The Game

Discussion in 'Books, Music, TV & Movies' started by Noctosphere, Sep 19, 2018.

1. Noctosphere
    OP

Noctosphere Adoptive father of my kitty named Zelda

Banned
    GBAtemp Patron
    Noctosphere is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Dec 30, 2013
    Canada
    Back with kitty Zelda forever :D
    Hello
    Maybe some of you have heard about the tv series called Fugueuse (Runaway in english)
    This was a series about a young teenager girl who was approached by a prostitute, then by her pimp, who then slowly dragged her in the dark side of prostitution. There was lot of violence...
    It was depicting the hard life of prostitute and them being abused by their pimp

Apparently, this series has touched heart of peoples worldwidely
    It was mentionned at a couple of events

Well, there's that new series that just begun in Quebec, it's called Le Jeu (The Game in english)
    I only saw the first episode so far, but I'm already thinking it will be a hit just like Runaway.
    In short, the story is about a young woman who is a video game developper who suffers from cyber-intimidation.
    Just the first episode was heavy. For exemple, the girl death date was setted on wikipedia at the same date as a video game event she was participating occured
    So yea, if you wish to have another experience like Runaway
    I suggest you to try finding a subbed version of The Game ;)

Last edited by Noctosphere, Sep 19, 2018
  2. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    United Kingdom
    Sounds like the kind of "ripped from the headlines" trainwreck one does not get so very often any more. Where is my popcorn at?
    Edit. Found a trailer (easier said than done with such a generic name).

IMDB
    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8714782/

Not quite everything I hoped for as it seems a little too well put together to be a complete scenery chewing affair (I think someone chewed the tripod legs instead... so much handheld). Maybe it is just the trailer selecting the best bits. Thank you programme controller at TVA that thought this was a good plan and Amalga Créations Télé that also thought it something worth considering.
    EOF so song

3. Noctosphere
    OP

Noctosphere Adoptive father of my kitty named Zelda

Banned
    GBAtemp Patron
    Noctosphere is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Dec 30, 2013
    Canada
    Back with kitty Zelda forever :D
    EOF? it's not eof?

4. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    United Kingdom
    Had the wrong thread up when I was typing that. Still keeping the song though.

That said it does look like the kind of joke we see in spoof shows for the EOF. I watched the behind the scenes thing from their facebook page and it only just clicked how bad the costume design is. Almost https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/how-do-you-do-fellow-kids level.