Gaming The end is near.....PAL Wii

The_Cylon_Surfer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
For god damn sake, is there any point in owning a PAL wii? I think we have a choice of 8 games. This is seriously getting to a stupid point now where US owners have a reasonable choice of games & UK owners are left here begging for scapes. The games that have been out in the USA for months are yet to come to UK and in some cases are not even due for release until JULY!! I mean WTF!! do nintendo want us to sell our newly purchased Wii's? Is there any point in owning one? I was looking forward to getting my hands on a Wii for over 12 months, now after the completion of Zelda I am left feeling like my Wii is nothing but a fancey door stop. Is there no way we can get Nintendo to get their thumbs out of their assess this is past a joke!! RELEASE SOME FUCKING GAMES NINTENDO!!!

One very dissapointed Wii owner
frown.gif

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
On the plus side, Excite Truck in 17 days!
smile.gif

Yes PAL is a bad region to be in but you can't do anything about it until a modchip that enables region free comes out. When that happens we'll have the best of both worlds.

pipesfranco

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I feel exaclty the same....reminds of old Skool SNES days, least we could get a convertor to play usa/jap games.

I wanna play metal slug....get a riddle on Ninty

The_Cylon_Surfer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I just cant see the damn problem - why 6 months or more for games that are already in the english language. It is not only stupid but in my eyes very damaging to the company itself. A choice of 10 games is un-acceptable for this long after launch and with games like mario galaxy being pushed back I can only see this console going the way of the ill fated cube. I am now in 2 minds wether to get rid of my Wii while its still worth something. I do agree with the poster who is awaiting a good mod chip solution it may be an answer but the underlying issue is still that in the UK, Nintendo are screwing us. Personally I hope there will be a nice software hack ie firmware hack but still games like DBZ etc should be on the shelves here now - its not going to be long before the novelty of the Wii begins to wear off and shelf space is used to accomidate M$ or even PS3 (shudder at the thought) titles and the Wii dissapears into nothingness - COME ON NINTENDO GET YOUR FOOT OUT OF YA ASS!!!

Its about time us Uk owners set about giveing them a nice BUT forcefull push so that they accomodate this region and its demands.

legendofphil

Phil no Densetsu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Its about time us Uk owners set about giveing them a nice BUT forcefull push so that they accomodate this region and its demands.

This region is PAL and in this region there are alot more languages than English, translations take time. Personally I think some companys do a good job translating games quickly. Nintendo aren't responsible for translating all the games that are out.

Athlon-pv

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Translation dont have to take time at all, Canadian market is partly french as i understand it. Doesnt hold NoC from releasing stuff for ages ?

Most games do well in just english only the disney crap for kiddies might need a translation but that is it.

Could all well be done within the time of developing which is 2 years instead of the end stretch of the last 2 months ....

Nero_

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I agree. Why can't they just release the game in the PAL countries that actually understands English first and then later with versions in those countries that requires their own language. Hopefully a way to play regionfree games will come up soon. Why oh why couldn't they make the console region free to begin with.. Worked to good with the DS..

MaHe

one lazy schmo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Slovenia
I get slightly annoyed by UK people thinking Europe means UK ...
No offence, but we have the same problems in the rest of the Europe as well, so you're not alone.

Darkforce

DERP!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
*Shrugs* PAL Wii owners got Wii Play AND Wario Ware Smooth Moves before the US, so I don't think you're that hard done by at the moment - the only decent games you guys are missing out on are Truama Center, Excitetrucks and maybe Elebits.

If release dates bother you so much you should have just bought a US machine (like I did).
tongue.gif

Elrinth

:Master beyond your imagination:
Trophies
Website
www.elrinth.com
XP
Country
Licensing, translating (and adding to credits
smile.gif
) and going gold all takes time.
Blame the french, germans and italians for delaying games.. They set up these rules to begin with.

And yeah, being a PAL owner kinda sucks... But it's not that bad. You've got plenty of VConsole games to play with
wink.gif

Besides, there aren't any other games worth owning than Disaster, Metroid Prime 3 and Mario Galaxy. They are coming out this year or early next year.
Tho I'm not sure about Disaster.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SugoiEndeavor @ SugoiEndeavor: What's up bakaz