Hacking The Game Disc could not be read with backup launcher gamma

multiphrenic

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Turns out the problem was my Wii, not the burning. Now I have a a ton of mario kart dvds laying around
wink.gif

I was getting game disc errors using legit game discs too, so I talked to the guy who got me this wii and he sent out a replacement.

Working great now!

denpanosekai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
digitydogs said:
3. This one is very unlikely, but your burner may be changing the booktype to +R by default

Personally I think that's my problem. Is there any way to easily detect if the disc was burned in DVD-ROM once it's done?

Also semi-related question. Can the loader boot "scrubbed" disc??

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
MrSlut said:
If you're using a cIOS installer that has a sonic image on it, you're using the older one. Find wiigator's newer one, with a little gator on it.
WHAT WHAT WHAT ??? The one with the sonic installer changes a lot - there are several different versions out there so this is TOTALLY incorrect - If you have old files then you have an old DOL - the files in my zip have always had the sonic logo on them and i keep the DOL's in there completely up to date.
MrSlut said:
and just because it's on topic, I have rev7, and 002 fix loader. My games still run better when I patch to IOS249 (waninkoko's). Don't know why. Don't really care. it works, why worry about it?
IOS249 isnt specific to waninkokos - wiigator also uses IOS249 so im not sure what your getting at with this - rev7 is cIOS36 and the latest cIOS.
QUOTE(MrSlut @ Jan 23 2009, 08:15 AM)
Oh, and it sounds like your burner is a little older. try experimenting with lower burn speeds, as a buddy of mine has the same issue with his burner. He burns between 2 and 4x, and gets no DRE's that way.
Ok this part is good and correct.

@denpanosekai - yes it can load scrubbed discs

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1