha enabled wii menu IOS, modchip or ODE) not only this disc would still be useless for that purpose, but there are better homebrews you can make a bootable DVD of
And here I was thinking it could install factory IOS's and thus "reset" the machine so to speak to a factory state.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 9:02 am here