Hacking ''The Game card was removed'' N3ds Gateway 3.11- bad SD ?

chikoo_69

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Need help here...I can see my games in Gateway menu, it's when i start it i get this error. I had some fragmentation error so i decided to format my 32gb sd card and copy all over again...This fixed things before on my old 3ds...Well things got worst the more i try to copy games the least it worked and now i can't even copy 1 game without getting this error.

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Need help here...I can see my games in Gateway menu, it's when i start it i get this error. I had some fragmentation error so i decided to format my 32gb sd card and copy all over again...This fixed things before on my old 3ds...Well things got worst the more i try to copy games the least it worked and now i can't even copy 1 game without getting this error.
Reformat and then gather everything you want to copy over in one folder. Copy it all over in one action.

chikoo_69

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Already tried that reformating. Now it's giving me the error even with one file. and i just did a diagnostic test on the gateway menu and i get FPGS TEST : OK SPI TEST : FAIL SPI READ TEST : FAIL SD TEST : EXFAT Just tried another SD card and same problem is my gateway dead?? :(

nccom

Trophies
XP
Country
Estonia
Its not dead but it has broken SPI chip. This chip is used for temporary save storage when running games so any CARD1 games (99% of 3ds games) will crash when you try to run them.
Your options are:
1) Resolder the spi chip if you have the knowledge and tools for that.
2) Patch games to card2.
3) Or just install everything as .cia, thats the easiest way.

chikoo_69

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks ! I tried that seemed to work, but i got stuck on the 3ds boot logo. The rom has been patched to card2. Any more idea? Ill try with Cia this should work fine

Edit : im using the snailface converter

Edit 2 : Stuck on 3ds logo even when tring to boot bigbluemenu...

chikoo_69

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Its not dead but it has broken SPI chip. This chip is used for temporary save storage when running games so any CARD1 games (99% of 3ds games) will crash when you try to run them.
Your options are:
1) Resolder the spi chip if you have the knowledge and tools for that.
2) Patch games to card2.
3) Or just install everything as .cia, thats the easiest way.

- Resolder Chip is my last resort, and btw i don't think im skilled enough to solder that kind of chip
- Patch games to card 2 has been done but gets stuck on 3ds boot logo
- I can't install cia because big blue menu also gets stuck on 3ds boot logo

Im in gateway mode because my gateway rom menu comes up and i can select stuff but it wont boot...

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That sucks. How much time did you get with the GW before it crapped out?

Some of the resellers have a six month warranty.

neo_hito

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
exsphere.net
XP
Country
ahh that does suck. The one time I ever had similar error was when someone 'poked' the gateway while it was still in the 3ds.
Not sure what happened but basically the pins doesn't fully touch after that, had to pad the gateway with some sticky tape til its a bit tight when inserted.
Though you did say the rom menu pops up so I don't think its the same problem

chikoo_69

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
make sure the games are untrimmed when you convert to card2, pretty sure BBM should work converted, also you can try this

I Need to convert BBM to CARD2? I Try that right away! you give me hope thanks :)

Edit : Converting BBM to card 2 Worked ! BBM is now booting fine ill be good until this point ;) thanks for your help it's REALLY apreciated

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    rvtr @ rvtr: Spam bots again.