The games not recognize my backup saves in emunand 10.5

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by rattleheadeth, Jan 31, 2016.

1. rattleheadeth
    OP

rattleheadeth Member

Newcomer
    Oct 24, 2015
    Cote d'Ivoire
    Hi I've a 2DS with emunand 10.5 cfw rxtools, before I play a legit cia games like Mario kart 7 and Fire emblem in sys 10.3u (I did downgrade) and I copy that saves in my pc (I did a backup with the utility of the console), and now I installed the games in emunand 10.5 and the games says "save is corrupted, erase to continue" or something like that. I could fix that? (my poor english :c )

2. rattleheadeth
    This message by rattleheadeth has been removed from public view by Veho, Jan 31, 2016.
    Jan 31, 2016
  3. alantgw
    This message by alantgw has been removed from public view by Veho, Jan 31, 2016.
    Jan 31, 2016
  4. rattleheadeth
    This message by rattleheadeth has been removed from public view by Veho, Jan 31, 2016.
    Jan 31, 2016
  5. Aroth
    This message by Aroth has been removed from public view by Veho, Jan 31, 2016.
    Jan 31, 2016
  6. rattleheadeth
    Jan 31, 2016
  7. Veho

Veho The man who cried "Ni".

Former Staff
    Apr 4, 2006
    Croatia
    Zagreb
    Don't bump your own threads, especially not 10 minutes after you've posted them.

And be civil to your fellow Tempers.

Aroth likes this.
  8. Aroth

Aroth GBAtemp Addict

Apr 14, 2015
    United States
    Now, correct me if I am wrong, but it sounds like you simply used the systems built in save backup tool to back up your saves and then tried to use it on emunand to restore them?

If that is the case then your problem is that even the backed up saves are encrypted with a key that both unique to the system AND that gets completely regenerated (i.e. a new, different unique key is created) when you format your system. In theory even if you downgraded, once you set up emunand it SHOULD use the same unique key that your sysnand used (since it is a 1:1 direct copy of your NAND chip, with the entire key registry) so the save SHOULD work once restored.

It sounds like you either formatted your sysnand at some point during the downgrade process and before creating your emunand, or when you went to unlink your nands you formatted emunand instead of sysnand. If it is the former you are probably screwed as neither emunand nor sysnand would be able to properly decrypt the save now. If the later is what happened then you SHOULD be able to restore the save to sysnand and it SHOULD work. In which case you would need to use a save extraction utility like SaveDataFiler (I THINK there is a homebrew equivalent for use with sysnand) to extract the decrypted save and then inject it into your emunand's sd card data.

Veho and rattleheadeth like this.