1. 1,587

Front-page

Until Dawn developer Supermassive Games has announced the release date of the second part of its new series, The Dark Pictures Anthology. Last August saw the release of the first entry, the Man of Medan, which was available on Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC. This new game, titled Little Hope, focuses on the story of a professor and their four college students, who are trapped in a haunted town--previously the grounds for many Witch trials--and have to find a way out. According to the team behind the game, inspiration has been taken from other media, such as Hellraiser, Blair Witch, The Omen, and more. It'll be launching on October 30th, just in time for Halloween.

2. Discussion (8 replies)

3. leon315

leon315 POWERLIFTER

Italy
    I have one question to anyone who played ''the Man of Medan'':
    are all those ghosts REAL?

gameboy likes this.
  4. MajinCubyan

MajinCubyan The Funky Super Saiyan

United States
    I had not heard of this but I'm a huge horror fan so I'm greatly interested. Gonna have to check out the first one asap.

I like the premise of this one, reminds me of a Savage Worlds campaign I've been working on.

5. hau77

hau77 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    THEY ALL ILLUSIONS

gameboy likes this.
  6. wurstpistole

wurstpistole GBAtemp MVP

United Kingdom
    Well, Man of Medan was poorly executed gameplay-wise. I played it in coop with some beers so it was okay, but I wouldn't have stood through it on my own. The whole gameplay was just so mediocre. Let's see if Little Hope upgrades that. If it's the same engine, I'm afraid it's gonna suck again.

gameboy likes this.
  7. Goku1992A

Goku1992A GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Looks interesting I guess my question is the gameplay going to be like TLOU or will it be free roam line Resident Evil.

8. gameboy

gameboy GBAtemp Addict

United States
    i liked Until Dawn and Man of Medan, but I figured out Man of Medan right away and the story was DUMB. Also Detroit Become Human (quantic dreams) shows the structure of how these games should have story trees so you dont have to dig around looking for stuff when these games have UN-skippable cutscenes.

hopefully Little Hope isnt a dumb story either

Last edited by gameboy, Jul 9, 2020
  9. Nollog

Nollog GBAtemp Addict

Ireland
    I thought the general feeling after man of Medan was that it wasn't any good.
    Crazy that they're charging people so much for these short, boring, repetitive, gameplay undivergent, youtuber/streamer games.
    When they first announced the game I was expecting one game with 2+ stories inside it, not seperate games.

10. Rafciu

Rafciu Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Poland
    Loved until dawn for long cool story. For me it was game had very fresh feel in video games genre. I like this type of gameplay, when man of madan was announced i was very happy for possibility to play it in coop and to have until dawn feels with my friends. But when i realised that i can be completed in less than 4 hours i decided to not buy it with full price. Im afraid that Little hope will be similiar to man of madan because its part of Dark pictures games. I still want to play these games but u think best option is to buy them all in one bundle, complete edition etc. on sale.

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Anthology, Pictures, October