Parablank

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If there's already a topic like this, please lock.

Anyway, debate between the three systems (Wii, Xbox 360, and PS3.)

Personally, I prefer the PS3. Awesome exclusives (Little Big Planet, Killzone, Heavy Rain, Gran Turismo, Metal Gear Solid, God of War, etc), hardcore move support (Killzone 3, LBP2, Heavy Rain, Resident Evil 5, etc), 3D gaming, free online, and 21 first party studios at their disposal seal the deal that PS3 is my preferred console. Wii is nice, but I mainly just stay with the homebrew scene, and I really like the gameplay. Xbox? Such a disaster. Yeah, it has good online, but you SERIOUSLY NEED TO PAY 50$ PER YEAR. Besides, CGC and parties are coming soon to THE FREE PSN. Not saying that the exclusives are bad on the Xbox, but seriously, most of the exclusives are shooters. I'd like more diversity if I owned a Xbox.

Crimsonclaw111

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Let thy flames cometh forward and ensnare the souls of the living!

Seriously, probably not a good idea. Fanboys will be at each other's throats quickly, regardless of how "intelligent" the posts are.

omgpwn666

Guy gamer and proud!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, if I said the PS3 is a disaster after you buy it that would be annoying, even if their is no logic behind it. lol

Panzer Tacticer

veteran human
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I like my PS3.

Don't have any games for it though as no one makes console wargames (which sucks).

But it is a handy blueray player and does a nice job of playing stuff from my computer on the TV.

Wish I could by some games for it though.

They say 360 has better/more games. Hmmm more of the same of thing I don't want hardly is a selling point for me though.

I likely will enjoy my Nintendo DSi XL until hand held computers finally catch up.

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
Wii has way too much shovelware, and "E For Everyone" games.

Xbox 360 has awesome online, but you have to pay for it, and the hardware blows.

PS3 has shitty online, but its free, and has awesome hardware.

Every console has their flaws.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How about all consoles are equal and each has pros and cons that make them all worthy of a purchase.

Anybody whose foolish enough to not buy one or another of this generations consoles because they're "stupid" is a fool. All three consoles are worth the coin.

XXLANCEXX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I own all three consoles and I pay attention to my television more so
all three system don't got shit on the goodness of television programs
lol
blink.gif

Xarsah16

GBATemp's Official Village Dingus/Idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
I think the console wars are a load of bull. The real "wars" are between the companies making our systems, like who has the best marketing techniques and who can sell the most. Everyone is going to have their trivial little opinion, and it's nothing more than that. People's opinions about which system is the best isn't going to change the world. I like the PS2 more than I enjoy my Wii and XBOX 360. Hell, my 360 barely gets any use (it's more of a heavy DVD player to me) and my PS2 sees the most gaming. It plays my childhood classic PS1 games, and my favorite of all time PS2 games. It even has two slots so I can put my PS1 memory card and my PS2 memory cards into the system. It's also my second DVD player. I guess I'm just stuck in the past, but my point is each system is convenient for certain people, and to each their own.

MelodieOctavia

Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
I remember the REAL console wars between Nintendo and Sega...this shit is just pathetic.

I used to get into fistfights over who the better character was, Sonic, or Mario...

Now most of the games on the 360 and PS3 are nearly identical except for a select few Exclusives for each system.

gamefreak94

GBAtemps (Un)Official Illogical Poster
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
dudeonline said:
I remember the REAL console wars between Nintendo and Sega...this shit is just pathetic.

I used to get into fistfights over who the better character was, Sonic, or Mario...

Now most of the games on the 360 and PS3 are nearly identical except for a select few Exclusives for each system.
I lol'ed when i read this. Yeah and why doesn't Sony and Microsoft have their own Mascot? Oh yeah forget it i know. Its because they are not originally game companies.

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone who partakes in things as juvenile as “console wars“ is a pathetic shill for their respective company.

By this justification, it can be deduced that this thread is bad and by transfer of responsibility, topic creator, you are bad.

Panzer Tacticer

veteran human
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I prefer to debate console vs PC more so.

Too many think a PC is better all because of the hardware muscle. I think too many of the games requiring the muscle though are overrated games.

And nothing much beats playing a game on a 40" TV, something that is not easy to do with your PC unless you have the right conditions.

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Panzer Tacticer said:
I prefer to debate console vs PC more so.

Too many think a PC is better all because of the hardware muscle. I think too many of the games requiring the muscle though are overrated games.

And nothing much beats playing a game on a 40" TV, something that is not easy to do with your PC unless you have the right conditions.
Actually, it's not all that difficult.

And I myself also prefer a PC to a console. I can't stand playing console FPS, as a mouse and keyboard is much more accurate. With a PC, you basically have more than half the 360's "exclusives", as well as the old classics, such as Starcraft.

Thoob

LOLmonade.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Either PS3 or PC, for free online play, exclusives, reliability, and no 10 year olds screaming at me. Well... maybe a few 10 year olds screaming at me then.

T3GZdev

head of T3GZdev
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
why not add onlive to the console wars, so there be wii vs 360 vs ps3 vs onlive

pc is kinda there. but not all people game with pc, but all people do game with consoles.

i still count dreamcast as a current gen console since its the last of the line, thats my opinion tho....
wink.gif

so this is what i see wii vs 360 vs ps3 vs onlive vs dreamcast
tongue.gif

MelodieOctavia

Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
t377y000 said:
why not add onlive to the console wars, so there be wii vs 360 vs ps3 vs onlive

pc is kinda there. but not all people game with pc, but all people do game with consoles.

i still count dreamcast as a current gen console since its the last of the line, thats my opinion tho....
wink.gif

so this is what i see wii vs 360 vs ps3 vs onlive vs dreamcast
tongue.gif

Onlive hasnt even been released yet. Thats just like adding the PS4 to the console wars. Besides, Onlive is more of a service than a console, so the point is moot anyway.

Crimsonclaw111

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The way I see it (though I own none of them):

PS3 = blu-ray
Xbox360 = fps games
Wii = a lot of shovel ware

Each system has its own great selection, but this generation has been (mostly) disappointing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse