Hardware The "Flatzii" flatmii addon

AetherMaster

Aether
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I found yesterday that the Flatmii team will soon be releasing a new chip -the FlatZii. Apparently, it is basically a USB loader in chip form, so no cIOS or WBFS drives are needed. I think I'll definitely be buying this when it comes out. What about you?

QUOTE said:
FLATZII Addon Module for FLATMII is the First USB 2.0 storage manager solution in the world for WII , enable your FLATMII device to manage different USB hard drives with your prefered Wii/Gamecube ISOS . Usint NTFS/EXT2 file system format,it's so simple as drag and drop .iso disc games inside your external USB hard drive from your PC or another storage source. Soon on your prefered retailer . Stay Tuned ! Coming soon.....

http://flatzii.com

Tichinde925

Marth Ditto Money Match?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Files wont be compressed. You could store more games on the WBFS file system than you can on NTFS.

Super Paper Mario would take up 600 MB of space on the WBFS while it would take up the full 4.3 GB on NTFS.

The only benefits from this is being able to load Gamecube games through USB.

noONE

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Well, you'll just need to store your (scrubbed) ISOs in a compressed NTFS folder and there you go, the ISOs basically takes as little space as on a WBFS drive.

Hmm, this will probably have better compatibility as well since flatmii acts as a standard disc, on top of that, this has the ability to play Gamecube ISOs
smile.gif

PsyBlade

Snake Charmer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
@Tichinde925
not entirely correct
ext and ntfs both support sparse files like wbfs does (files with holes)
ntfs aditioanly supports compression
sparse in ntfs needs app support but in ext it is transparent
ntfs compression is transparent

parannoyed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Compression on NTFS is simple. Just scrub the ISO and enable compression for the directory or even just the ISO.

As a side note. I love my Flatmii. I just wish the specs were documented so I could make my own loader channel. The Flatmii channel works, but it isn't the prettiest thing in the world. If this new tool works like it's supposed to, I might have to try reversing the protocol.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: hello everyone