The Final Fantasy VII Remake now has a release date

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Chary, Jun 10, 2019.

1. kumikochan

kumikochan GBAtemp Psycho!

Feb 4, 2015
    Belgium
    Tongeren
    They're still doing this episode crap cutting the game up in pieces and selling it for a ton

Last edited by kumikochan, Jun 10, 2019
    CallmeBerto likes this.
  2. DANTENDO

DANTENDO I Won year sub Edge mag 1996 hot topic digitiser

Mar 10, 2019
    United Kingdom
    as said to some before you hav no idea how long it takes to make such a masterpiece and wher do you hav info its gonna sell higher than other games-nonsense talk

3. Rahkeesh

Rahkeesh GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 3, 2018
    United States
    The chibi field models of the original always were and still are garbage. FF8/9 made that quite clear. Good thing we have numerous mods now to fix that.

Subtle Demise likes this.
  4. raxadian

raxadian GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 10, 2018
    Argentina
    First Episode? What?

That doesn't seem promising.

5. lordelan

lordelan GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 4, 2015
    Germany
    Umm episodes?
    A remake of a full game is devided into episodes?
    lol

6. Taleweaver

Taleweaver Storywriter

Dec 23, 2009
    Belgium
    Belgium
    Erm... I haven't watched all the shows, but if this is really the height, then... Ouch.

Look... I get it : y'all love it to pieces. But isn't a release date a bit underwhelming, considering I've heard about this being in development for a couple years? Especially considering this 'll be just the first episode (which I guess is the first CD).

Oh, and... Sorry to rain on parades, but it'll never have the same impact. FF vii was great because it stood head and shoulders over other games in terms of graphical quality (and audio, I presume). Those other games have caught up. So... Sorry,but I fail to see the relevance.

7. DANTENDO

Mar 10, 2019
    United Kingdom
    The episodes won't be yr standard 2 to 3 hour stuff - this wil be triple AAA episodes

8. leafeon34

leafeon34 Bye

Sep 30, 2014
    Japan
    Hiding up a cherry blossom
    Allow me to clarify what I meant. This game has not aged well from a technical perspective. I never did like the battles or soundtrack. I've seen people argue over the years that Final Fantasy VI is better or that Final Fantasy VII was revolutionary for its time then Final Fantasy VIII improved on it in every way.

I rarely play JRPGs but according to my Switch I played 65+ hours of Octopath Traveler. On the Wii Virtual Console I played the shit out of the Donkey Kong Country series. Recently I started playing The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages on the GameBoy Colour.

Last edited by leafeon34, Jun 10, 2019
    Memoir likes this.
  9. DANTENDO

Mar 10, 2019
    United Kingdom
    Laughable :lol: I liked FF8 but I'm soz ask majority of FF gamers and theyl say 7 tops it by far-and hav you even pld the games prob not by the sounds of it

10. Dartz150

Dartz150 GBATemp Official Lolicon Onii-chan™

May 5, 2010
    Mexico
    On a Strange Journey
    Maybe the fact that the OP says:
    And everyone knows that Keanu stole it already yesterday, that CyberPunk 2077 presentation was amazing.

Back on topic, I have never played FF VII at it's fullest because I never owned a PSX on it's day, I only had the chance to try it at a friend's house a couple of hours and man, in those days it was technically amazing compared to other games in the same era, the fact that it had two discs because the enormous size blew my mind. I always dreamed of having a PSX jut to play that game, and now that it's getting a remake I'll definitely getting it, the only thing that worries me is the "chapter" launch mechanism that it will take, sounds like the game is being rushed or just marketing strategies all over.

11. DANTENDO

Mar 10, 2019
    United Kingdom
    It had 3 :creep:

12. Loversan

Loversan Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 31, 2009
    Cote d'Ivoire
    wasn't the remake only 2 episodes? I'm glad we have a release date c:

13. Dartz150

Dartz150 GBATemp Official Lolicon Onii-chan™

May 5, 2010
    Mexico
    On a Strange Journey
    Oh I see, my memory is failing me then haha, I only hope that the remake is not being divided in three parts if they decide to base it in this.

14. Memoir

Memoir Just a Memory

Jun 24, 2007
    United States
    Somewhere, over there!
    God forbid someone have a different opinion than yours. No need to fanboy about it. VII was great, but it's also easily the most overhyped Final Fantasy to date.

15. leafeon34

leafeon34 Bye

Sep 30, 2014
    Japan
    Hiding up a cherry blossom
    I’m simply saying what I read other people say. I played through the first disk of FF7. I played FF8 for about an hour, not long enough to give an informed opinion on the game.

16. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Legend

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    They hiding Tifa, like Komani did Raiden with Metal Gear Solid 2 reveal trailers. You won't see her until you play the game. :creep:

17. kumikochan

kumikochan GBAtemp Psycho!

Feb 4, 2015
    Belgium
    Tongeren
    They said when they first anounced it it will be sold in parts at 60-70 euro. If you think they would sell it for less well that's hilarious. A masterpiece ofcourse but because it was a masterpiece it can be cut up in parts and be sold in parts ? okay,

18. DANTENDO

Mar 10, 2019
    United Kingdom
    What bit don't you understand these 2 or 3 parts though noone really knows how many parts ther gonna be will be full blown games and who cares bout paying 10 or 15 euros more even if tht is the case as these are big games best of the best square team I'm sure working on them - gamers need to appreciate more what these guys do for us

19. Delerious

Delerious GBAtemp Regular

May 10, 2018
    United States
    California
    I suppose I could have been clearer in my original post, but why even make that assumption?. I only say it because not everyone who has a PS4 owns a Pro (myself included), and by the time all episodes are released, it will probably be well into the PS5's life cycle, so I'll probably have one by then anyway. Also, Microsoft is touting high frame rates on their system, and they're using similar hardware to what Sony is using on the PS5.

Also, no. I don't personally mind waiting years for SE to finish all the episodes. I'd rather have the full experience at once than buy one piece of the game at a time, especially when I currently have games on the back burner and have a busy schedule over the next couple of years thanks to a combination of school and work.

20. jt_1258

jt_1258 Something

Aug 21, 2016
    United States
    Somewhere
    @Troopage @Subtle Demise @DarthDub
    Ok, I edited my message since my misunderstanding didn't seem to be picked up by you bunch. The release plan of simply being a timed exclusive and not a full on exclusive has not changed. sorry about that

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

ok, I should have tagged you to, woops