The first PlayStation 5 advertisement goes live early, gets taken down [Update] Officially released

The first PlayStation 5 commercial has aired, though not intentionally. The official Hungarian PlayStation YouTube account let this upcoming advert go live earlier than expected, giving us a look at how the company plans to market their upcoming console. Potentially planned to be broadcast as part of a soccer league finals match later this week, the commercial was removed, though quickly backed up and re-uploaded multiple times. The advertisement is fairly short, only lasting 30 seconds, and focuses mostly on how the DualSense controller feels, and how you'll be able to "see with sound" thanks to the new technology. It then ends on Sony's new slogan for the PS5: "Play Has No Limits". Unfortunately, nothing new such as the console's price was revealed by the ad, though it does remind us that the next generation will soon be upon us.

Update:

PlayStation have released the teaser on their official YouTube channel, the video above has been updated to reflect this. The official video still provides no new information.

:arrow: PlayStation 5 – Play Has No Limits (YouTube)

Last edited by shaunj66,

Obveron

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I find it odd that immersive audio and force feedback are highlighted. These concepts are ancient. Surround sound has been around since ps2. ps3 and 360 games had excellent examples of 3d audio in game engines. Xbox one added Dolby atmos. Of course force feedback since the Nintendo 64 rumble pack, Xbox one already added haptic feedback on the triggers.

Reactions: Fusion

Dubbicakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've had 3D audio since before the PS2. it's called having an actual surround setup instead of listening through the tv speakers, headphones, or a soundbar.
I wanna be like you. <3 Anyway, the difference for this generation is instead of a few directions or a few select audio at one time, it's all directions and all audio at any time.
At least for the PS5, Xbox as been very quiet about if they've done anything about audio this generation. They seem to have focused entirely on power and nothing else.

playstays_shun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hate the ad.

I feel like I'm falling out of love with console gaming. Its just getting more hectic, games are more of their own ecosystem and lock in, and everything is AAA cinematic.

I keep looking backwards and older for fun these days, more on average.

Last edited by playstays_shun,

64bitmodels

Professional Nintendo Hater
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Come the launch of next gen, r.i.p to the switch.

Or replace the 3ds and make another cheap shitty inferior console, be the 3rd console during 1 generation.
Switch is going to fall to the same fate to the DS where the next gen games were so powerful and hard to run they just make whole new games for the switch. The thing is that they arent going to bother with these so theyll just end up looking really cheap and not very good.
But the DS & 3DS did have a pretty decent first party lineup so i'm confident the same will be for the switch. Also the fact that the DS and 3ds got a new revision 4 years after release- this is the switch's third year so there will probably a new nintendo switch to at least compete with the newer hardware of the xsx and ps5 next year

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Switch is going to fall to the same fate to the DS where the next gen games were so powerful and hard to run they just make whole new games for the switch. The thing is that they arent going to bother with these so theyll just end up looking really cheap and not very good.
But the DS & 3DS did have a pretty decent first party lineup so i'm confident the same will be for the switch. Also the fact that the DS and 3ds got a new revision 4 years after release- this is the switch's third year so there will probably a new nintendo switch to at least compete with the newer hardware of the xsx and ps5 next year

Exactly what you see on every nintendo console since the n64 amd cube.

Look at it now, the switch cant run most new titles, struggles or worse than the last gen and now were seeing old games they lacked first time round.

Reactions: Peloisan

64bitmodels

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Exactly what you see on every nintendo console since the n64 amd cube.

Look at it now, the switch cant run most new titles, struggles or worse than the last gen and now were seeing old games they lacked first time round.
its just a fucking handheld that has controller support and HDMI output, lol
Theres a reason i got the lite and not normal edition (besides the fact they were jacking up Switch prices in the earlier months of the year)
especially since ive just given up on console gaming, and im going to get a gaming pc next year- gaming on a tv is kinda overrated anyways

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

also yeah i just watched that trailer
your typical generic overly cinematic bs from naughty dog, no actual gameplay footage or any gameplay thats actually somewhat fun or good
didnt expect any more from sony :D
:nayps3:

Last edited by 64bitmodels,

64bitmodels

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im sick of all the lack of news. Where is the damn price, release date, and friggin preorder damn it. Take my money already shit.
Theyll announce it 3 days before release :D
even with the fucking overpriced PS3 they released the price and what the console does a clean 6 months before release- because back then, sony actually had fucking balls.
we have 3-4 months before the actual ps5 releases and we have no preorder, no release date, and no fucking price.
But hey at least we know that the console has a digital edition, fucking yay.

Last edited by 64bitmodels,

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Theyll announce it 3 days before release :D
even with the fucking overpriced PS3 they released the price and what the console does a clean 6 months before release- because back then, sony actually had fucking balls.
we have 3-4 months before the actual ps5 releases and we have no preorder, no release date, and no fucking price.
But hey at least we know that the console has a digital edition, fucking yay.
sony and microsoft are seeing which one pulls the price trigger first lol. so they can make a better price maybe xD

64bitmodels

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sony and microsoft are seeing which one pulls the price trigger first lol. so they can make a better price maybe xD
Microsoft is probably going to announce it first knowing how theyve been presenting the data lately (we knew how the xsx looked a long time before we knew how the ps5 looked)
maybe then sony will lower the price to attract more customers, but i highly doubt it
fairly confident its going to be the same price for both plastic boxes
It probably isnt unlikely that theyre just going to hold out on announcing the price until 3 days before release, lmao

cashboxz01

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there's no point of holding the price at this point. ms basically already lost the next generation with halo gameplay footage. the one game they were banking on. the ad made it seem like out of this world, but the gameplay was just another generic halo game but with underwhelming graphics for the generation. the only reason why 360 won against the ps3 was because that was an idiotic price, no one was/is willing to buy their kids a $600 console when something with the same big games is available for half the price. as long as the price is $400 for the base model, it's a huge win for Sony.

Goku1992A

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Ad was pretty meh. The main concern is the price on why are they holding out is it going to be $500 or $600 so people can get their money together "for those who are interested" I guess Sony and Microsoft are holding out since last gen Microsoft revealed the Xbox One at $500 and Sony pushed down the price to $400. I doubt Microsoft would make the same mistake twice.

For the switch it is mainly used as Nintendo's new device for those who never had the Wii U they can experience wonderful Wii U ports on the switch. Some may call it only a handheld others may call it hybrid. Honestly Nintendo is just the oddball out of the 3 so just be happy that we are getting games on it. I don't even complain anymore my switch has CFW on it so I'm not going to pay for a game for it anyway lol.

Reactions: Silent_Gunner

64bitmodels

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there's no point of holding the price at this point. ms basically already lost the next generation with halo gameplay footage. the one game they were banking on. the ad made it seem like out of this world, but the gameplay was just another generic halo game but with underwhelming graphics for the generation. the only reason why 360 won against the ps3 was because that was an idiotic price, no one was/is willing to buy their kids a $600 console when something with the same big games is available for half the price. as long as the price is $400 for the base model, it's a huge win for Sony.
I still think 400-500 is a ridiculous price for next gen consoles
if the 360 was priced at 300 and managed to be microsoft's best selling console, i dont see why sony can't do the same with the ps5- the price of games alone is already turning lots of people away from console gaming and for some people even next gen gaming entirely.
Hell, the ps2 managed to be the best selling console of all time because of its competitive price- you get a dvd player and an amazing library of cool games for just 299- most of them were cheap too. they were 40 bucks or 30 bucks but never too expensive
and now we have the ps5, pay 499 to get the console, 60 dollars per year for the online subscription just to have a library full of mostly cinematic games, 70 dollars a pop
Same for the XSX but instead of cinematic games, its crappy halos.
idk why they are just having the consoles be so god damn expensive when consoles back in the day were sold at reasonable- actually not just reasonable, good prices. 400 dollars and above for a console IMO is pushing it, because at that point you should get a PC.
but with how expensive gaming is going to be for the next 7 years you might as well get a pc regardless of price

FanofFans

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

Your prediction is 100% assumption with no actual basis or fact behind it. If I were to venture my own opinion, I'd argue that the Switch will continue to get support from 3rd-party devs, and good indie titles, as well as phenomenal first-party titles. I don't see this being an issue at all, nor do I see the switch "suffering the same fate". You're FAR too pessimistic in your assumption here, and it's filled with obnoxious negativity. Sure we probably won't get the Call of Duty Black Ops 49, but you speak as if ALL good titles on next gen will make use of its more powerful hardware. While it's clear that a lot will, you'll still see some toned down in comparison, and you'll also see ports for the switch. And while the Switch may not get some of the "higher end" third-party titles, it will definitely still receive good ports, and will still flourish even without the "heavy hitting graphically-inclined" titles.

Last edited by FanofFans,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: