Gaming The Future for Sonic the Hedgehog + Why ModernSonic ended up sucking?

PacBunnyXV07

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What do you think Sega needs to do to keep Sonic alive and make him better and what do they need to do to prevent another "Dark Age of Sonic"?

SpazzyShinobi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I genuinely enjoyed Sonic Adventure 1 and 2 and Sonic Mania was really good. My hopes is that they let Christian Whitehead make his own 2D Sonic game without the constant references to old content. He's proven he can make good original Sonic content, so Sega should let him go nuts on a sequel to Sonic Mania.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you need to ask? Have you not seen the garbage SEGA has released?

Despite the pile of shit SONIC games that was released, we at least got a brilliant game — SONIC Mania. :)

BlueFox gui

SOMEONE
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
i think they don't know how to make games anymore, sometimes i played modern sonic games without expectations and the only i really enjoyed was generations, not only because of classic sonic, the boost shit is kinda fun, but then you go to sonic forces, and they literally regressed the thing, it became a mobile game

Glyptofane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I genuinely enjoyed Sonic Adventure 1 and 2 and Sonic Mania was really good. My hopes is that they let Christian Whitehead make his own 2D Sonic game without the constant references to old content. He's proven he can make good original Sonic content, so Sega should let him go nuts on a sequel to Sonic Mania.
I thought Sonic Adventure 1 and 2 were a terrible direction at the time, but frequently see that people are now nostalgic for them. It must have only gotten worse from there. I have them both for Dreamcast and Steam and have tried to get into them at least a couple times in the past. Should really force myself through the wringer one of these days.

Last edited by Glyptofane,

SpazzyShinobi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought Sonic Adventure 1 and 2 were a terrible direction at the time, but frequently see that people are now nostalgic for them. It must have only gotten worse from there. I have them both for Dreamcast and Steam and have tried to get into them at least a couple times in the past. Should really force myself through the ringer one of these days.
I also was a weird kid. I played way more SA1 and 2 than Super Mario 64, for instance.

Reactions: Glyptofane

PacBunnyXV07

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought Sonic Adventure 1 and 2 were a terrible direction at the time, but frequently see that people are now nostalgic for them. It must have only gotten worse from there. I have them both for Dreamcast and Steam and have tried to get into them at least a couple times in the past. Should really force myself through the ringer one of these days.
What do you mean by terrible direction? Because they weren't like the ClassicSonic games?

PacBunnyXV07

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i think they don't know how to make games anymore, sometimes i played modern sonic games without expectations and the only i really enjoyed was generations, not only because of classic sonic, the boost shit is kinda fun, but then you go to sonic forces, and they literally regressed the thing, it became a mobile game
Sonic Generations is the best Modern Sonic game because how solid it is and if they had put in that much effort with the other Modern Sonic games people would like them more.

SpazzyShinobi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It does sometimes feel like people are a little too ready to shit on Modern Sonic because memes. They're in no way perfect games, but I wouldn't say they're not fun.

Glyptofane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What do you mean by terrible direction? Because they weren't like the ClassicSonic games?
Partly yes, but even judged on their own as 3D platformers, the whole 3D on-rails approach came off as underwhelming, especially after Mario and others had already made the transition to 3D so successfully.

PacBunnyXV07

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Partly yes, but even judged on their own as 3D platformers, the whole 3D on-rails approach came off as underwhelming, especially after Mario and others had already made the transition to 3D so successfully.
I felt like the Sonic Adventure games were tech demos that shows off what they wanted to do with 3D Sonic.

TomRiddle

Yare Yare Daze
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I thought Sonic Adventure 1 and 2 were a terrible direction at the time, but frequently see that people are now nostalgic for them. It must have only gotten worse from there. I have them both for Dreamcast and Steam and have tried to get into them at least a couple times in the past. Should really force myself through the wringer one of these days.
Do people just hate Sonic Adventure because of how bad the supposed DX port is or has the base game on OG dreamcast just hasn't aged well? IDK the answer I haven't really took the time to play it myself

PacBunnyXV07

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do people just hate Sonic Adventure because of how bad the supposed DX port is or has the base game on OG dreamcast just hasn't aged well? IDK the answer I haven't really took the time to play it myself
There is a stigma where people think the Sonic Adventure games bad in general. The DX port doesn't help with 3D Sonic just because how poorly optimis the port is. You can look up the Sonic Adventure Better mod if you ever wanna try it out.

PacBunnyXV07

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is a stigma where people think the Sonic Adventure games bad in general. The DX port doesn't help with 3D Sonic just because how poorly optimis the port is. You can look up the Sonic Adventure Better mod if you ever wanna try it out.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYzI76fwaM0