The Final Fantasy VII Remake now has a release date

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Chary, Jun 10, 2019.

1. osaka35

osaka35 Instructional Designer

GBAtemp Patron
    osaka35 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Nov 20, 2009
    United States
    Silent Hill
    I still don't like it's an action game with some rpg elements (kingdom hearts shooter it looks like) rather than a JRPG now, but that ship sailed a long time ago. I do wish they called it the re-imagining it is, rather than a remake, but we'll see how much of the story they change :P

I'm guessing it'll come out on the ps5, with a dumbed-down version for the ps4. Excited we finally got a release date.

Hopefully they remember Cloud is a spunky loud-mouth and only becomes emo cloud after a dip in the green river styx.

Last edited by osaka35, Jun 10, 2019
  2. WiikeyHacker

WiikeyHacker Natsumi Naga

Aug 6, 2018
    Japan
    Shibuya
    im getting this day 1 seeing Zack in hd is something im hyped for fuck e3 that's all the info i needed.

3. MiiJack

MiiJack GBAtemp Regular

Sep 13, 2016
    Madagascar
    There's a reason why it's called Duke Nukem Forever, DNF=Did Not Finish :toot:

Silent_Gunner and Xzi like this.
  4. wurstpistole

wurstpistole I got 8 warning points

Nov 19, 2015
    Gambia, The
    It will probably launch on other platforms - including PS5, I bet - when all episodes are out.

5. NoNAND

NoNAND GBAtemp's Official NAND multipurpose tool.

Aug 22, 2015
    Antarctica
    GhostLatte's van
    "within this century" :P
    Glad we have a release date now. hopefully it gets a PC release too.

6. DANTENDO

DANTENDO I Won year sub Edge mag 1996 hot topic digitiser

Mar 10, 2019
    United Kingdom
    higher frames rates:lol: you act like as if the game is gonna be bugged to shit-utter madness-just play the game when it comes out as who knows when all episodes wil be out we are prob talking years

7. Bimmel

Bimmel ~ Game Soundtrack Collector ~

Jan 28, 2014
    Gambia, The
    Are people really that naive? It will be delayed, of course. Wait and see.

I'm glad it has a date though. ;-)

x65943 likes this.
  8. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Guru

Mar 3, 2014
    Portugal
    by the time they finish all the episodes we will be on next gen, and i bet next gen will have a full colection of this game lol.

9. Ericthegreat

Ericthegreat Not New Member

Nov 8, 2008
    United States
    Vana'diel
    Anyone else more interested in FFVII release so they can finally talk about ffx-3?

10. Lazyboss

Lazyboss GBAtemp Fan

Sep 26, 2017
    United Arab Emirates
    Wait wait wait, slow battle? Maybe JRPG is not for you at all because FFVII battles considered faster than other JRPG,
    ugly pixelated? You do realize that the original game was released on 1997 right?
    Bland soundtracks? FFVII have one of the best soundtracks in gaming history.

Are you trolling or something? Because it's not funny.

DANTENDO likes this.
  11. wurstpistole

Nov 19, 2015
    Gambia, The
    God that is dense. Of course you have to think of the game as a masterpiece when it was released in 1997. Playing this in, I don't know, 2013 or whatever you mean by "a few years ago", and then expecting something else than pixelated graphics (this is ps1 man) and a slower (though at least by me very much favored over any other) gameplay mechanic is just not a very foresighted approach.
    I guess this is one of the things the smartphone generation will not understand. There's few games today that I enjoy more than the many titles I played the shit out of on Snes, PS1, even Gameboy in some instances. Too many games trying to hide their mediocre gameplay by astonishing presentation.
    I played ff7 in 1997 and it is still one of my top 3 favorite all time games. That is also why the remake will probably never hold up to my expectations. The new action rpg approach alone will ruin it. I will play it nonetheless.

Last edited by wurstpistole, Jun 10, 2019
    godreborn and Lazyboss like this.
  12. Arras

Arras GBAtemp Guru

Sep 14, 2010
    Netherlands
    Sure, it's a product of its time, but many other old games (especially SNES) still hold up pretty well if you try to play them today. It's not that surprising that someone would be disappointed with the game if they played it now after hearing everyone constantly hype it up as one of the best games ever made.

13. wurstpistole

Nov 19, 2015
    Gambia, The
    Snes is 2d though and scales very well on emulators. Could even call it HD if you use the right shaders that smoothen the edges. I still enjoy the crap out of super Mario World and secret of mana. The som remake was a disaster in my eyes, nothing of the original charm. 3d games like in PSX era, which is early 3d, of course aren't very pleasing to the eye in today's time. I played the first part of Ff7 a few weeks ago on the switch release, until you get out of Midgar, and enjoyed it just as I did 20 years ago and the many, many times I restarted it since then on various platforms.

14. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Guru

Mar 3, 2014
    Portugal
    i still think ocarina and mario 64 hold up well besides low graphics imo, but yeah most early 3d gaes are abit crappy looking nowadays, but i growed up on that era and i find low poly graphics preety damn nice :P

15. wurstpistole

Nov 19, 2015
    Gambia, The
    Mario 64 released when I was about 11 or so. I spent hundreds of hours in that. Most of the 3d Marios since then have a similar high quality though, which is nice to see. Can't say that about final fantasy, especially the more recent ones. 15 was okay, but nothing to get excited about.

16. WhiteMaze

WhiteMaze GBAtemp Maniac

GBAtemp Patron
    WhiteMaze is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 16, 2013
    Portugal
    Bl-...bland soundtrack??

Good Lord, someone have this man arrested.

DANTENDO likes this.
  17. gameboy

gameboy GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Dec 9, 2015
    United States
    keanu reeves stole E3 so far. Itll be very hard to beat unless Hideo Kojima's Death Stranding somehow takes it

18. DANTENDO

DANTENDO I Won year sub Edge mag 1996 hot topic digitiser

Mar 10, 2019
    United Kingdom
    wtf has this got to do with FF7 :lol:

19. Bedel

Bedel The key of the blade

Oct 28, 2015
    Don't understimate Keanu Reeves's power.

gameboy likes this.
  20. DarthDub

DarthDub Amateur Hacker

Jan 26, 2016
    United States
    Your mom's basement.
    Can't wait to play Episode 3 in 2077.

Subtle Demise likes this.