The different WiiU game's formats, and how to convert them

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by okeribok, Nov 17, 2016.

1. Aglae Pheryl

Aglae Pheryl GBAtemp Fan

Feb 25, 2014
    France
    Thanks again. JNUSTool seems to be a tool to download games (not what I was looking for).
    NUSPacker with the proper arguments generate what seems to be the correct files (.app ; .h3, cert...).

Any risk for us to install the game we used to install Haxchi? (We installed using Zelda Spirit Tracks or phantom hourglass... I'm not too sure I'll need to double check)

Again thanks for the patience.

2. Aglae Pheryl

Aglae Pheryl GBAtemp Fan

Feb 25, 2014
    France
    Whooops something went wrong. The VC games I converted using NUSPacker all launch up to some title screen but it hangs from there. What could I have forgotten? is this something related to the encryption key?

[Edit] Otherwise, could ther been some sort of tool like JNUSTool to allow the downloading of VC titles directly in the right format to work with the GX2 installer ?

Last edited by Aglae Pheryl, Aug 29, 2018
  3. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    Last edited by Cyan, Sep 3, 2018
    Aglae Pheryl likes this.
  4. Aglae Pheryl

Aglae Pheryl GBAtemp Fan

Feb 25, 2014
    France
    I actually tried FunkiU and this is exactly what I needed. It does get the job done in the correct format all by itself. Files can be installed by Wupinstaller right away.
    The gui addon makes it very simple for old farts like me.
    Thanks so much for all your help.

Cyan likes this.
  5. morpheous

morpheous GBAtemp Regular

Apr 2, 2009
    United States
    The tools in this post isn't specific enough on what tools does what. i am trying to convert app. usb game files, in my case nintendo DS & N64 games in app format to loadiine format of use in loadiine-GX being ran from SD Card.

Which tool posted does this?

6. unvaluablespace

unvaluablespace GBAtemp Regular

Aug 3, 2014
    United States
    I have a few questions. These are all considering to be used in cemu emulator, as I sold my Wii u awhile ago:

1) I have several wud images. Can updates/dlc be injected into these somehow, or if not, can I decrypt, copy dlc/updates to the appropriate folders, and then recreate the wud image, so I have a fully updated game in wud format?

2) I also have several decrypted games, containing multiple folders in the "loading" structure. Can these also be updated/dlc and create a wud for them, so the result is effectively similar to my first question?

3) can I create a fully decrypted wud/iso/whatever that would still work in cemu? Or does the image HAVE to be encrypted?

For info, I still have the common key and game keys from before I sold my WiiU, which I sold because I knew I'd later be able to play them on cemu once it got better.

7. nelo_inc

nelo_inc Member

Newcomer
    Feb 27, 2017
    Portugal
    Hi, i have a doubt, maybe @Cyan can help out.I usually use Wiiu Usb Helper to get the games and install via Wup installer, i want to convert this type of game format to Loadliine format,
    is there an easy way to achieve that?Thanks.

8. xs4all

xs4all GBAtemp Fan

Jun 9, 2008
    Australia
    There is an option within WiiU USB Helper to convert the files to Loadiine, just RIGHT click on the game you want to convert to Loadiine and select the "Unpack (Loadiine)" option.

This may happen to you, if you can't remember where you set the set the extraction directory, simply RIGHT click on the button that says "Set extraction directory", this will take you to the output folder where it extracted the files to Loadiine or LEFT click to set a new output folder before converting.

nelo_inc likes this.
  9. nelo_inc

nelo_inc Member

Newcomer
    Feb 27, 2017
    Portugal

Thanks for helping out @xs4all .If it's not too much can you teach me how to do the reverse,from Loadliine format to a folder ready to install via Wup Installer?
    Can it be done via WiiU Usb helper?

I'm trying to get the undub Xenoblade X, but it's not easy!

10. Cyan

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    Last edited by Cyan, Feb 11, 2019
  11. GuyInDogSuit

GuyInDogSuit Your friendly neighborhood guy in a dog suit.

Aug 1, 2008
    United States
    Antelope, CA
    I'm trying to convert a "code/content/meta" (loadiine?) format to "app" (wup installer) format. What's the best way to do this? The game is Xenoblade Chronicles X and it's really big. NUSPacker?

12. Cyan

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    I think NUSPacker is the only existing app to do it.
    I hope it'll work fine, like you said it's a big game and I don't know if there are any issues or size limit. let us know once you tried.
    If I remember correctly nuspacker can detect the needed data (TitleID, etc.) using the meta and xml files, so it shouldn't be too hard to repack.

13. GuyInDogSuit

GuyInDogSuit Your friendly neighborhood guy in a dog suit.

Aug 1, 2008
    United States
    Antelope, CA
    Seems that's way to go, as the "uncensor/undub" mod thread lists that as one of the steps to convert it to an installable format.

14. RareKirby

RareKirby GBAtemp Fan

Mar 1, 2011
    United States
    any way to turn it back to a wud??

15. link42586

link42586 GBAtemp Fan

May 9, 2018
    United States
    I have A black ops II disc image I believe. WUD file. And it's huge with just A key file. How do I turn it into A .app file like what I use to get with the windows program and install it to my home menu like everything else I have? Also it's too big to put on an sd card as it's just one big file with a small key file.

16. nexusmtz

nexusmtz GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 17, 2016
    United States
    Not sure what you're asking that hasn't already been answered. I prefer wud2app and jwudtool.

17. link42586

link42586 GBAtemp Fan

May 9, 2018
    United States
    Which is easier to use to break that blops 2 game down to fit on a fat32 sd card so i can install it on the usb stick i got. Its too big to just put on the sd card and install that way with the 4gb limit.

18. nexusmtz

nexusmtz GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 17, 2016
    United States
    Probably wud2app, if you don't already have java.
    WUD2App (wudump thread)

Both programs extract the app files from the WUD. None of the app files will be larger than 4GB.

19. nowpearl

nowpearl Member

Newcomer
    Aug 5, 2019
    Brazil
    Indaiatuba, Brasil
    Friend, it is possible to create an installer to modify game files, in which case it would be to apply WiiU game translation.