The Game Awards announces its nominations for GOTY 2020

EnJQNbUVEAMX3jr.jpg

Another year means another hotly-debated Game Awards show, featuring the best games that have released throughout 2020. The annual show has announced which games have been nominated for various categories, such as best game direction, performance, audio design, and of course, game of the year. Major titles such as DOOM Eternal, Ghost of Tsushima, Final Fantasy VII Remake, Hades, The Last of Us Part II, and Animal Crossing: New Horizons are all up for vote for 2020's best game. The results will be aired live on December 10th.

:arrow: Source

VartioArtel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TLOU2 shouldn't even be up there. Whether you acknowledge it or not, there was a lot of controversy over the game. Whether the hypocrisy that sex was shown full blown in a Sony game but banned in others, or that it was littered with agendas (whether you acknowledge that or not), that the game was a lie to the symbol of what TLOU1 (whether you again, believe that or not), the controversies before hand (DMCA striking people who just SPOKE about it).

The controversies surrounding it are a laundry list. I sincerely doubt it would win considering how people were tired of all that drama. That should drain a massive amount of votes and Ghost was right there alongside it, and got just as good if not better reviews.

I fully expect if TLOU2 wins, it won't actually be legitimate.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Pfft, no Bugsnax? 0/10 list.

Out of all of those I only really liked Ghosts of Tsushima, but not enough to call it GOTY, gets way too repetitive way too quickly like most big open world games.

Not sure what I'd call GOTY TBH, maybe THPS1+2 or Half Life Alyx I suppose, everything else this year so far has been pretty meh.

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

darksweet

5.. 4.. 3.. 2.. 1.. OMEGA FLARE
Trophies
XP
Country
I think FF7R and/or Ghost Of Tsushima should be the winner. but i bet TLOU2 will get this for some mysterious reason.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: We get 37 versions of Super Mario Bros but 0 of Beast Busters