Hacking The EX4i, dead?

coattails

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
According to gamekool, all pre-orders were supposed to be shipped out 2 weeks after April 21st and a review would be posted around April 28th.

Well, neither of those things happened.

Now with the SCDSTwo on its way to people's mailboxes... the EX4i still hasn't shown itself
wtf.gif

Was it all just a giant scam to interest eager SCDSTwo buyers before its release? Were they trying to make money off all the people caught up in the SCDSTwo hype
wacko.gif
?

Can gamekool give us any information on the whereabouts of the cart or are they too busy basking in pre-order money for a cart that's never going to come...

kiafazool

Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
i think they are waiting for the dstwo to get into people's hand and when people start posting how fun they have with freecheat and real-time functions
ex4i will come out with better features (not technically saying that they will get the dstwo features but with like better compatibilty or what-not)
i think thats just my opinion of the ex4i to look for the better picture

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
coattails,
ex4ds is not a scam for sure
smile.gif

from what i heard.. they are just taking their sweet time on finalizing the whole thing
i have no idea why but thats what i was told
smile.gif

based on testers they have better GBA emulation (i am not sure about how true is this)

coattails

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The ex4ds site is back up at www.ex4ds.com

And apparently, from their FAQ section, the EX4DS can only run 4GB mSDs...

QUOTE said:
Q: How many files can I have on the EX4DS?
A: EX4DS Adapter supports 128MB~4GB TF(MicroSD) card , 4GB=32Gbit

Hopefully this got lost in translation... if not, this might be the deciding factor in whether people choose the EX4i or the SCDS2 in the future.

coattails

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
PharaohsVizier said:
I have a package sitting at a DHL depot right now, I'm 95% sure it is my EX4 sample, so I'll be sure to let you guys know how well it works then.

Sweet. For starters, try and figure out if its SDHC compatible..

Leonidas

Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
coattails said:
QUOTE said:
Q: How many files can I have on the EX4DS?
A: EX4DS Adapter supports 128MB~4GB TF(MicroSD) card , 4GB=32Gbit

Hopefully this got lost in translation... if not, this might be the deciding factor in whether people choose the EX4i or the SCDS2 in the future.
Actually it's not their translation, but lazyness, because they just stole the old R4 FAQ and replaced "R4" with "EX4DS".

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah they just stole it from the R4 FAQ. Anyways I heard that the team is working on the firmware still and improving the quality. So they delayed the cart.

TM2-Megatron

Predacon Commander
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Leonidas said:
Actually it's not their translation, but lazyness, because they just stole the old R4 FAQ and replaced "R4" with "EX4DS".

Which doesn't inspire much confidence, tbh. Although I doubt the product is dead, I really hate the "steal everything" mentality these cloners seem to possess. Do they have no shame?

DarkWay

tsubasa hiroge
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
hmmm....a card with similar capabilities to the DSTWO..supposed to come out before the DSTWO...got delayed until after the DSTWO...perhaps they're trying to steal the firmware aswell >.> who knows?(rhetorical question)

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
DOH, it was my Supercard DS TWO sample....

Ahhhh Pharaoh lucky lucky
smile.gif
And I'm sure my DSonei sample is sitting in some desolate area off of China. *sniff* almost a month, no new tracker update. >_

iFish

Slower than a 90s modem
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have low expectations for this card..... so therefore it might just surprise me. i had high hopes for the dstwo... and still do. but this card could surprise us all!

coattails

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
PharaohsVizier said:
DOH, it was my Supercard DS TWO sample....
tongue.gif
Though I know my EX4 sample is out there sitting in some boat or post office right now... shouldn't be too long.
frown.gif

You're the only person in the world that's sad that an SCDS2 has been mailed to you..

waffle1995

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i saw a video of both the dvix/movie support and gba emulation of the ex4ds

they loaded the movie player through the orginal r4 menu, but i think that was like a beta menu,
the gba emulation seem fine.

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This team is a joke. I recently talked to them again and asked them shouldn't this flashcart get released before the Supercard DStwo. There reply was it should be. FAIL the DStwo is already here...

coattails

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
BoxShot said:
Personally I wanted PV to get his EX4i sample more. We all know there will be bunch of SCDS2 reviews. Starting this week.
tongue.gif

Yeah I kinda did too. But considering the EX4i team's current reputation and track record, the EX4i is probably an SCDS2 with a new sticker
rofl.gif

Actually, with the state that the SCDS2 is in right now, it wouldn't be that hard for the ex4i to impress people. To win me over, all it would need is avi support (they already have pics of that), a gba emulator on par with darkchen's, and an AKAIO-esque game browsing GUI with internal names.

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
coattails said:
BoxShot said:
Personally I wanted PV to get his EX4i sample more. We all know there will be bunch of SCDS2 reviews. Starting this week.
tongue.gif

Yeah I kinda did too. But considering the EX4i team's current reputation and track record, the EX4i is probably an SCDS2 with a new sticker
rofl.gif

Actually, with the state that the SCDS2 is in right now, it wouldn't be that hard for the ex4i to impress people. To win me over, all it would need is avi support (they already have pics of that), a gba emulator on par with darkchen's, and an AKAIO-esque game browsing GUI with internal names.

On par with darkchen's emulator won't be any good
it need to be better
especially capable of playing those high profile games without much issue
smile.gif

AKAIO-esque
let cross our finger that they make their firmware based on akrpg source
tongue.gif

waffle1995

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It a real flashcart.
Why would they make a new movie player and gba emulator, it will come soon, just wait
smile.gif
smile.gif

The flashcart is in delay so far. The gba emulation is simple no rts and stuff like that.

I hope the os isnt like the r4, in April the ex4 booted the movie player in a r4 menu
frown.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night