'The Eternal Cylinder' gets release trailer

eternal cylinder.JPG

Indie developer ACE Team's peculiar alien RPG featuring a gargantuan rolling cylinder of death, The Eternal Cylinder, is out now. For the occasion, the team released a the Adapt or Perish launch trailer:

The Eternal Cylinder gives you a herd of adorably strange creatures called Trebhums to control on a surreal alien world where all life must face the threat of... the Cylinder, a gargantuan rolling structure of ancient origin which crushes everything in its path! In this massive world with real-time environmental destruction, you’ll discover exotic landscapes, deadly predators, and organic exploration puzzles and challenges.

Your Trebhums start at the bottom of the food chain but can eat a variety of flora and fauna to evolve with dozens of new attributes and abilities to overcome obstacles and escape danger. These mutations stack, allowing your herd to grow with a range of emergent skill combos and creature designs for different gameplay opportunities.

Key features of The Eternal Cylinder include:
  • Explore an Unforgettable Alien World: Traverse a gorgeous world populated with never-before-seen vistas and species around every corner.
  • Unique Mutation System: Your Trebhums start at the bottom of the food chain, but can eat various foods to mutate and unlock new powers. Experiment to find new gameplay possibilities! There are over 50 unique mutations to find.
  • Four Diverse Biomes to Discover: Explore multiple dynamic ecosystems, each with their own dedicated features and creatures to reveal, from tiny beings to skyscraper-sized leviathans.
  • Develop a Herd of Cute Creatures: Find and rescue more of your brethren to expand your family even further, and switch between them at any time.
  • Story-driven Exploration: Experience a deep and engrossing story with themes of family and heritage as you explore this sprawling alien world. Discover a vast array of challenging puzzles to solve and overcome.
The Eternal Cylinder is out now on PC (Epic Games Store), Xbox One, and PlayStation 4 for $29.99. Through October 18, PC gamers can get the game for 10% off. PlayStation 4 and Xbox One owners will be able to get physical retail editions starting November 19 and can be pre-ordered now. These include a 28-page Survivor's Handbook, which details survival tips and provides insights into the game's many strange creatures.

:arrow: SOURCE: GBAtemp Inbox

Reactions: Mama Looigi

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
because it's on Epic. come on now
The good news is that it's seemingly DRM-free. There's no scene release for it yet, but working copies are floating around on the high seas regardless. Once I've put in a few hours I'll consider buying a PS5 version if it's good (and assuming they ever release a PS5 version). I've been a big fan of ACE Team's past releases, so I want to support them, but I am of course peeved that they took the moneyhat this time around.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr