XP
Country
United States

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Oh I saw about "Ace attorney" and gave a big step back before reading ...
This game is something that was very exaggerated.. I mean , it for "ERBS M" players right? so why the necessity of making it too "understandable for the other culture" that changing the place to Los Angeles was really necessary?(even if it for kids, idk why this could not be keept as japan :P) I think MATURE gamers would be open to understand " oh it's obvious made in japan and take place there " ... since even a lot of cartoons/movies that take place in somewhere that wasn't where it was produced.. so why his too much care?

and other BIG problem of "localization" is that it don't affect only the country that it was made but the other! I mean .. pokemon as example, all other languages are made by the english version, this is even why they changed character and pokemon names in another countries, to don't be like the other localization (and stating again from the japanese at the start world be a lot of work so :P) , and some other languages (like Spanish) it's not even changed at all, so "charmander" that suit the USA well players don't have the same effect to the spanish players, unless they know english :P
And other problem is that other countries don't have it at all, like me (Brazil), so, my personal thought is that , if the game isn't in my language, why do I have to take something that aren't "made for my understanding" unless I have some knowledge about language and culture, aren't the same did on the original, but something they changed?

Other example that these aren't necessary at all is for how the USA comics are translated here nowadays (in old times they were adapted but now they are very close to the original) like the last I read was " Y the last man". let's make the points: It happen in USA, there a LOT of reference, jokes and everything that are made for the native readers (like Ace attorney I guess? :P), so they kept a lot of then, like talking about celebrities, old usa stuff and all, but they made a note explaining that on an last page... one that I don't forget is about "sugar, spice and everything good", I had no idea that it was a children songs that where leached on schools there, for all Brazilian "without this knowing" and thing that it would be a reference to powerpuffgirls, because nobody know that PPG was a reference to that as well, and explaining that was nice because gave me a new knowing, they could just let it in blank or just change to some joke everybody would understand but maybe not affect in the same way :P so it's very relative ... changing culture isn't nice and sometime (like inazuma elven) looks more like xenophobia than localization :/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    South Park is great cause they always touch on relavent issues going on today, and make something funny out of it.
    +3
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa were you always up to date on the current events and issues of the time or were there issues that you first found out thru south park
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Most of the time yea I knew, I watch and read the news regularly, but sometimes the Hollywood BS stuff, like concerning actors slip by me. I don't follow most Hollywood BS (example: the Kardasians)
    +2
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa there were relevant issues before south park was made, that's why i think a south park prequel/spinoff would be great. Randy and his friends in their child hood
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, like them running in high school together, getting into stuff, and how they got hitched and had kids. And how the town of South Park was back then compared to now. That would be cool to see.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @salazarcosplay if they made a prequel, it would still be about current issues, cause it doesn't make sense to make it about stuff that happened 30 years ago that nobody cares about anymore
    it's too late
    the older south park episodes about particular issues usually age poorly since the topic is no longer relevant
    an exception is giant douche vs turd sandwich, that's always relevant :P
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I was gone for like an hour and none of you thought to write or call pos
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    We knew you were going to Sonic to get lunch.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sonics fast I would've been home in 10 mins
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Meet and greet with AncientBoi then?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That would've gone slow he's old
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sadly the person in question feels too young for his own good
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We don't question people
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    me neither, i just bash them
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We just question @AncientBoi
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Make sure you smack my booty daddy +1