Hacking The Definitive Guide to Wii U Hacking

annoyingcalc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cannot get NNU Patcher working on any site, it crashes. Could someone help me out? 5.4.0U spoofed to 5.5.1. I have used NNU twice successfully, but the website I used has gone offline, and I can't get any other site loading NNU Patcher. All other hacks work

Pecrow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cannot get NNU Patcher working on any site, it crashes. Could someone help me out? 5.4.0U spoofed to 5.5.1. I have used NNU twice successfully, but the website I used has gone offline, and I can't get any other site loading NNU Patcher. All other hacks work
I had a similar issue, but with loadline.I discovered that deleting the cache works, but in one ocation I checked the SD card and found a config file for loadliine, i deleted itand it worked with new sites again. d

annoyingcalc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, that didn't work. I get an add crash though. (I got it before as well). It is halfway between the old and new page, both the video controls and hack selection page are visible, frozen. @Pecrow

Last edited by annoyingcalc,

someonewhy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I was reading how to install the Loadiine but it says "
Firmware Version Required:
but my wii U is 5.4.0 can i still process doing the guide?

FoxMcloud5655

GBATemp Developer
Trophies
Website
foxmcloud.net
XP
Country
United States
5.4.0 is unsupported, but that doesn't mean that you can't use the hacks. Someone else who has more experience would be better suited to answer that question, but just know that it is possible.

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mentioned a page back that I'm in the process of updating the guide. You can use the current Kernel Exploit and Loadiine GX2 (find the thread for it for now) on 5.4.0.

dragnmastr85

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mentioned a page back that I'm in the process of updating the guide. You can use the current Kernel Exploit and Loadiine GX2 (find the thread for it for now) on 5.4.0.

Thanks for what you do five. I've been watching this thread since the 5.4 has been broken and instead of experimenting on my wii u, Ive been waiting for updates to your guide since it is so well done. Keep it up :)

Reactions: fiveighteen

tornadog

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont know wtf happened today. I came home and my son was playing mario kart 8 which was already installed on the wii u when I bought it. He asked me to load Lego Avengers for him. So I opened the browser, went to the homebru url, clicked Exploit and my screen just glitched with artifacts. Tried a few times, same result. First time I am seeing this. Usually it is race exploit failed and it will go to the system settings, and from there I can close and open browser and try again. But this is new behavior. What could have changed?

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OP Updated:
- Added Loadiine GX2 to DefinitivePackage-20160208.zip (Password: wiiu)
- Added "Exploits" thread section in "Which threads should I keep an eye on?" section
- Added Splatoon USA and EUR to "Which games have reprints" section (it doesn't have a reprint but it's there for users to match their disc to so they know they'll go to 5.3.2)
- Added bundle information for the Wii U Party bundle on 4.0.0E (Thanks @Cava)
- Removed tools from the DefinitivePackage. I'm still debating whether I want to include tools or make a separate DefinitiveTools zip to download. Thoughts?

Inside the DefinitivePackage you will find a folder called PlaceContentsOnSDRoot. That's all you need to do, and otherwise use as normal. Also make sure you have your game folders renamed as described in the Loadiine GX2 thread. There are still plenty of changes to come in the OP, but I wanted to get a new package out for those who were waiting for Loadiine GX2. :)

To Do:
- Edit "Decryption" section
- Edit "Loadiine" section
- Edit other sections as I revisit them
- Add tools (The new NUSGrabber GUI, U_Tility, JNUSTool)
- Add GBA Injection method
- Change VC RAM injection to Loadiine VC injection
- Others?

EDIT: With Loadiine GX2, I got Race Attack Failed twice, restarted the Wii U, got it once more, and then it worked... but if it's not working AT ALL, try renaming from "loadiine-gx2-elf" to "loadiine-gx2" in the main index.html. One is apparently the elf-loader (default for speed), the second is just a normal hosted web version. You will also have to go to gametbd.com and find/download your own covers, and place them on your SD card at SD:/wiiu/apps/loadiine_gx2/covers3d/

Last edited by fiveighteen,

tornadog

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OP Updated:
- Added Loadiine GX2 to DefinitivePackage-20160208.zip (Password: wiiu)
- Added "Exploits" thread section in "Which threads should I keep an eye on?" section
- Added Splatoon USA and EUR to "Which games have reprints" section (it doesn't have a reprint but it's there for users to match their disc to so they know they'll go to 5.3.2)
- Added bundle information for the Wii U Party bundle on 4.0.0E (Thanks @Cava)
- Removed tools from the DefinitivePackage. I'm still debating whether I want to include tools or make a separate DefinitiveTools zip to download. Thoughts?

Inside the DefinitivePackage you will find a folder called PlaceContentsOnSDRoot. That's all you need to do, and otherwise use as normal. Also make sure you have your game folders renamed as described in the Loadiine GX2 thread. There are still plenty of changes to come in the OP, but I wanted to get a new package out for those who were waiting for Loadiine GX2. :)

To Do:
- Edit "Decryption" section
- Edit "Loadiine" section
- Edit other sections as I revisit them
- Add tools (The new NUSGrabber GUI, U_Tility, JNUSTool)
- Add GBA Injection method
- Change VC RAM injection to Loadiine VC injection
- Others?

EDIT: With Loadiine GX2, I got Race Attack Failed twice, restarted the Wii U, got it once more, and then it worked... but if it's not working AT ALL, try renaming from "loadiine-gx2-elf" to "loadiine-gx2" in the main index.html. One is apparently the elf-loader (default for speed), the second is just a normal hosted web version. You will also have to go to gametbd.com and find/download your own covers, and place them on your SD card at SD:/wiiu/apps/loadiine_gx2/covers3d/

How does the new new loadiine work. I get a screen with dancing balls but nothing on it....

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
would you have a git repo for the definitivepackage?
What would the purpose of this be?

How does the new new loadiine work. I get a screen with dancing balls but nothing on it....
Read and follow the Loadiine GX2 thread that is linked to. Your game folders on your SD card need to be renamed for the games to show up.

annoyingcalc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, that didn't work. I get an add crash though. (I got it before as well). It is halfway between the old and new page, both the video controls and hack selection page are visible, frozen. @Pecrow
For anyone in the future who has this issue, solve it by downloading the mp4 version of NNU (I downloaded mine from exploit.wiiubrew.net/540/nnus/nnus.mp4) To save it, open the above Url and hit Ctrl+S on your keyboard. Then self host it

Miquel0123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You guys think updating to 5.5.1 would change very much the situation? (I'm 5.5.0) I want to play smash online with the DLC. Thanks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COua5q4CByg