The Final Fantasy VII Remake's release date has been delayed slightly

4Usrc9M.png

If you were worried that March 2020 might be a little too packed for game releases, then you can take one completely off the table. Square Enix has delayed the upcoming Final Fantasy VII Remake. Fortunately, this delay is a rather small one, pushing back the release date from March 3, 2020, to April 10, 2020. The reasoning behind the delay is so that the developers can "ensure [they] deliver a game that is in-line with their vision". According to the team, this slight delay will give the game an extra bit of polish, which is important, considering how highly-anticipated the remake is.

“We know that so many of you are looking forward to the release of FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE and have been waiting patiently to experience what we have been working on. In order to ensure we deliver a game that is in-line with our vision, and the quality that our fans who have been waiting for deserve, we have decided to move the release date to April 10, 2020.

We are making this tough decision in order to give ourselves a few extra weeks to apply final polish to the game and to deliver you with the best possible experience. I, on behalf of the whole team, want to apologize to everyone, as I know this means waiting for the game just a little bit longer.

Thank you for your patience and continued support - Yoshinori Kitase, Producer of FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE.

FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE will be available for the PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system from 10th April 2020.

:arrow: Source

DANTENDO

I Won year sub Edge mag 1996 hot topic digitiser
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
is this a fkin joke lol- square can you read this i want to kno right fkin now what needs polishing - i couldnt giv cows arse if clouds hair doesnt look spiky enough or tifas chest looks wonky :lol: i demand you tell us right now what the fk yr polishing

Reactions: LuigiXL

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A month and a few days later, i can manage. Animal crossing will have my march and this will have my april and may. Looking forward to this one, glad they're polishing. it would not work to have a buggy mess.

Reactions: Deleted User

eyeliner

Has an itch needing to be scratched.
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Burn them all for postponing a game!
How dare they postponing a game I won't play?!?!?!?!?!

wartutor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Again didnt they postpone it from december 2019 to march to "polish" it. Got me worried maybe they're learning they cant polish a turd. Or they are just tryin to figure out how to squeeze a few more $ out of dlc by "omitting" certain things from release.

DANTENDO

I Won year sub Edge mag 1996 hot topic digitiser
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
and easter is 2 days after so they better put in a huge arse easter egg which hints at the release date of part 2 :lol:

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hopefully this won't delay the inevitable PC release, since that is already going to come out much later than the PS4 version. That's all I care about. Though a month isn't a lot, who knows if it will end up being delayed even more.

leon315

POWERLIFTER
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
DELAY after delay after delay after delay after delay after delay after delay after delay after delay after delay after delay after delay after delay after delay after delay after delay after delay............

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Have you ever been beaten by a wet spaghetti noodle by your girlfriend because she has a twin sister, and you got confused and fucked her dad?
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I had a girlfriend who had a twin sister and they would mess with me constantly.... Until one chipped a tooth then finally I could tell them apart.... Lol
    They would have the same hair style the same clothes everything... Really messed with my head lol
    @The Real Jdbye, I could see AMD trying to pull off the CPU GPU tandem thing, would be a way to maybe close the gap a bit with Nvidia. Plus it would kinda put Nvidia at a future disadvantage since Nvidia can't make X86/64 CPUs? Intel and AMD licensing issues... I wonder how much that has held back innovation.
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i don't think nvidia wants to get in the x64 cpu market anyways
    you've seen how much intel is struggling getting into the gpu market
    and nvidia is already doing ARM
    i don't think they want to take more focus away from their gpus
    Yeah I think Nvidia s future lays in AI GPU acceleration stuff if they can get that going it's going to be super interesting in the long term
    AI assisted game creation might become a thing
    At least that's something I think would be pretty cool.
    Don some VR glasses and gloves and talk to the computer and paint entire worlds
    "OK Cortana I want that mountain a little taller and more snow on top, and I would like some random ancient pine forest around the bottom"
    "Now we need a spring fed river flowing down the north side and add some wild life appropriate for the biome"
    Many TBs of assets and the programming of something like that is going to be tough but I think it's something we might see in 20 years maybe sooner
    @Psionic Roshambo AI assisted game creation is kinda already here, there was recently that AI that can turn any 2D image into a fully modeled 3D object, it's not perfect, but it's a starting point, beats starting from zero
    +1
    before that there was one to generate a fully modeled scene from a 2D image
    +1
    but most recently, there was one that actually generates a working unity scene with terrain and textures already set up that you can import right into unity, that's a huge time saver right there
    +1
    and using LLMs to generate NPC dialogue and even dynamically generated quests is something i'm sure is already happening
    +1
    will just take some time for games made using those things to be completed and released
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @The Real Jdbye, it's bed bath and beyond you nitwit
    @K3Nv2 you said instructions with pictures, same difference
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @K3Nv2 you said instructions with pictures, same difference