jazvdb

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I probably dont knw what im talking about.... but anyways

And those who dont know what im talking about... Just search “dolphin emulator”

how far do u think this emulator will go? I mean, seriously, it emulates the wii and is actually able to play some retail games AND its resolution can go up to 720p...
That is some major achievment.. Do u possibly think, in the future, this will outdo th wii (maybe)

Does this show that the Wii is ”weak”?

Also last thing, is it possible to make the wii go hd, by just messing with software, or is it a hardaware thing?

Mr_Boo_Berry

Ghost
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You'd need a pretty good PC to achieve reasonable framerates. Probably cheaper just to buy the Wii!
tongue.gif

drmarvin

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
HD for the console is a hardware issue. There is no way to make the console HD with the existing hardware. From what I understand, as with any emulation, you need a far more powerful computer than the actual hardware to make it effective. Lets be honest, if you want a Wii now, you might as well pick one up for $200 now.

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
King Of Chaos said:
You'd need a pretty good PC to achieve reasonable framerates. Probably cheaper just to buy the Wii!
tongue.gif

I get pretty good fps with a core 2 duo 2.3GHZ 3GB RAM and a 8800GT 512mb

and trust me, its more than playable

i do admit that wii games are slightly choppy sometimes, but Gamecube emulation is bang on the spot.

but considering the price drop of the wii, there is no more reason not to own one...still no wii here
dry.gif

Mr_Boo_Berry

Ghost
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, the main issue with Dolphin for most people is; Super Smash Bros Brawl will crash at random and you can only use the PAL version of the game.

G0dLiKe

who needs a title ;)
Trophies
Website
db.tt
XP
Country
United States
I am trying all games first on Dolphin b4 burning them... so I am using the emu on my Mac Pro(8 Core, 2,9Ghz, 2Gb Ram, Nvidia Geforce 8800GT 512 Mb Ram) and I have to say its not perfect, possibly one need a 1,5Gb GFX and 8 Gb Ram to operate it like a real Wii...

But for testing if the game is working or not, its ok.

drmarvin

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Bladexdsl said:
wrong section and which do you think i would prefer?
play wii games on a 21" computer moniter OR a 60" plasma. ???
These days, if you have the right vid card (most have DVI ( and TV's do too)), you can play on your 60" plasma too.

Mr_Boo_Berry

Ghost
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
synt4x_3rr0r said:
King Of Chaos said:
Well, the main issue with Dolphin for most people is; Super Smash Bros Brawl will crash at random and you can only use the PAL version of the game.

Why is this so bad?
Because there's a bunch of people who downloaded the NTSC version only to find out that it's not supported by Dolphin. Even with the PAL version it's not easy getting full speed.

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's bad for people like me who have a legit copy of Barlw that I was able to easily rip with a USB Loader, only to find that I'd have to somehow acquire a PAL version instead. If at all possible I'd rather not spend the time downloading something that big.

computerboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
jazvdb said:
Does this show that the Wii is ”weak”?

No, because when they made the emulator most of the Wii hardware ressembled the Gamecube hardware so they already had a head start cause they were already working on a GC emulator

luigiman1928

Most original Custom Title
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anybody who's Dolphin is slow. Your computor Sucks. ( No offense) Here are some tips to help your Dolphin work like a boss. Try and enable Dual Core ( if your Cpu has dual core like mine) Always check for updates on the Emulator. Chanes are theres a better one that emulates waay better. TURN OFF SOUND. I always have to turn off sound when playing my games around my Family (TV).
If any of these tips have already been post, too bad. You were reminded. And Keylogger: Nice.
cool.gif
*gives High-Five*

zlac

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Yeah, and Metroid Prime looks AMAZING on 42" Full HD LCD TV, too bad it still has slowdowns (quad core 3.0GHz and 8800GT, few moths ago, maybe it's fine now, dunno)...

not my picture(s), but take a look at them!
smile.gif

34eoj6c.jpg

HD brawl and zelda with 4xAA:

Brawl1HD.png

LinkHD.png

Now only if someone would make a Wii hack where games look after this (after you solder some stuff in and dip it all in liquid nitrogen)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/eJV6GaIEgd4?si=ciLPnlhfd7XcrxQn