The Game Awards announces its nominations for GOTY 2020

EnJQNbUVEAMX3jr.jpg

Another year means another hotly-debated Game Awards show, featuring the best games that have released throughout 2020. The annual show has announced which games have been nominated for various categories, such as best game direction, performance, audio design, and of course, game of the year. Major titles such as DOOM Eternal, Ghost of Tsushima, Final Fantasy VII Remake, Hades, The Last of Us Part II, and Animal Crossing: New Horizons are all up for vote for 2020's best game. The results will be aired live on December 10th.

:arrow: Source

Alato

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Agreed that it should be Animal Crossing, in that I feel like 2020 will be (at least partly) remembered as the year everyone that had to stay home and played Animal Crossing.

Edit: Wow, looking at the nominations for the other major categories you'd think that only 6 games came out this year.

Last edited by Alato,

GbaNober

Trophies
XP
Country
Agreed that it should be Animal Crossing, in that I feel like 2020 will be (at least partly) remembered as the year everyone that had to stay home and played Animal Crossing.

honestly Animal crossing was the Best game for Lockdown events

Reactions: tpax

PatrickD85

Trophies
Website
www.nintendoreporters.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Im missing the one I would nominate; Ori and the Will of the Wisps.
That game was epic in all ways; music, visually, story, gameplay.
I like ACNH but such a game will never be GOTY for me.
Doom Eternal, well not for Switch users ... we are STILL waiting.
Hades is cool, but not GOTY.
If I had to pick between the remaining .. .Ghosts would probably get it if it was up to me.

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol