Lumstar

Princess
Trophies
Website
eonhack.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Troll infestation is wound into the very fabric of the site. I'm pretty sure there's no longer even a written rule against banned users simply creating new accounts.

Users get modded for all manner of questionable reasons. In turn moderators themselves can be removed from staff at any time (according to the application form), and are severely restricted by NDA from speaking out.

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'm pretty sure there's no longer even a written rule against banned users simply creating new accounts.
It never was on the books, iirc (I mainly was there 2004-2009) but yes, Kill on Sight (which was only applied to the most egregious cases) stopped being a thing according to Wikifaqs earlier in this decade :)

I do agree that it mostly went downhill after Ceejus and Zhuge Liang quit and CNet sold out to CBS, but how much of that is due to the new staff and how much due to people who care moving to competitors...

But just gimme direct txt downloads back and cut down on the javashit (it's one of the worse websites to multitab on I know about) and it will immediately get back some redeeming value :)

Last edited by Ryccardo,

Stwert

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Forums live and die by two things as far as I’m concerned. 1: The users of the forum and the camaraderie between them. 2: The moderators, who unfortunately, In many cases, seem to be pre-pubescent cockwombles on a power trip.

Thankfully here at GBAtemp, we have good people in both of those categories. Sure there’s the occasional idiot joining the forums just to be annoying, but you’ll get that anywhere.

By and large GBAtemp is the community it always intended to be, right from it’s inception, which is why I’ve been here for about 15 years (sadly can’t access my original account) and why I spend so much time here.

Lumstar

Princess
Trophies
Website
eonhack.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
It never was on the books, iirc (I mainly was there 2004-2009) but yes, Kill on Sight (which was only applied to the most egregious cases) stopped being a thing according to Wikifaqs earlier in this decade :)

I do agree that it mostly went downhill after Ceejus and Zhuge Liang quit and CNet sold out to CBS, but how much of that is due to the new staff and how much due to people who care moving to competitors...

But just gimme direct txt downloads back and cut down on the javashit (it's one of the worse websites to multitab on I know about) and it will immediately get back some redeeming value :)

You have to consider that, whatever the reason, the state of the site is what the admins want.
Obviously they selected the moderaters, and are aware of their actions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, I'm here.