The different WiiU game's formats, and how to convert them

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by okeribok, Nov 17, 2016.

1. Maxx0911

Maxx0911 Newbie

Dec 26, 2017
    Someone needs to instruct me, i cant figure out how to use wud2app. I got the game in wud format, open_cmd.bat, wud2app.exe and the common key and game key in text form. what do i do now?
  2. Argonitious

Argonitious Advanced Member

Oct 29, 2011
    United States
    Before doing this, make sure you have the correct common key. It should start with D7B. (I obviously can't provide the entire key. That would be... problematic. ;))

There is a trick to using those keys. Wud2app does not work directly with keys in text form. They need to be in raw data. You can do that pretty easily with a hex editor. Use an online hex editor like In the online hex editor, choose "new file". Now, copy your key in text form. Don't paste yet. In the online hex editor, click on the blank area that has a small "+" symbol on it right next to the 00000000. Press control + v to paste. A window will pop up. The window will have a drop down box that says "binary data/text". Change it to "hexadecimal values". Now press apply. Your key is now in the proper format, so press "export" to save your key file.

Do the same for both your common key and your game key, and you will be good to go! :yayu:
  3. eskinner3742

eskinner3742 Advanced Member

Feb 21, 2016
    United States
    Very nice work. Glad this got stickied