Foxi4

Endless Trash
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland

During E3 Sony showcased a trailer for the upcoming new installment in the Uncharted series - Uncharted 4: A Thief's End. Many viewers found it disappointing, as it appeared to be pre-rendered footage which naturally does not represent the game in any shape or form. Here's the scoop: according to Corrinne Yu, one of the game's developers... it's not.

When asked whether the footage was pre-rendered or running in-engine in real-time on Twitter, Corrinne responded:
Corrinne Yu said:
This Uncharted 4 trailer is captured from a real Playstation 4. We just have amazing character artists (...) Our U4 trailer is an in engine real game level running on a real PS4,Paolo.Our trailer doesn't look good enough to be prerender CGI (...) They are in game visuals in 3D captured on a Playstation 4. (...) In engine captured on PS4. The PS4 console is a joy to code, thank you @MarkCernyPS4 and team!
Well... If that's indeed the case, this is a prime example of what is yet to come from current generation systems.

Corrinne Yu is a former Halo 4 principal engine programmer, she joined Naughty Dog last year and is currently working on Uncharted 4 and The Last of Us for the PS4.

EDIT: Naughty Dog also confirms that the trailer is indeed in-engine and runs in real-time... in 1080p resolution at 60 FPS, which are their target resolution and framerate for the game. Their site offers a 1080p at 60FPS version of the trailer, so if you'd like to get as close as possible to how the game will look like, check it out.

:arrow: Source #1 (Twitter)
:arrow: Source #2 (Twitter)
:arrow: Source #3 (Twitter)
:arrow: Source #4 (Twitter)
:arrow: Source #5 (Naughty Dog)

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Uncharted was great on the PS3. Uncharted 2 was great on the PS3. Uncharted 3 wasn't as fun but was still a good time on the PS3. Uncharted: Golden Abyss was one hell of a good time on the Vita, shrinking Uncharted down to a portable size in a fun way.

With that said, Uncharted 4 is sure to be fun, and that's all that matters. I don't care if it's the prettiest game in town or not.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
If this is indeed true and those are the visuals the game will be boasting, I think it just goes to show what can be done on a standardized and optimized system with simplified API's, meaning "a console". You still hear people saying that current gen systems are not a significant improvement over last gen ones or that they're downright underpowered, mostly due to all the multiplatform releases that have to work on last gen systems so by extension they're tying the hands of the developers from the get-go. It would be great if we got to the point where this one game crosses the threshold between the old and the new and shows that it's about damn time to upgrade because happy days are comin'. :yayps3:

D

Dork

If that turns out to be in-game visuals in the final game, that would be fantastic.

As for Uncharted itself, I was never too fond of it. I played the first one and I thought it was too linear for my tastes. Can I expect anything different out of 2 & 3?

Foxi4

Endless Trash
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
If that turns out to be in-game visuals in the final game, that would be fantastic.

As for Uncharted itself, I was never too fond of it. I played the first one and I thought it was too linear for my tastes. Can I expect anything different out of 2 & 3?
They're gradually getting better in my opinion, you should give them another go. From what I understand, 2 gets the most praise. Co-op is especially a lot of fun if you have a split-screen buddy to play with.

D

Dork

They're gradually getting better in my opinion, you should give them another go. From what I understand, 2 gets the most praise. Co-op is especially a lot of fun if you have a split-screen buddy to play with.
I'd really like to play them, but
muh backlog

Reactions: Foxi4

Hyro-Sama

I'm from the fucking future.
Trophies
XP
Country

>Doesn't like linearity in games.
>Likes Final Fantasy XIII

Dark S. pls.

natkoden

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Simple question off the top of my head... have you ever played a single Uncharted game in your life?

Simple question off the top of my head... have you ever played a single real game in your life? Was the PS3 your first console? Or was it the Xbox 360?

Dirty console peasant thinks Uncharted is good.

What's next, CoD?

And yes, played and finished Uncharted 1 through 3. Enough to not get hyped by this.

Reactions: NahuelDS

Foxi4

Endless Trash
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Simple question off the top of my head... have you ever played a single real game in your life? Was the PS3 your first console? Or was it the Xbox 360?

Dirty console peasant thinks Uncharted is good.

What's next, CoD?
No need to resort to insults, it's a genuine question (which you deliberately avoided, so I'll take that as a "no") EDIT: Seems like you have responded now.

Chances are that I was playing video games back when you were a twinkle in your father's eye, but that's besides the point. You can call Uncharted anything but a "generic shooter" unless your definition of "generic shooter" includes puzzles, treasure hunting, hand-to-hand combat, stealth elements etc. - shooting is prominent in the games, but it's just one of their many elements. The genre you're looking for is "third-person action adventure". Going by your logic, Legend of Zelda games are Hack 'n Slash games because you slash things with a sword. I guess a game's not a real game unless it has the Nintendo logo on it, duly noted, Nintenatkoden. :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/381r8gSxP0Y?si=x1xS_cr0puutjn3S