Hacking the Cyclo is becomming the new R4 *shudders*

paul3100

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
So i only started this thread after reading on another thread some guy had wrote-

" the Cyclo is becomming the new R4 *shudders* "

I for one can't beleive that as its currently the no:1 card for ds/dslite

What do you guys think? and whats the top of the line card or your choice for ds/dslite?

I use the supercard lite/ SCSDHC & TTDS

paul

EDIT: excuise any spelling errors as my spell check is down!

paul3100

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Bought a TT to hold me off until I can afford Cyclo.

Just purchased one too form DX but only as a backup for my supercards, can't really see the point in buying a cyclo as my SC has all the features of the might cyclo but not as fancy!

paul

frantier123

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
If you are talking about CycloDS's support also went down like R4, den it is a NO!

If you are talking about CycloDS is gonna be a "everyone know" flashcart like R4, den it will be a YES!

paul3100

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
If you are talking about CycloDS's support also went down like R4, den it is a NO!

If you are talking about CycloDS is gonna be a "everyone know" flashcart like R4, den it will be a YES!

I think the original poster to this remark ment in general, R4 was known to be the best slot 1 with its easy to use interface and many!!! features (well at the time it was impressive) but now cyclo is top dog but top dog soesn't stay top for ever and with these new dsi cards comming out will bring new features and probably some new cards.

When ever anyone askes what card to buy the answeres always cyclo just as it used to be R4 so there is a pattern there.

paul

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
put it this way...

i will not get a cyclo if i am intending to cheat very often
unless i need the RTS function badly or other functions.. otherwise i don't see a point spending so much on cyclo

any flash cart that can boot the game properly with adequate update will do
smile.gif

so far i have no problem with DSTT... i am one happy user
smile.gif
it never fails me on booting any games that i want to play
smile.gif

well... from the other forums that i always lurk... non of them actually talk about cyclo...
i guess each country or forum they have their own view about it

hmmm new features to the DSi compatible card?
what are the new features that comes with ak2i? dstti? r4i?
i know ez5i got the new buggy RTS

dewp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't know why everyone makes such a big deal which carts better etc .

They all do the same thing :/ give or take a few minor features that you don't need anyway...

All i boils down too is which has the nicest OS - acekard wins imo

nutella

Low Glycemic Index
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
dewp said:
I don't know why everyone makes such a big deal which carts better etc .

They all do the same thing :/ give or take a few minor features that you don't need anyway...

All i boils down too is which has the nicest OS - acekard wins imo
I don't mean to be rude, but that isn't really a fair statement. Different people have different needs. That's why there are premium flashcarts like the CycloDS and then there are budget cards like the EDGE. To you, having a nice OS is probably very important and I must admit it is for me too. For me, I like having features like built-in GBA support and a good in-game text reader. That why I bought a CycloDS. Though I couldn't agree more with you. Its pointless arguing which flashcart is the best.

EDIT: Back on topic. I don't think the Cyclo is becomming the new R4, though I don't doubt that will ever happen. Their last update was pretty significant. I just wish they said something once in a while on their forums so I can really be sure.

Narin

The Cheat Master, kupo!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
cheats.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
The DSi compatible flashcards will not have any new features other than what you can currently do on a normal DS. The DSi is hard coded to run DS games (Including flashcards) in a DS compatibility mode that restricts the game and flashcard to what is only availablein a normal DS. So a normal DS game or flashcard can never access the cameras, extra RAM, processing power, DSiWare, the SD slots or any of the other DSi features. The only way you can access those features and by running in DSi mode which is not possible until the encryption is bypassed which so far, isn't happening unless a serious hardware bug is found.

Now even if it is cracked, your current DSi flashcards like the R4i, AceKard2i, DSTTi and such will still not be able to access the DSi features so a new flashcard will have to be made that boots the flashard up in DSi mode. Meaning, you will have to buy yet another flashcard if the DSi is ever cracked.

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I don't think that CycloDS could ever possibly become like R4..
But there are many carts and everyone picks the cart for their needs, only difference is that anyone that wasn't researching enough gets R4!

I don't think that there will ever come time, when people will start picking up Cyclos as they were R4s!

And also, this is in the wrong section..moved!

shansoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
meh, CycloDS I dont see any advantage of getting it, you can get all the feature you want off from either SCDS One, M3 Real, iTouch, for way cheaper price...

and support from them are quite well, beside M3 Sakura Firmware Support, which is entirely false advertise for English release, we have to thx those cracker to get us a working version...

overall..

CycloDS will never be popular if the price tag is that high, only if the price goes to a competitive level such as, 25-30 USD....

and I do not know why people keep suggest CycloDS for when there is no advantage from it.....

Rykin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
When I originally got the R4, it was due to the fact it was one of the few cards that had great working Download Play at the time.

I got a CycloDS recently because it's one of the few cards with fully functional Wii-to-DS connectivity.

I bought each because I thought they were the best for what I wanted.

kevenka

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Budget wise, DStt, acecard and edge are all pretty much in the same boat...so you might aswell get the cheapest unless you are looking at which one has the most active team. Otherwise, the Cyclops should be at the top because, as someone pointed out earlier, it has the features but also the wii to ds connectivity. The G6 can also do that aswell but I think the cyclod was a bit cheaper when I bought it
tongue.gif

KillerKlown

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have got one too and i have been using it for 2 weeks now... Its so far the best card that I have used.. Kinda because I have not used any other card.. I have a AceKard 2.1 ordered from DX and I am going to order a DSTT just to play with them and test them out. I bought the CycloDS Evo from dealwoot and it was the black version. Just hope the other cards are good like the Cyclo.. The best part of the card is its soooooooo easy to use.. and they update the software often. I have not had any probs with wifi games that I play with my 4 year old. I loves it! And is always trying to steal it from me in my sleep...
blink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup