The Daily Mother 3 translation appeal

Discussion in 'GBA - Game Development, ROM Hacks and Translations' started by Taras, Jul 26, 2006.

Jul 26, 2006
  1. Taras
    OP

Member Taras I'm Not Hating, I'm Just Sayin'

United States
    Yes, I know they're working on it, yes I know we need to be patient, yes I know most of us didn't lift a finger to help the project, yes we are very thankful people are doing this for the GBA community, yes I know I'm a jackass.

All that being said, now where is the patch. They had one chapter to go on 7/4. Now it's three weeks later and I'm dyin' over here. I check the page every day only to be taunted by non-updates. Let's do the right thing and gripe on forums until we get our way.

2. miniCooperS

Member miniCooperS Advanced Member

United States
    So what you're saying is we should go bug the hell out of them until we get our way?

I've got a better idea. Shut up and wait.

3. Taras
    OP

United States
    7-26 blog entry:

This sucks. Can I get an "amen"?

4. Squiffy

Member Squiffy GBATemp's Little Embarrassment

Ireland
    They said they would only release it when its 100% complete, so go do something else.

5. fatfrank

Member fatfrank GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Taras, i can feel your pain... i check that page daily too, sometimes two times a day... but it's sad we have to wait... let's pray tonight is the night, if not, i'll have to do something else i guess, like play trough phoenix wright again [​IMG]

6. Taras
    OP

United States
    I did. But the neighbors said any more provokation of that sort will result in civil action. [​IMG]

7. Taras
    OP

United States
    Amen brother. Except for me, substitute Phoenix Wright for an Apple 2E emulator running 2400AD and pretending that I live in a futuristic police state. Oh, wait...

8. lastdual

lastdual Newbie

"...now where is the patch?"

Give me a break, it hasn't been that long at all. There are about a gazillion other RPGs that have been translated which you could be playing in the meantime (AGTP recently released the updated patch for Rudra, and it's a huge improvement). And if you were really that hot about Mother 3, why not simply use the text translations available and play through it? That might sound like a pain, but it's better than bugging the translation team.

9. beedog19

Member beedog19 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I'm still mad that nintendo didn't find us westerners worthy of their game. Damnit nintendo i would even go out and buy it. Sure hope the rumored us release of an english earthbound compilation for ds comes to fruitition.

10. Taras
    OP

United States
    Bugging the translation team? They're already working on it and 99+% through apparently. They went on record with the project, it's not like I'm asking them to translate a sucky title that nobody wants: Street Can Collector Japan DS for instance.

I don't know what Rudra is and I don't care. It's probably teh ghey anime. I could play yu gi oh on gba also, but guess what. I don't wanna. I want to complain about something that I have no right complaining about so that's what I'm doing.

11. miniCooperS

Member miniCooperS Advanced Member

United States
    Well in that case, you are doing a wonderful job. Keep it up. [​IMG]

I went back and started playing Earthbound on my Xbox SNES emulator, since I only actually beat that game once back when I was like 10 years old.

But I'm getting married in a month, so I don't have much time to play it.

12. tshu

Member tshu On epic journey, brb.

Canada
    Uh, "went on record" saying it was "99+%"... yeah right. Who said that? Because I sure didn't. We never went on record saying anything like that. It's getting closer to completion, but there is still a fair amount of work to be done. Geez, some of you people need to just give us a break, we're working on it! And all of us have lives as well.

It usually doesn't bother me when people ask "when will it be out" "where is it" "what's taking so long" but after so much of it, me and the others tend to get a little sick of it. Heck, the team is doing everyone a huge huge favour by doing this. Yet people still find something to complain about, even though it's been a mere 2 1/2 months since we started pretty much.

I get enough of these sorts of complaining topics on the translation project forums, I don't want to see it here on my beloved GBAtemp as well. [​IMG]

tshu = sad :'(

13. dafatkid27

Member dafatkid27 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I hear that tshu has laser eyes. He is not hesitant to use them either.

14. tshu

Member tshu On epic journey, brb.

Canada
    [​IMG]

..owait, that is Dirtie.

15. dafatkid27

Member dafatkid27 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Dangit tshu, you beat me. I guess that's what happens when you're the one that wields them.

[​IMG]
    (a rough mockup of tshu's laz0r eyes in action)

16. Taras
    OP

United States
    Dayum. I guess I was told.

All right. No more daily blogs. Hopefully by the holidays we'll see sumptin.