Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
kRMyO.png

QUOTE said:
The Walking Dead has gotten terrific ratings for AMC and a quick renewal, as it heads into its season finale this weekend. But now comes word of a curious overhaul behind the scenes.

Deadline is reporting that executive producer Frank Darabont has let go of the show's entire writing staff, including his number 2, Charles H. Eglee (Dexter, The Shield). As Deadline notes, many shows have some writer changes in-between seasons, but it's unusual for such a major overhaul.

In addition, Deadline says they hear Darabont wants to go forward into Season 2 without a set writing staff, instead assigning all scripts he doesn't write himself to freelancers. Deadline points out that Darabont fully wrote two episodes of the first season (and co-wrote or re-wrote the others) and that two of the others were written by non-staff writers, including Walking Dead comic book creator Robert Kirkman. They also note that Darabont would be using the same model employed by Torchwood, which has several writers working on episodes for the upcoming re-launch on Starz (including Buffy's Jane Espenson), but no full time writing staff.

One hurdle for Darabont to do this however may come in the form of the Writer's Guild. Torchwood -- which just added another Buffy alum, Kelly Manners, as a producer -- is coproduced by the BBC, who got the okay from the Writer's Guild to continue with their UK template

http://tv.ign.com/articles/113/1137550p1.html

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hopefully it'll be the same quality show as before, this thing is amazing. I mean upon reading it I can see that maybe the staff wasn't completely necessary, but they had some nice talent on there.

Omninox

GBATemp's™ Retired Cheats Compiler
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I so do hope the next season stays with it and doesn't go downhill, its been really good so far :/

injected11

Crescent Fresh™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Anywhere I can watch these online? I saw the first episode and thought it was pretty basic lack-luster zombie stuff. I'd like to see the rest of the season before I judge.

Gh0sti

iOS Guru
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i like this show, gives me weird dreams at night fighting off zombies, anyways i havent seen ep 1, however i am excited to see season 2 and hope that it is on par with 1st season, what i dont get is why fire a good team of writers if they are doing amazing

Gamer4life

I am the Orange Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo they cannot do this i don't want this show to be over so soon. I really hope they don't end up getting canceled as i can see this show going on for over 7 seasons you just add more people and kill others off and Adding alot of good storyline this show run almost forever.

jesterscourt

Not Brad.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First of all, context. There were only half a dozen episodes for the first season, and the second season is quite awhile away. AMC needs to pay writers. If they aren't actively writing the next season, they are paying them for nothing. Look this up for other shows/series that have delays in between seasons, the writing staff often gets cut, then some are rehired when it's time to do the next season.

Anakir

Project: Melee
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The show is alright. Boring at times but still entertaining enough to watch. I like reading the comic though. The pace the show is going at, it's gonna catch up to the latest chapter's plot real quick.

D

Deleted User

This is a great show. I've always been a fan of Zombie apocalypse movies and this is like one every week. So good!

gifi4

How am I a 'New Member'?
Trophies
XP
Country
injected11 said:
Anywhere I can watch these online? I saw the first episode and thought it was pretty basic lack-luster zombie stuff. I'd like to see the rest of the season before I judge.
Wow, 1K+ posts and you don't know the rules, seriously, anyway It's illegal so we can't provide you with links, but just do a search for whatever episode you're looking for and try puting megaupload or rapidshare after it/ or try a torrent...hope I helped. (That's for downloading, but it's your best bet)

thieves like us

chaos personified
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
gifi4 said:
injected11 said:
Wow, 1K+ posts and you don't know the rules, seriously, anyway It's illegal so we can't provide you with links, but just do a search for whatever episode you're looking for and try puting megaupload or rapidshare after it/ or try a torrent...hope I helped. (That's for downloading, but it's your best bet)
what he was asking for really isn't against the TOS of this site/forum. in fact, many of the networks have full episodes available for viewing on their websites.

the show is broadcast on AMC (american movie classics) and here is the information that you're looking for (unfortunately, amc doesn't appear to have streaming episodes on their site)
http://www.amctv.com/originals/The-Walking.../where-to-watch

gifi4

How am I a 'New Member'?
Trophies
XP
Country
thieves like us said:
gifi4 said:
injected11 said:
what he was asking for really isn't against the TOS of this site/forum. in fact, many of the networks have full episodes available for viewing on their websites.

the show is broadcast on AMC (american movie classics) and here is the information that you're looking for (unfortunately, amc doesn't appear to have streaming episodes on their site)
http://www.amctv.com/originals/The-Walking.../where-to-watch
I understand what you mean but I just had a different idea, well, if I was correct, it would have stopped him =D, anyway sorry, for doubting you injected11.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ idonthave: :)