The Downfall of The Flashkarts

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by hafzul.bhuiyan, Sep 20, 2009.

Sep 20, 2009
  1. hafzul.bhuiyan
    OP

Newcomer hafzul.bhuiyan Member

United States
    lately nintendo has been trying its best to shut down all flash karts and illegal game playing . could this be the end?? could this be the downfall of nds rom usage??

Example- 1. the DSi 1.4 Firmware
    2. Mario & Luigi : Bowser's Inside Story (USA) rom
    3. Nintendo's anti-piracy campaign (sums it all up)

IS WII NEXT????!!!!!

2. metal01

Member metal01 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Nintendo may get the upperhand for a while but there are some smart people out there, There are already wasy around the 1.4 firmware for most people that I know of.

3. BoxShot

Member BoxShot Chiyo-chan :3

United States
    Some hackers are smarter than Ninty. [​IMG] Downfall hardly more like a stand up by Ninty to stop us. In no ways can they stop us from using older roms.

4. syko5150

Member syko5150 GBAtemp Syko!

United States
    the Age of Piracy is still in it's beginnings ever since people started pirating music...then movies...now games...this is only the beginning, the Age of Piracy will continue for a long time to come as long as there is something left to be hacked/downloaded pirates will only increase in numbers.

5. Rainy

Member Rainy GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    True, but still sad.

6. syko5150

United States
    i blame companies for getting too greedy for money so they raise prices thats when people start pirating products especially with how bad the economy is people cant afford to go out and spend all kinds of money on music,movies and games so they just do the easy thing and download them all it costs is the monthly internet bill which for most people is the cost of a single DVD or maybe even as much as a DS game lol.

7. Eerpow

Member Eerpow *swoosh*

Sweden
    Wii huh?
    Well my question is...
    Did they block the Twilight-Hack on purpose?
    I think they know what they're doing.
    Nintendo HATES Pirates.

8. Rainy

Member Rainy GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    Obviously they did.

9. Eerpow

Member Eerpow *swoosh*

Sweden
    Yes... [​IMG]

10. syko5150

United States
    Regardless if Nintendo knows what they're doing or not as BoxShot stated there are a lot of hackers who are smarter then anyone at Nintendo if they block a way to hack a Wii hackers will just find another alternative.Nintendo can try all they want for now the only system that's safe is probably PS3 at least for now anyway but eventually some genius hacker will ruin Sony as well haha.

11. Eerpow

Member Eerpow *swoosh*

Sweden
    Yes... [​IMG]

12. Psyfira

Member Psyfira Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue

United Kingdom
    I think you need a history lesson; game piracy dates back to the 70s. If anything, that shows how resourceful the community can be.

13. Raika

Member Raika uguu

Antarctica
    No way, it's not the downfall yet. As Nintendo comes up with more anti-piracy measures, hackers would come up with more measures to counter them.

14. syko5150

United States
    there's a HUGE difference between a small group of people who were pirating games back then.Sure smaller companies were getting hurt by it but the bigger more successful companies could care less at the time...now a days MILLIONS of people are pirating games even people who have absolutely no knowledge of anything...all you have to do now a days is jump on the internet ask a few questions/read a few threads on forums and your set to steal thousands of dollars worth of games(per person).before the internet piracy wasn't even a big deal and only people who really knew what they were doing could even do it and the people who didn't know still had to pay a price to get it maybe not as much as the real copies but still had to pay money to the people creating the copies. People love to do things they aren't supposed to its human nature...but seriously piracy didn't become a HUGE problem til this decade yes it got kind of bad during the PS1 era but there were still too many people who didn't know about putting a chip in your ps1 to play illegal copies of games so Sony was still making a lot of money from the people who didn't know...now its like everyone and their mother(literally) can just download any game they want order a flash cart,find a store that will mod a wii for you(most computer stores will do it for you if you're quiet about it) if you don't know how to do it yourself so that's why i said this is the Age of Piracy right now this the past decade has been where companies are getting hit hard money wise.

15. ca_michelbach

Member ca_michelbach GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    If games weren't so ridiculously priced maybe so many people wouldn't want to pirate the games...i mean who's gonna pay £40 for a game when they can spend 50p on the disc and put in a bit of labour and get the same result

16. DSGamer64

Member DSGamer64 Canadian, Eh?

Canada
    How can flash cards be on the downfall when they have become the most simplistic devices in the world to use? They were so much of a pain in the ass to use several years ago but the DS and nanotechnology have provided gamers with small mass storage devices.

17. DeltaBurnt

Member DeltaBurnt I'm bored

United States
    This is most definitely NOT the end of flashcarts at all. If you would have noticed almost all the blocks you mentioned were bypassed within a couple weeks of them being put into place.

It's a cat and mouse game and the mice will ALWAYS win. Nintendo has hired a select set of developers that they have to pay meaning they are limited, hackers will always win because there's millions of them and they do it because they want to.

18. yikkyon

Member yikkyon GBAtemp Regular

United States
    It's the end just yet...
    It's only the beginning of the end!
    The anti-piracy nintendo added to their games makes some flashcarts obsolete forcing pirates to go to newer carts for solutions
    And then they put us into a corner by making all pirates use Acekard 2i or M3zero then they pick us out one by one
    And they shut down those companies for good....

It's all part of their plan [​IMG]

19. BAHIM Z 360

Member BAHIM Z 360 B-but I'm not a new member :(

Bahrain
    noway thats not gonna happen [​IMG]

20. DeltaBurnt

Member DeltaBurnt I'm bored

United States
    Even if they do successfully shut down the flashcart companies and stop all flashcarts (which I highly doubt) there will still be people hacking the DSi to unlock DSi Mode.

Trust me Nintendo will never win, hackers will always prevail. It's always like this.