Hacking The Game Disc could not be read with backup launcher gamma

multiphrenic

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm on 3.2U, installed homebrew, installed the cIOS for Backup Launcher, then installed Backup Launcher Gamma. I've burnt a few games and initially I would get the error Disc Read Error from within Backup Launcher. I chucked my old DVDs and switched to Verbatim DVD-Rs, burning at 8x speed, and now I get past the Backup Launcher screen (it detects a game id, etc.) and now I'm stuck on "The Game Disc could not be read. Refer to the Wii Operations Manual for details."

Any ideas? I've searched the forums, but haven't had any luck. Before I go and burn through my stack of DVD-Rs, I was hoping someone else might have some ideas.

The games I've tried burning have been both PAL and NTSC. Right now I just tried Mario Kart NTSC and I'm still stuck.

digitydogs

404 Error: Member Not Found
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Most likely it is one of the following.
1. Cios install didn't work properly, reinstall the cios
2. Dvd burn speed resulting in low quality burns, increase burn speed to max or auto, and test disc quality with dvdinfopro using a pi po scan. quality needs to be at least 85% to rule out bad burns as a possibility.
3. This one is very unlikely, but your burner may be changing the booktype to +R by default

AndersDK

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have the same problem
frown.gif
Not solved completly, but I am patching the disc before burning (The same as by the old version 0.1).. I believe its a problem with the IOS... But can't get it solved.. But by patching the iso's I can play the games, mieght be the same problem you have.?

nutta_nic

Trophies
XP
Country
AndersDK said:
I have the same problem
frown.gif
Not solved completly, but I am patching the disc before burning (The same as by the old version 0.1).. I believe its a problem with the IOS... But can't get it solved.. But by patching the iso's I can play the games, mieght be the same problem you have.?

are you issues happening at the same time as multiphrenic's or mid-game?

multiphrenic

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've tried Mario Kart and Wii Music. I'm using IMG Burn at 8x (max speed). IMG Burn confirms they are DVD-Rs. I've reinstalled the cIOS twice now. Checked IMG Burn's booktype settings, it's DVD-R.

With Mario Kart, I do get to the warning screen that tells you to check your surroundings. With Wii Music it only freezes at a black screen.

DVD Info says my burner doesn't support pipo. I did run an error test which came out clean.

I reinstalled cIOS rev 7.

Thanks alot for the quick replies!

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
multiphrenic said:
I've tried Mario Kart and Wii Music. I'm using IMG Burn at 8x (max speed). IMG Burn confirms they are DVD-Rs. I've reinstalled the cIOS twice now. Checked IMG Burn's booktype settings, it's DVD-R.

With Mario Kart, I do get to the warning screen that tells you to check your surroundings. With Wii Music it only freezes at a black screen.

DVD Info says my burner doesn't support pipo. I did run an error test which came out clean.

I reinstalled cIOS rev 7.

Thanks alot for the quick replies!

How old is your burner? I personally wouldn't trust a burner that can't verify the quality of its burns. Is 8x the max of your media or your burner? If its the burner, then i'm 75% sure your problem is the burner.

AndersDK

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
nutta_nic said:
AndersDK said:
I have the same problem
frown.gif

are you issues happening at the same time as multiphrenic's or mid-game?

Same time, just after the warning text.. never getting into playing the game.
But as written, I can get all games to play but only when im patching them.?

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
AndersDK said:
Same time, just after the warning text.. never getting into playing the game.
But as written, I can get all games to play but only when im patching them.?

Yours sounds like you have the old cIOS installed - deleting ios249 with any title deleter and re-installing cios36 rev 7 should resolve your issue - though patched games may not work anymre for you.

AndersDK

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
djtaz said:
cios36 rev 7 should resolve your issue - though patched games may not work anymre for you.

With cIOS36 Rev 7? Dosn't matter not being able to play the patched games, just would be nie to have the Wii up to date would be nice..
smile.gif

AndersDK

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Now I have tried to delete the IOS249, and then installed the cIOS39... And still the same problem, only able to play the patched games..

scarface12828

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zomg im on this very same problem. SAME THING!!! im on 3.2U(after downgrading) and the same problems with me. Im am gonna try to reinstall rev7 and patch things up,cmon guys LET DO THIS!!!!

im using the same things as well dvd-r verbatin disks.

If anyone figures anything,post up,i will as well if i get it to work.

scarface12828

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok i reinstalled it twice,no deal. Now im having some questions about patching. Are you guys atalkin about using the Cios installer to patch things up(the sonic thing) or ??? I dont recall using a patching thing,or maybe i forgot that i used it before. Ok next thing is what is the 002fix??? I dont recall using that either.

As soon as someone answers those common questions,i'll try it again,thanks!

MrSlut

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're using a cIOS installer that has a sonic image on it, you're using the older one. Find wiigator's newer one, with a little gator on it.

and just because it's on topic, I have rev7, and 002 fix loader. My games still run better when I patch to IOS249 (waninkoko's). Don't know why. Don't really care. it works, why worry about it?

Oh, and it sounds like your burner is a little older. try experimenting with lower burn speeds, as a buddy of mine has the same issue with his burner. He burns between 2 and 4x, and gets no DRE's that way.

scarface12828

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you MrSlut,i'll look for that version right now. On another note,can you tell me a way to uninstall apps? Do i place them in the WAD folder and uninstall as like that?

scarface12828

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone have any updates for this?

Im still kinda screwed here...i cant figure it out...I get as far as the loader reading the game id then it just blacks out...i dont know what to do...

Hells Guardian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
first off drop the burn speed slightly. Try using 3x or 4x max. If that fails then you will likely wnat to try a different brand of dvd. I've had no problems with Maxell DVD+R's with IMGBurn forced book type of DVD-R at 3x speed. I've copied many games that work great on this media.

I know it says not to use DVD+R's However every time I use a DVD-R I have issues.......

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: