The Deer Hunter

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by Harpuia, Apr 14, 2008.

1. Harpuia
    OP

Harpuia GBAtemp Fan

Jun 6, 2007
    United States
    My House
    I had to watch a Vietnam movie for US History extra credit, so I watched this. DAMN it was depressing.

Anyone else seen it? I know, pretty random topic, but I can't help but talk about it after seeing it. The way they developed the characters and then have everything thrown at them was well done [​IMG]

2. Bob Evil

Bob Evil The Department of Home-Made Insecurity

Sep 27, 2006
    Out of the corner of your eye
    It's a legendary film.

3. azotyp

azotyp GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 19, 2007
    Poland
    Poland
    I have played Deer Avenger pc game [​IMG]

4. GizmoDuck

GizmoDuck GBAtemp Regular

Oct 14, 2007
    United States
    I have not, but am planning to watch it. I think Christopher Walken was nominated for an Oscar for his role in the film. He is one of my favorite actors. [​IMG]

5. Szyslak

Szyslak Nudibranch Lover

Oct 31, 2006
    United States
    NY
    I've seen it a couple times now. I think it's a masterpiece, and a very interesting glimpse into the darkness that can inhabit a man's soul after taking part in a war.

Don't think of it as depressing. Think of it as dark, but enlightening. Think of it as a window into the lives of many men haunted by the same depression. Think of it as a metaphor for how every veteran deals with that experience in their own way.

Kudos for taking on such a big chunk of meat for an extra credit assignment. Forest Gump would have been a little lighter fare. [​IMG]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice