Tutorial The Definitive Guide to prevent YLOD

YOUCANTSTOPME

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Do you mean that the fan is loud from spinning very fast, or is there an issue with it like it is squeaky? The Slim PS3s from my experience have been very quiet. Perhaps it is filled with dust?

Reactions: depaul

depaul

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yes. After not using PS3 for years I find it now loud in general. When the fan is spinning fast it gets even much louder.

So I'll first try to clean the fan. I don't know if there is a method or some 3rd party fans that are quieter than original ones. Thanks.

ibroxgaz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Part 1 Mine still works so not the thermal paste(though rather loudly)
Part 2 see part 1
point of view if these consoles are still working in 2020 do we need this advice

CORE

3:16
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It can happen to Slims but not as bad so a Thermal Paste replacement and Fan modification can prevent it as far as I am aware not sure about Super Slims.

They do produce less heat but if the CPU is anything like earlier models then it is ticking time bomb and just a matter of when.

omarq8

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Kuwait
Yes. After not using PS3 for years I find it now loud in general. When the fan is spinning fast it gets even much louder.

So I'll first try to clean the fan. I don't know if there is a method or some 3rd party fans that are quieter than original ones. Thanks.

try to buy 19 blade fan and put cooper on the rsx and cpu like that video

Turdmuffin1016

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just bought a ps3, I turned it on and over the period of like 5 min the fan goes full blast. I replaced the thermal paste but it didn't help anything. Any help to fix this would be great. Thx!

Necron

Lurking~
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
I just bought a ps3, I turned it on and over the period of like 5 min the fan goes full blast. I replaced the thermal paste but it didn't help anything. Any help to fix this would be great. Thx!
I don't think this is the exact place to ask, but depends on the model. A fat PS3 tends to be a lot louder no matter what. Does it have webman or something like that installed? that one usually makes fans go about 90%, which is really loud. If not, I'd install it and set it so it doesn't go over 65ºC/149F or so under load.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    KenniesNewName @ KenniesNewName: US $54.12 34%OFF | RetroScaler Replacement Plastic Shell Translucent Case Compatible Nintendo...