Scott_pilgrim Nyan-binary

United States
    Tbh you guys made the show actually fun to watch

Chary and Hells Malice like this.
  2. RyRyIV

RyRyIV GDDM
    Reviewer

United States
    This. TLOU2 is the video game equivalent of the Oscar bait movies. Designed to appeal to the awards folks.

graeme122, Zurdonx, GABO1423 and 5 others like this.
  3. supergamer368

supergamer368 Mostly lurker, full idiot

United States
    I am absolutely down for Sephiroth being the DLC, but jesus christ last of us 2 did not deserve to win EVERY SINGLE AWARD it was nominated for. i wish each game could only be nominated for one award so we could get more representation of all of the games that came out.

Wavy, Zurdonx, Xzi and 4 others like this.
  4. Orangy57

Orangy57 bruh

United States
    I called that TLoU2 would win GoTY in the last thread and I'm still super disappointed. I'm convinced that the Game Awards is rigged by the journalists or something, it does not deserve half of those awards, and the game isn't acclaimed at all by regular people. It's a shame to see that Doom Eternal lost on the game's 25th anniversary too.

Last edited by Orangy57, Dec 11, 2020
    Leen and Jackson Ferrell like this.
  5. Leen

Leen Member
    Newcomer

United States
    the problem is this is going to show in the long run how meaningless the awards are if the critics are the only one really deciding game of the year (or any of them for that matter) and I thing that going to hurt reviewers in the long run

Scott_pilgrim and Orangy57 like this.
  6. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

United States
    TLOU2 won. Bravo. *clap* *clap* *clap* wow, no one saw that coming.

Sorry, but the genre nor setting interests me, and never will. I don't give a fuck about Naughty Dog or its games.

Payne, Scott_pilgrim and Leen like this.
  7. Agusto101

Agusto101 GBAtemp Fan

Guatemala
    a lot of meaningless announcements but at least is the best game awards event of all there have been, so nice i guess.

Scott_pilgrim likes this.
  8. wiiuepiccpu

wiiuepiccpu vanCFW tester

United States
    Mate can i join?

9. wartutor

wartutor GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    How the fuck did Animal Crossing: New Horizons get best family game. Gone are the days where families actually sit in the same room with a controller and played a fucking game together. And pretty sad best rpg is final fantasy 7 a fuckin remake of a 20 year old game and not even half of a fucking game just a hand holding steaming pile of shit.

10. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

United States
    Think you need to lay off the bath salts for a while, calm down.

11. Blaze163

Blaze163 The White Phoenix's purifying flame.

To be honest, not a bad presentation. Sephiroth for Smash is awesome even though I'm too poor for a Switch right now so it's just teasing me. Though on that note, a bit of life advice; find someone as excited to be with you as Maximillion Dood is that Sephy's in Smash. His face, man. Priceless.

Aside from that it was decent enough. Elite Dangerous getting more, new Perfect Dark, that appears to be Liara in the Mass Effect teaser. More Dragon Age is always welcome as long as EA keeps their stanky corporate dongs out of those two franchises of course. Disco Elysium finally coming to PS4. Some good looking indies and whatnot. Not a bad show. I've certainly seen worse.

As for the awards, personally I think that while TLOU2 was decent enough, it's made me cynical as I don't believe it won based on the merits of the game so much as how it toes the right political lines with its gender activist stuff. I'd have given it to Ghost Of Tsushima, FF7R at a push. To be honest I'm tired of all the politics in video games these days. I just wanna have fun, experience a rich world and decent story, shoot some guys in the face. I don't need to be reminded of the real world I'm trying to avoid. In that respect TLOU2 is an awful video game as it defeats the entire purpose of playing a video game to begin with.

12. banjo2

banjo2 gamer

United States
    guys i called it a game won @mods give xp

13. Scott_pilgrim

Scott_pilgrim Nyan-binary

United States
    Ay no, I called among us and tlou2, I deserve the xp

banjo2, Orangy57 and osaka35 like this.
  14. DerpDingus

DerpDingus Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    It wasn't anything other than what most expected which was mostly a SJW circle jerk and ADs. I think those who are a gaming fan will see past all this nonsense and not give it much merit.

15. Deathbot64

Deathbot64 GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    Did the switch versions of overcooked get the swedish chief update?

16. Xzi

Xzi GBAtemp's Resident Plok Expert

United States
    It always is. Glad I just watched the trailers and reveals on a delay instead of wasting my time with the whole show.

banjo2 and Scott_pilgrim like this.
  17. Pipistrele

Pipistrele GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Russia
    So, in conclusion:
    • Half the nominations (including GOTY) are swiped by mildly decent game that happened to have the largest marketing campaign of all competition, to nobody's surprise;
    • Best Action Game is played between several acclaimed skill-based arcades, is given to a dialogue focused roguelite instead;
    • Best Family Game is awarded to a release that's still notoriously restricts multiple family members from playing the game properly
    • Best Mobile Game 2020 is a title that's neither mobile-focused nor 2020.
    The overall experience is kinda shrug-inducing. Yakuza remasters are cool though, so I can live with that.

banjo2, Payne, wartutor and 1 other person like this.
  18. BLsquared

BLsquared Game Programmer

United States
    Welp. Was hoping for Terra if we got another Squeenix character. Guess I'll have to wait and see for another Mega Man character.

19. ov3rkill

ov3rkill GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Australia
    My centiments are exactly the same with most gamers who watched the livestream, that TLoU 2 didn't deserve the GOTY award. Even though I haven't played it, there are just better games suited for the GOTY especially from the perpective of gamers. It all makes sense though if most of the judges and votes came from journalists and not the gamers themselves. The game itself was an exclusive to playstation and yet all other games are multi-platform, unlike God of War in 2018 where it was also exclusive yet everyone can all agree. Because everyone should judge a game from all aspects like gameplay, story, sound and music, content, character development, etc. I don't even think TLOU 2 should win or get nominated in all the categories, but oh well what's done is done. I'm guessing they just want to appeal and market to certain individuals and companies and not the gamers.

I'm guessing it's just a controversial game or something, does it make it relevant in our society? I think gamers even are intelligent enough to know the difference of a shallow game or not. Anyway, I just watched it for the announcement of upcoming games, was disappointed though as they weren't that interesting.

Here I was thinking 2020 couldn't get any worse, then here we are in the gaming community with these issues and drama.

Last edited by ov3rkill, Dec 11, 2020
    Tiger21820, Payne and Scott_pilgrim like this.
  20. Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Australia
    well well well looks like humanity has a brain after all for not picking doom!

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Sephiroth, coverage, Perfect