Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Any Fire Emblem fans Here?

Probably not.

But if there are, post your stats on each game, what levels you're at, if you're stuck at any hard parts, any devestating loses, tries for each chapter, and basically help other players.

Titles in the Series are :

Fire Emblem : Path of Radiance(GC)

box-l.jpg

fe9-4.jpg

Fire Emblem : Radiant Dawn(Wii)
Although it doesn't say it, Radiant Dawn supports EDTV/HDTV, 50HZ/60HZ and Widescreen

12248_fire_emblem_radiant_dawn-orig.png

5.jpg

Fire Emblem : Shadow Dragon(DS)

Fire_Emblem_DS.jpg

fire.emblem.shadow.dragon.490.jpg

Fire Emblem
(GBA Emu)

fire-emblem-gba.244106.jpg

fire-emblem-the-sacred-stones-20050525115725621.jpg

Fire Emblem - The Sacred Stones
(GBA Emu)

Fire_Emblem_The_Sacred_Stones.JPG

FireEmblem-theSacredStonesGBA_08.png

Louisiana

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Fire Emblem is one of the greatest game series ever. I haven't really decided which games are best (I have decided that Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon, which is candidate for ugliest game ever (the other ugliest game candidate is Time Crisis 4), is worst.). I've even played a bit of Fire Emblem Gaiden on the Famicom. Fun stuff! The thing that elevates them to great game status is permanent death.

cupajoe

Have a cup of joe!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Louisiana said:
Fire Emblem is one of the greatest game series ever. I haven't really decided which games are best (I have decided that Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon, which is candidate for ugliest game ever (the other ugliest game candidate is Time Crisis 4), is worst.). I've even played a bit of Fire Emblem Gaiden on the Famicom. Fun stuff! The thing that elevates them to great game status is permanent death.
I don't think it elevates it to great game status, I think it can make it more frustrating...

yikkyon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The screen shot from Fire Emblem (GBA) are from Sacred Stones

And Im pretty sure Joshua is a sword user without uber-health

Satirical

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I don't find Shadow Dragon to be Ugly, could you elaborate? I find it to be quite accesible and easy to use.

cupajoe, yes it does make it frustrating, but not to the point where you EASILY just want to turn it off and say STFU for a month, you keep putting it back on and playing it because it's so nice.

and yikkyon, that 'video' is from FE1, but they used a Gameshark code to get criticals.

I find that the handheld versions may lose some of their charm (3D Battle Animations, Rich landscapes) but they regain it with Online (in Shadow Dragon) and who says a nice step back in to 2D-Land is a bad thing, eh?

Shadow Dragon isn't 2D actually --

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bump -

My copy of Radiant Dawn on Wii is coming Tomorrow, snatched it for a nifty price of £20 with postage on Ebay
smile.gif
. Won the auction by 4 seconds.

I've played every Fire Emblem game, but I haven't got very far in either of them, recently I've been wondering what Reclassing on Shadow Dragon benefits to, like I turned a Horserider into a Dracolych or whatever they're called..

Louisiana

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Satirical said:
I don't find Shadow Dragon to be Ugly, could you elaborate? I find it to be quite accesible and easy to use.

cupajoe, yes it does make it frustrating, but not to the point where you EASILY just want to turn it off and say STFU for a month, you keep putting it back on and playing it because it's so nice.

and yikkyon, that 'video' is from FE1, but they used a Gameshark code to get criticals.

I find that the handheld versions may lose some of their charm (3D Battle Animations, Rich landscapes) but they regain it with Online (in Shadow Dragon) and who says a nice step back in to 2D-Land is a bad thing, eh?

Shadow Dragon isn't 2D actually --

Yes, the problem with Shadow Dragon is that it's not in 2D. 2D is lovely and beautiful. All the 2D Fire Emblems are absolutely gorgeous. Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn are disappointments because they used 3D instead of 2D. With the Gamecube and Wii they could have done high-res, hand-drawn stuff like in Odin Sphere, but they took the easy way out and did 3D.

I don't like 3D graphics. The only 3D graphics I like are in killer7, Jet Set Radio, Katamari Damacy and Ico. I like plenty of 3D games, but the best of them are hideous (minus the four above) compared to the best 2D stuff.

Satirical

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Louisiana said:
Yes, the problem with Shadow Dragon is that it's not in 2D. 2D is lovely and beautiful. All the 2D Fire Emblems are absolutely gorgeous. Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn are disappointments because they used 3D instead of 2D. With the Gamecube and Wii they could have done high-res, hand-drawn stuff like in Odin Sphere, but they took the easy way out and did 3D.

I don't like 3D graphics. The only 3D graphics I like are in killer7, Jet Set Radio, Katamari Damacy and Ico. I like plenty of 3D games, but the best of them are hideous (minus the four above) compared to the best 2D stuff.

Congratulations you are one of the 5% of people who doesn't like 3D.

Well to be honest I grew up on 2D and 3D.

Also, don't you like Final Fantasy's 3D Graphics?

I received Radiant Dawn today and people were complaining because it's the same graphics as Gamecube.

And I reply by saying this -

"Radiant Dawn is a Direct Sequel to Path of Radiance. - I believe -WITH NO BACKUP- that they made it on Wii because if they made it on Gamecube it wouldn't have sold.
In Conclusion, it doesn't really matter. It's still pretty, and the storyline is great."

Everyone is entitled to their opinions of course.

I like shadow dragon though.

Louisiana

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Satirical said:
Also, don't you like Final Fantasy's 3D Graphics?

I like FFVIII's graphics. I haven't played the other 3D games yet.

I like the Playstation and Sega Saturn and N64 graphics, I forgot to mention. I honestly prefer the look of Time Crisis to Time Crisis II.

QUOTE(Satirical @ Jan 24 2009, 08:29 AM) I received Radiant Dawn today and people were complaining because it's the same graphics as Gamecube.

And I reply by saying this -

"Radiant Dawn is a Direct Sequel to Path of Radiance. - I believe -WITH NO BACKUP- that they made it on Wii because if they made it on Gamecube it wouldn't have sold.
In Conclusion, it doesn't really matter. It's still pretty, and the storyline is great."

Radiant Dawn was released on the Gamecube in Japan and ported to the Wii for the American release. That's why it has Gamecube graphics.

neji64

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've played and beat fire emblem path of radiance and radiant dawn, and their both awesome.
happy.gif

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I'm quite a big fan of the Fire Emblem series, but I really suck at them
tongue.gif

I've played the 2 GBA versions a lot, and I still play them sometimes.
I tried the Wii version, but I didn't really like it. Fire Emblem doesn't belong on a console, it belongs on the handhelds.
That's why I really love Fire Emblem DS.
The graphics are nice IMHO, and there are some interesting things added to the gameplay, which makes the game easier overall, so more people get interested in them.

And I'm loving this game even more because of my CycloDS, because it can Real Time Save
smile.gif

I'm telling you, the Arena abuse can get endless this way.

Satirical

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Oh, CycloDS can Real Time Save?

Very Nice. Is that on EVERY DS Game?

I've got an R4 but I'd consider changing just for the pure fact that I'd be able to save in real time.

Well the First fire emblem I played was on Gamecube so I got used to it, the music, the graphics, I just like it more like this.

Although I love the handheld versions too
smile.gif

I was playing Radiant Dawn today, so far It's awesome, the level design and opening sequence kicked butt, and I have high-hopes for the rest of it. My DS Battery died out on me about 2 days ago so I ordered another one, should be here tomorrow, so I can play Shadow Dragon then.

So after playing radiant dawn for a bit I decided to read the manual about the PoR bonuses, and it said I have to complete PoR first. So I figured I might aswell play through PoR and then play Radiant Dawn.

Makes more sense.

I also got Mario Kart today and so far it's awesome. But I hope I can unlock new modes like Missions...

If not it's still cool.

Satangel, what chapter are you at on Shadow Dragon?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some other questions I have...

What controller do you use for Radiant Dawn? I personally use a Wavebird GC
smile.gif

And it looks nice in HD as well. If the opening sequence were the same graphics as on Gamecube, I'd be quite amazed.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Don't double post Satirical
lecture.gif

Yes, the CycloDS can Real Time Save, Real Time Load and Real Time Cheat.
Yes, that works on all DS games. And it also has a slowmotion function, very handy for hectic games (Tetris, Geometry Wars come at mind
smile.gif
)

I would really recommend the CycloDS, it's much better then an R4DS.

I was at chapter 18 or so of Shadow Dragon, but I was kinda unhappy with my focus on some characters who turned out bad in the end.
That's why I restarted today, and now I'm at Chapter 2.

I use a regular White GC controller, it's fantastic
smile.gif

But I don't think Fire Emblem belongs on the consoles, especially not like it was on the Wii.
The opening sequence was great fun, but to then see that the text is not even spoken, that kinda frustrated me....
Maybe I'll give it another shot one time, Fire Emblem deservers that!

Louisiana

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I think Fire Emblem belongs exclusively on consoles...

That said, ya'll are forgetting Fire Emblem 6. It's a sequel to Fire Emblem 7. The main character is Roy. There's a translation patch for it here.

Posts merged

How 'bout we move this thread to general gaming? After all, Fire Emblem's been on the Famicom, Super Famicom, GBA, Gamecube, DS and Wii.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Yeah, I have Fire Emblem 6 too on my EZ IV, but haven't really gave it a chance ....

Tactical RPG's just belong on handhelds IMHO, ideal for long journeys or to play in your bed.

Satirical

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well I've always thought games like Fire Emblem (Disgaea DS, Final Fantasy Tactics, Luminous Arc) were kinda.....icky. I mean, you don't get really nice spell screens, do you? Or nice 3D Sequences.

But yeah Satangel, Shadow Dragon and FF Tactics changed my mind. I love FFTA2. I'm up to 40 hours on it, level 35
biggrin.gif
(I left it on for like 5 hours)

I vote to move this to General Gaming..

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Satirical said:
Well I've always thought games like Fire Emblem (Disgaea DS, Final Fantasy Tactics, Luminous Arc) were kinda.....icky. I mean, you don't get really nice spell screens, do you? Or nice 3D Sequences.

But yeah Satangel, Shadow Dragon and FF Tactics changed my mind. I love FFTA2. I'm up to 40 hours on it, level 35
biggrin.gif
(I left it on for like 5 hours)

I vote to move this to General Gaming..

We don't need to vote, we should just ask a moderator to do it for us
smile.gif

So any Administrator or Global Mod should be able to do this.
I've mailed The Teej, hopefully it gets moved soon.

Satirical

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Satangel said:
We don't need to vote, we should just ask a moderator to do it for us
smile.gif

So any Administrator or Global Mod should be able to do this.
I've mailed The Teej, hopefully it gets moved soon.

Sounds Gewd
smile.gif

Got to play Fire Emblem a bit today, loaded up PoR and realized that Boyd and Soren had died, so I restarted the game. I transferred my cousins' maxed out completed save data from his Mem Card to Mine so I can start from the beginning with a NEW save state but use bonuses from PoR on Radiant Dawn
smile.gif

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Nice, always nice to get bonuses!

I played some Shadow Dragon yesterday, and in Chapter 5 you have an Arena
smile.gif

I started with 20k gold, and ended with 50k gold
tongue.gif
. Then I got kinda bored, and stopped it.
I trained all my characters at least one lvl up, and Lena (the healer) is like 4 lvl's up.

All thanks to my CycloDS
laugh.gif

Satirical

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Satangel said:

smile.gif

tongue.gif
I trained all my characters at least one lvl up, and Lena (the healer) is like 4 lvl's up.

All thanks to my CycloDS
laugh.gif

Oooh sexy
tongue.gif

I don't think I'm going to get a CycloDS until My R4 dies -ifitdoes-

Because Real time save and load is just lazy and takes away some of the game experience...

Losing is fun
wink.gif

Well my DS Battery didn't come today, so hopefully tomorrow. I also preloaded my SD card with Shining Soul I and II (two of my favourite RPGs Ever) and Fire Emblem 1 and 2.

Along with Mario and Luigi RPG 1, Final Fantasy Tactics, all Pokemon on GBA, Yoshi Topsy-Turvy, Mario World, mario bros 3, WarioWare and a couple more cool games.

I just hope that border doesn't piss me off too much....

wink.gif

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Satirical said:
Satangel said:

smile.gif

tongue.gif

All thanks to my CycloDS
laugh.gif

Oooh sexy
tongue.gif

I don't think I'm going to get a CycloDS until My R4 dies -ifitdoes-

Because Real time save and load is just lazy and takes away some of the game experience...

Losing is fun
wink.gif

Well my DS Battery didn't come today, so hopefully tomorrow. I also preloaded my SD card with Shining Soul I and II (two of my favourite RPGs Ever) and Fire Emblem 1 and 2.

Along with Mario and Luigi RPG 1, Final Fantasy Tactics, all Pokemon on GBA, Yoshi Topsy-Turvy, Mario World, mario bros 3, WarioWare and a couple more cool games.

I just hope that border doesn't piss me off too much....

wink.gif

LOL, we aren't gonna see you for the next month or so
smile.gif

Do you emulate Shining Soul I and II? And Fire Emblem you emulate via nesDS?
Nice, maybe I'll give it a try one day
smile.gif

Yeah, I know it's kinda weak off me to use RTS, but I'm not that good in Fire Emblem, and that's why I use those technics.
To be honest, the first Fire Emblem that I played was Fire Emblem GBA on VBA. God I loved that, I just could RTS so easily!
Really handy for difficult situations
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol