1. ShadowXP

ShadowXP ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Why do we need ANOTHER GameBoy?

2. reaperman

reaperman GBAtemp Regular

agreed, no more new GBA designs means no more new GBA games in short order...
    If nothing else, that is why we need a micro.
    to maybe keep 3 more months of popularity out of our aging system until we see a good "free games" option for a newer system.

it doesn't hurt that it's also cute and useful...

3. Kyoji

Kyoji ウッーウッーウマ

United States
    $99.99 is WAY too much for something I already own 2 of..regardless of how small it is. The fact it probably wont work with the flashcarts that use the GBA to flash (like the EZFA) because you have to buy an adaptor for the link port is a definent turn off. But..I've still got my SP for that...
    I'll wait till they drop this to 75.00. $100 is totally unjustified, IMO.

4. Wolverine

Wolverine Member
    Newcomer

Overpriced piece of crap.

The SP was near enough perfect as GBA's go. This one's a step backwards in my opinion. And theres such thing as being too damn small. The SP was small enough to use without being uncomfortable. I already have problems with the buttons on the DS being hard to press individually due to having adult hands.

Also this GBA is a damn ugly lil machine...

If they'd released it at a much cheaper budget price in a way to make a decent profit out of aging hardware sorta like Sony did with the Playstations then fine but $100? Hell no

5. shaunj66

shaunj66 GBAtemp Administrator
    Administrator

United Kingdom
    I bought a Game Boy Advance.

I bought a Game Boy Advance SP. Superb design. Front lit screen.

I bought a Game Boy Player. More comfortable play time.

I bought a Nintendo DS. It can play GBA games too!

I'll buy a Game Boy Micro? NO FREAKING WAY IN HELL! Sorry Nintendo, you lose this time! Maybe you could have won me over. Maybe, with additional features. MP3 player etc. But no, once again you're behind on technological advancements.

Another GBA? No thanks.

6. Dirtie

Dirtie :'D
    Former Staff

New Zealand
    I'll be getting this once I can scrape the money together, I just noticed one thing from the article though... NO DAMN GB OR GBC SUPPORT! I wasn't expecting them to do that, no wonder they can fit it such a small package. Anyway, before I buy, I want to see that it is compatible with everything the other GBAs were compatible with (eg. GC-GBA link cable, etc.), and of course flash carts.

7. WeaponXxX

WeaponXxX Too F'in Blonde

United States
  8. Luse

Luse Now with more MOOSE!!!
    Banned

[​IMG] Amen

Pay more but get less...

Gotta hand it to Nintendo for knowing exactly how to take money from their die hard fanbase though... [​IMG]

9. Dirtie

Former Staff

New Zealand
    This is stupid, they're releasing a whole lot of new accessories because this one isn't compatible with the others. Now I may have to think twice, because it will probably end up costing me over $200NZD if I want the accessories as well.

10. Strag0

Strag0 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Hooray for another GBA!!

I need to buy a new SP, so hopefully this will drop the price of the SP.

11. Hugoq

Hugoq Advanced Member

This is starting to look like the pokemon games... More of the same... But if you like it that much buy it [​IMG]

12. el_venga

el_venga Handhelds Lover

i would really like to have one mainly because its the most portable gaming handheld right now. NINTENDO said that it was more expensive to make than the SP, so im happy with the price.

13. skarthebloodchild

skarthebloodchild Keep It Old School

Greece
    No i don't want this...for that much money.
    It's just for the fanboys or the newcomers to the game boy advance...
    Are the texts of the rpg's viewable?

14. Xanthious

Xanthious Scratch & Sniff

United States
    Now let me say that the "big N" really knows how to fleece thier loyal fanbase. They release another handheld unit that has a smaller screen and interfaces that arent compatible with already existing hardware and they give it to us for the bargain price of 20 dollars MORE than the SP unit. I cant say I will be buying this or thinking of buying this or even stealing it for an adrenaline rush. Maybe when Nintendo wants to actually make a move to a next generation handheld unit I will think about looking thier way. Til then I will sit happy playing my F2A Powerstar on my DS and everything else on my PSP.

15. Smirre

Smirre GBAtemp Regular

lol you're funny. COME ON what is wrong with you?? [​IMG]

You do remember that you DO NOT have to buy this, now do you? What's the problem then?

Nintendo could have made it like limited 2000 units. Slap a price tag of $200 and everyone who want it would happily pay for it. What I say about it? I'm fine with it. It's not like you have to buy everything Nintendo make, is it?

I'm not going to buy it but then again I'm definately not going on a crusade to prevent others from buying it... [​IMG]

btw Micro screen is backlit, more sharp and has more brightness on it than SP. It's just smaller but more advanced screen than SP.

There's a market for both SP and Micro. There's a market for PS2 and PSTwo. There's a market for Xbox and Xbox Crystal and upcoming smaller Xbox if there's going to be someday. There's a market for all of these.

Chill out, relax and enjoy playing [​IMG]

16. Dirtie

Former Staff

New Zealand
    Well said.

17. zloty

zloty GBAtemp Fan

So does anyone know if the older flash cards, or any at all for that matter, work with this yet?

I have a Flash2Advance, and I recently pawned my GBA SP so I could get some money towards this baby, but I failed to realise that it might not work with Flash cards...

Looks like I might need to buy it back off the pawnstore if it doesnt, lol!

18. The Teej

The Teej Also known as The Tjalian
    Former Staff

Hmm...

I'll get it once it drops down to a really cheap price. I don't need a new GBA Yet...My SP, GB Player and my DS are all fine right now kthx [​IMG]

19. lum

lum Hunter lvl

well, i think nintendo's target audience wif micro arn't us, but ppl that thinks the gameboy is too childish/ugly to take out to play. wif the original gba, maybe, but i rckn the sp looked pretty good, but then if something's this darn small, ppl won't even know it it's a mp3 player or wat!

anyways, i dun mind nintendo releasing this, i mean, better have an option of buying than no option at all, similar to the loads of crappy ps2 games, [​IMG]

anyways, it helps price drops for old machines and maybe it'll come handy as a keychain someday [​IMG]

20. The_Krypt_Angel

Newcomer

United States
    Had the GBA SP never been made the micro might actually have made sense but it does so the Micro despite being really sleek looking is totally redundant. Interchangeable faceplates do NOT warrant a $99.99 price tag especially on a handheld that entering the twilight of its existence like the GBA.

Had they given it some other capabilities like an MP3 player I may have bought this but they didn't so its just one more shining example of deflate an electronic devices size and inflate its price.

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Micro,