Hacking The Disc could not be read on every game

stevoal

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Everytime I put in a game it comes up with this message... What is wrong is it the wii or the discs cos I use verbs 16x dvd-r

harmor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
stevoal said:
Everytime I put in a game it comes up with this message... What is wrong is it the wii or the discs cos I use verbs 16x dvd-r
What is the serial number on the bottom of your Wii?
Newer Wiis have a new chip (D3-2 I believe) which stops burnt discs from loading.

Are you sure you installed DVDx?
If so then download MPlayer CE and get a burnt movie that you know works in a DVD player.
Test the movie with MPlayer CE.

blitzer320

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what speed are you burning the games at its supposed to be at lower than 8 or 6x i burn at 4x it gets less reliable as you go higher

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
blitzer320 said:
what speed are you burning the games at its supposed to be at lower than 8 or 6x i burn at 4x it gets less reliable as you go higher
That was proven as wrong long ago
burning speed depends on your burner (and media)
some people have the best results with high speeds

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
tattar8 said:
Try reinstalling your cIOS (we're up to rev28 now)
I missed 10 releases in 1 day?
ohmy.gif

sudeki300

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
my friends wii had this that i softmodded, resolved it by tweaking the laser pots. look for a tutorial on this forum or the net. if your not sure you can do it don't try as you will ruin your drive. it needs to be taken apart.......................sudeki300

Quincy

Your own personal guitarist :3
Trophies
Website
youtek.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
stevoal said:
so is it the cios or is it the drive?
Its the drive, I fixed the same problem just today

What you want to do is to take the wii apart, plug the drive out, disconnect everything that on the drive by ribbons, remove the black tape , take the metal clip off makig sure that you DONT bend it now, there are 2 holes, one with a screw and one with...basicly nothing, make sure you have the MULTIMETER within reach, turn the multimeter on to 2000 Ohms, place one end of the multimeter on the pin above the screw and the other on one of the below pins of the screw, this should show some numbers between 400 - 1000(mine was 950), turn the screw very little counterclockwise and see if the Ohms are 590-610, if not continue turning the screw very little.

Thats how i did it.

Edit: Find the multimeter at any DIY store if you dont have one;) Lended mine from school;)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/3eGAHfC5P-Y?si=Fo3iEl1pZ4D_O6dp +1