The Gentleperson's Guide To Forum Spies

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by Frogman, Jul 23, 2012.

Jul 23, 2012
  1. Frogman
    OP

Member Frogman This could be you!

Australia
    The Gentleperson's Guide To Forum Spies

http://cryptome.org/2012/07/gent-forum-spies.htm

spies cointelpro disinformation

This recently leaked document describes modern COINTELPRO techniques for manipulating Internet forums. Observant readers may have noticed these techniques being used in familiar online forums. Part of modern media literacy includes understanding these techniques. This document contains information about:
    1. COINTELPRO Techniques for dilution, misdirection and control of a internet forum
    2. Twenty-Five Rules of Disinformation
    3. Eight Traits of the Disinformationalist
    4. How to Spot a Spy (Cointelpro Agent)
    5. Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

2. Alex221

Member Alex221 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Good info i say,but where is my god damn Kingdom Hearts Hd Remix??? Im throwing my money at my vita's screen but nothing happens :/

3. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    Yeah someone linked that the other day on another site (I think it was Bruce Schneier's). Most of it seemed to be fairly logical and not prone to working as well on a really large and/or properly structured site but a fairly interesting read none the less. Mixing humint with sigint.... who would have thought.

I suppose an xkcd link is required for this sort of post/thread http://xkcd.com/1019/

EZ-Megaman likes this.
  4. yuyuyup

Member yuyuyup GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Read a little bit, seems like some bologna concocted in order to scare forum operators out of allowing anonymous posting

5. Veho

Global Moderator Veho The man who cried "Ni".

Croatia
    I can't help but notice all the "Rules of Disinformation" (apart from the last five) are just bad debating / transparent trolling tactics. Straw man argument, name calling, ignoring valid points, avoiding direct questions, avoiding key issues, changing the subject, drive-by-posting, etc. etc. It's irritating but pretty obvious troll behaviour.