The future of the PSN?

Discussion in 'PS3 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by MarcusRaven, Jan 7, 2011.

Jan 7, 2011

The future of the PSN? by MarcusRaven at 1:07 PM (789 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. MarcusRaven
    OP

Member MarcusRaven HBC Theme Maker

United States
    So, with the custom firmware allowing us to install PKG files, does this mean that we'll eventually have PKG rips of PSN titles (In a similar vein as Wiiware releases)? If this does happen, let me know when Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light gets ripped, as well as the Raziel and Kain expansion. [​IMG] I'd also like to see the Nier expansion get ripped, as well as the Splatterhouse content. [​IMG]

I'm not making requests, let me make that clear. I'm simply listing things I would eventually like to see ripped.

What do you guy want ripped?

2. deathking

Member deathking GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    even before this news a few titles were ripped and converted to run with jtags like tekken online so this will happen sooner rather then later

3. mercluke

Member mercluke ‮҉

Australia
    -jtags
    -ps3

What?

4. GNkyrios

Newcomer GNkyrios Member

Chile
    i just want to get DLC for some games, either by ripping them or buying them =/

5. xraven13

Member xraven13 GBAtemp Regular

Croatia
    I would buy DLCs if Sony would let me do it with Jailbreaked PS3 . Or one that is running custom firmware [​IMG]
    Till now I was buying games, it was actually really great because you don't need to bother with downloading etc and everything works perfectly...
    But then I need to sell those originals.. I also can't play all games I want [​IMG] .. So I am turning into piracy again >.>

6. Old Reprobate

Newcomer Old Reprobate Member

United States
    The future of the PSN? no doubt I was just thinking that same thing. What will Sony do to people if finds injecting cheat code into online games? will it ban them?

When you buy a PS3 they allow you to connect to PSN for free, so one could argue that having access to PSN was included with the PS3 when they bought it.

And possibly this extra "free" feature likely influenced the buyer to get a PS3 over a 360

Unlike Microsoft, you buy the online access separately so there is no financial connection between playing online and when you bought the console, thus the reasoning behind banning the console and not the account when a person is caught with a modded console.

I'm sure the PSN will be updating their EULA shortly. How say you?

[​IMG]