Hardware The effects of banned accounts

Drak0rex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After having my account banned, I've discovered that this has a widespread effect, as any accounts also on the Wii U are unable to access Miiverse, even after deleting the banned account.

This has crossed over to my 3DS, which also shared the same account. After creating a new account from the 3DS, I am still unable to access miiverse. I am curious to know if this is due to being associated with the banned account, or if it has to do with the hardware itself.

If you create a new NNID on a system on which hosted a banned account, and then linked it to a 3DS system that has never been associated with a banned account, would that system become banned by association?

Would formatting the system and using an entirely new NNID allow the use of Miiverse again? I am currently testing this theory now, backing up my 3DS nand and copying it over to a different card. I will then attempt to format that emunand and test it with a new NNID.

I'd like to know if anyone else has experience with this, and what are your findings.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    rvtr @ rvtr: Spam bots again.